Chapter 98

(lol i watched the movie so i could get the words right in this part. also 2 things:

1. the next chapter is most likely going to talk a while to come out because i'm ending the whole year and have a bunch to wrap up!

2. chapter 100 is going to be the entire summer. so that's gonna be a very very long chapter and will also take a while to come out!)

"Tell me about Peter Pettigrew." Harry demanded, pointing his wand at Sirius.

"He was at school with us!" Lupin answered. "We thought he was our friend."

"No, Pettigrew's dead." Harry said. "You killed him!" He pointed his wand at Sirius.

"No he didn't! I thought so too-" Lupin stepped in front of Sirius, blocking him from Harry's wand. "-until you mentioned seeing Pettigrew on the map-"

"The map was lying then!"

"The map never lies." Sirius cut in. "Pettigrew's alive. And he's right there." Sirius raised his finger and pointed directly at Ron. You and Lupin looked at each other knowingly while Harry, Hermione, and Ron gaped at each other.

"Me?! You're mental!" Ron said, shocked.

"Not you! Your rat!" Sirius said, exasperated.

Ron looked at Sirius like he was crazy. "Scabbers has been in my family for-"

"12 years! Curiously long life for a common garden rat! He's missing a toe isn't he?" Sirius said aggressively, looking crazier than ever.

"So what?!"

"All they could find of Pettigrew was his..." Harry said, slowly catching on.

"Finger! The man cut his finger off so everyone would think he was dead! And then he transformed into a rat!"

"Show me." Harry demanded.

Sirius walked over to Ron who was holding Scabbers- or, Peter- close to his chest. Sirius tried to wrestle Scabbers away from Ron.

"Give it to him, Ron." Harry said.

"What are you trying to do to him? Scabbers!! Leave him alone!" Ron panicked. "Get off him! What are you doing?!"

Sirius put the rat down on the piano. Immediately, the rat began to run across the piano making random keys play.

"Scabbers!" Ron yelled. Sirius and Lupin pointed their wands at the rat who ran around on the piano. The rat jumped off the piano and ran across the floor, almost making it out the door when Sirius and Lupin hit him with a spell. The rat slowly transformed into a fat, ugly man. He was stubby, and looked significantly like his rat form. He had long nails, buck teeth (which were a very yucky yellow color) and grey receding hair. His clothes were ratty and scratched.

The man looked back at you all, his eyes shifting around the room. He held his hands like a rat would and sniffed, shuffling nervously.

"R-Remus? S-S-Sirius! My old friends!" Peter said before launching forward, trying to run from the room. Sirius and Lupin caught the man and threw him backwards, both their wands pointed at him. The man looked around the room, becoming more and more agitated.

Peter's eyes landed on Harry. "Harry! Look at you! You look so much like your father! Like James! We were the best of friends-"

"HOW DARE YOU SPEAK TO HARRY!" Sirius bellowed.

Pettigrew ran around the piano, looking for another escape.

"How dare you speak about James in front of him?!" Sirius bellowed.