Chapter 39

Hermione shook you to wake you up. "Y/n, cmon. We've got half an hour until we have to go to Harry's practice." You rub your eyes, standing and gathering your stuff.

"Why don't we go back to our room so we can change and find Ron?" She asks you.

"Yeah, sure." You say, walking with her to your common room. She says the password, and the door opens. You walk through the common room, ignoring the first years chattering, two people making out, and a sixth year studying.

"Ok, let's see what we have." Hermione says, looking around in your closet. "This is cute!" She holds up a loose white sweater. She walks over and grabs a pair of white sneakers from your drawer, and leggings.

"Try it on!" She urged. You gave in, putting it on.

You look in the mirror, loving the outfit. "Wow, Hermione! You should pick my outfits everyday." She chuckles. "Are you going to stay in your robes?" You ask.

She nods. "Yeah, I don't feel like changing right now. We should get going, though. It is sort of a long walk to the Quidditch pitch, and his practice starts in fifteen minutes."

You follow her down the stairs, out of the common room, down a hallway, down two staircases and finally to the front door. She walks through it, followed by you.

"It's just down that hill. I'll assume that Ron is already there. He always shows up early to Harry's practices."

You chuckle. The two of you descend the hill and come upon the pitch. "We can just sit anywhere." She says, walking up the stairs to the stand. You follow her, until she spots Ron.

"Ron!" She says, a little too excitedly. "Oh- erm, hey Ron." She corrects herself. You can't help but laugh at the sexual tension between the two.

"Hey, Hermione! Hey Y/n, I've never seen you at one of Harry's practices before." He says.

"Yeah, Hermione thought I should tag along." You say, and she smiles at you. She sits next to Ron, you next to her, and chat happily waiting for their practice to start.

You were right in the middle of telling them about detention with Draco when you heard the sound of brooms whizzing past.

You look over, and see seven boys flying around the pitch quickly. You couldn't see their faces. Finally, they slowed down and you could see Harry.

He was sitting up tall on his broom, his shoulders back and his chin up. He looked confident and happy and... everything you couldn't give him.

He looked over, noticed his friends, and saw you. His face immediately lit up, as he looked from your face to your outfit. His cheeks reddened, and he turned away, going back to listening to Oliver Wood.

"Ok? Break!" Oliver said. Harry hadn't been listening, and when all the other boys flew off in random directions, he stayed still in the air for a second before whizzing off.

And the game started. Oliver let out two round, black balls ("Those right there, those are Bludgers. Fred and George are the beaters!" said Ron) a big red ball, ("and thats the Quaffle, everyone tries to get that in the rings!") and lastly, a small golden ball that disappeared the second you saw it. ("That's the snitch, Harry has to find that!" to which you responded, "that small thing? there's no way!")

Hermione read her book contently as you watched the game and Ron babbled on about Quidditch.

You watched the game for about half an hour before the boys were given a break. Harry flew over and stopped in front of you.

"I'm glad you came." He said, smiling.

"I'm glad I did, too."