Part 9

3 months later.

Yoshiki has continued his training and is gaining rapid success. His power is often compared to his father whilst he has the 3 tomoe sharingan active. His strengths are mainly his swordsmanship as his blade is like an extension to his own body. He delivers fast attacks that are often mixed with feints and heavy blows often confusing the enemy.

He has also gotten to know the Kochos extremely well as if they were family. He'd often stay at the butterfly estate due to his parents absence due to their own respective work.

Yoshiki Pov.

The boy was casually reading a book about the demon slayer cords which was a gift that father gave to me as a result of his training. Then I heard a sudden knock at my door.

"Hey Yoshiki." Father greeted.

"Hello father".

"It's time to go to the final selection so get your gear ready".

"Understood father".

Because of the training I have been doing father recommended that I should go to the "final selection". He has told me about it before and I saw it in the demon corps book.It's test to see if a swordsman is worthy to become a demon slayer and that's about all I know about it.

"You will be travelling to Mount Fujikasane it will take around 5 days to get there so bring food and water".

I started to back everything and equip all of gear and blade. I brought enough food and water to last me for a week just in case something happens.

"Is that all I will need father?" Yoshiki asked.

"Yes but instead of that blade take this". Father said as he placed the blade into my palms.

 Father said as he placed the blade into my palms

"Why thank you, but why?"

"It's because this blade has been passed down for generations and it is now yours."

"I don't know what to say but why now I six?"

"It's because you are extremely talented talent that has not been seen in decades and you are the heir to the Uchiha."

"But you must go now goodbye Yoshiki".

"Goodbye father". I said.

I didn't know what to say I froze I'm the heir this blade is mine a blade that has been passed down for generations. I then got back on track and started my journey to the final selection.

A few hours later.

The sun started to fade into the sky as I had almost reached my first checkpoint. Suddenly I heard rustling in the bushes until a humanoid creature jumped out the bushes an tried to attack me. Its red eyes that glistened in the darkness and it's skeletal structure protruded from is body.

I quickly presumed it was a demon as I parried it's attacks its attacks were powerful yet uncoordinated as if it was starving and hunting for prey. I quickly sliced its arm of for it to regenerate. So it can regenerate, that confirmed my suspicion.

A sudden thud was heard was heard reaching the floor and then a larger thud accompanying it soon after.

I then walked over to my checkpoint and knocked on the door. After a few seconds of waiting the door creaked open.

"Hello are you Yoshiki Uchiha?" ???

"Yes I am is this the "checkpoint" ".

"Yes it is come in I have made some food".

"It's fine i already have some food" The boy responded politely.

"It's better if you eat it because the others are already asleep and won't eat anymore".

"Ok I will thank you for the food."

"No problem it makes me sad seeing you people be hungry." The small grey haired lady said.

"Don't be sad but what did you mean by others?" Yoshiki questioned.

"Sorry I forgot to tell you, there are two of them a boy and a girl they are both older than you but you will all get on fine." She said reassuringly.

"Ok thank you I will go to bed now goodnight mam". I said leaving to my new room.

It was a small but cosy room that was illuminated by the moonlight that pierced through the curtains that all slowly turned to darkness.

Yoshiki's mind was full of thought thinking about how everything would be the "others" the "final selection" how would it all be how would it all be.

Thanks for reading and thanks for 330 reads! That's insane thank you al so much