Chapter 16 (Cedric is Introduced)

You're walking down the halls, feeling higher than high. You know Snape will be mad that you left, but you would just make up some lame excuse. You just needed to show Draco you didn't need him.

I know, you say to yourself, I'll go to Madam Pomfrey's. I'll tell her I don't feel well, and get a note.

So that's where you head. You felt the temperature change to be warmer. Much, much warmer.

You walk into the Hospital Wing and hear voices.

"I'm okay, Madam, I promise. Just got a little scratched up."

"Oh nonsense, Diggory. You need a rest. Lay, right there." You see a tall, muscly boy with chiseled features talking to Madam Pomfrey. He looks over and sees you looking. He smiles.

You smile back, suddenly feeling flustered.

"Diggory, sit. Here, no- no, here." Madam Pomfrey is trying to get the Diggory boy to sit, but his eyes are on you.

Finally, the boy sits. Madam Pomfrey turns to walk away and then sees you.

"Oh! Y/n, it's good to see you, dear. How's your mother?" She asks. Madam Pomfrey was a good friend of your mum.

"She's doing great, Madam Pomfrey-" You say.

"Oh, dear, call me Poppy. I've said that a thousand times. How may I help you?"

You feel Cedric's eyes on you. "Well, I had detention with Snape." You say. "I don't feel well now, though. I was wondering if I could rest for a bit, and have a note to give to him?" Madam Pomfrey nods and escorts you to the bed next to Cedric. Perfect.

"Hey." Cedric says, looking at you as you lay down.

You smile at him. "Hi. I'm Y/n."

"I'm Cedric." He smiles. "I'm a hufflepuff."

"I'm a Gryffindor."

"So I heard you had detention with good ol' Severus?" He asks.

"Yeah. Called his nose huge. He got pretty angry."

Cedric laughs. "Well, props to you. You said what we were all thinking."

You chuckle, trying to get comfy in your bed. The hospital beds weren't the softest thing in the world, but they worked.

Cedric looked at you for a few more seconds before turning on his side. You two sat in a comfortable silence for a few minutes before he spoke again.

"I got scratched up in Quidditch." He said. You turned to look at him. He holds up his arm, which is covered in scratches.

"I see." You said. "It looks like it hurts."

Cedric shrugs. "Not too bad." He smiles at you. You smile back.

"You've got a nice smile." He says. You blush, looking down.

"Thanks." You chuckle. Madam Pomfrey comes back.

"Rest, you two, rest! No chatting right now, you both need rest and a cup of hot tea." You smile to yourself, amused, and turn on your side facing away from Cedric. He does the same.

You smile to yourself. Boy, was he cute.