Part 64

Giyu Pov

It was him the demon within the demon slayer corps. He hadn't changed at all the only thing that was different was his hair had grown longer. Not a single scratch nor wound was on his body. His cloak was clean and circled around his body not a single spec of dirt was on it.

"Everybody get ready!" Uzui shouted whilst covered in blood.

"Giyu, Sabito! What techniques does he use?" Iguro asked.

"He uses this thing called breath of the moon, he can also use water breathing and the breath style similar to what Tanjiro uses but we don't know much." Giyu shouted back.

"Same thing as we did to the demons?"

"Sounds good."

"Understood."

The four hashira got into fighting stances as the water pillars rushed at the former pillar. He enemy unsheathed his blades and swiped them at the air towards the duo. The shockwaves from just that stopped their attacks but luckily for them they others were their to help them.

"Iguro Now!" The tall man screamed.

Giyu and Sabito locked his blades in place with their own.

"Breath Of The Serpent: First Form!"

"Breath Of The Sound: Third Form!"

The pillars intertwined their attacks again see their foe as the blade edged towards the enemy. He let go of the handles of his blades and punched me in the stomach and gave Sabito a kick in the chest before reclaiming his blades. The Sun Pillar was able to easily overpower Iguro due to their size difference. Next was Uzui. In the brief moments he had to launch a counterattack at The Sun Pillar had sliced the pillars blade in half leaving Uzui with one blade left and himself. With his broken blade Uzui attempted to throw it at his opponent, missing and being rewarded by the blade coming back and stabbing into his chest. Uzui's expression changed from confidence to shock. We were so confident that we could beat him but we had no chance, even from the start.

"UZUI!"

We all dashed in front of our fellow pillar to try to protect him from The Sun Pillar. He walked closer and closer, we couldn't do anything, we were to weak. But he the stopped and closed his eyes.

He then revealed his infamous crimson eyes, the eyes that held so much power

He then revealed his infamous crimson eyes, the eyes that held so much power. The eyes that can torture people, break them.

He was already destroying us. No. Slaughtering us. He seemed to have finally started to get serious. His duet of blades created of floury of attacks, each of his attacks were with a different breath style. Wind, Flame, Stone, Mist and all of the others that we knew about except what he called "Breath Of The Sun" and "Breath Of The Moon".

Although we were fairly outmatched it wasn't like we would just give up like nothing! Uzui was tending to his own injuries whilst we battle so in a few minutes he would be back to battle. We were able to block a few of his attacks, luckily, or we would have lost already. But he then suddenly paused his barrage of attacks giving me an opportunity to strike! There was only one move that would block his attacks and one that would be fast enough to strike him before he could react.

"Water Breathing Twelfth Form! Striking Typhoon!"

This was a combination of what I thought was best to strike him, a combination of the ultimate defense and the of current. I dashed through the air thrusting my blade at my enemy. Gushes of water followed my body covering it with a water like effect shielding me from any attacks that he may try. But it wasn't as good as I thought it would be.

Although the attack was is extremely effected it has a small amount of range and as soon as the range limit is achieved the attacks power drastically decreases. Luckily for me I don't think he is aware of that.

My moment of power was short lived. The enemy didn't just stand by and wait to be attacked he had already figured out a weakness that I didn't even know about! Before I was about to hit him he pointed his blade at where I was going to crash into and if I didn't do it I would be skewered!

In the nick of time I was able to escape from my death by preforming an areal Water style move that I was taught all those years ago. I was still on guard but he started to tell me something.

"Giyu, you are a lot stronger than when I last battled you, I respect you as a worthy opponent."

What did that mean?

"At least you aren't as weak as The Serpent Pillar."

Whilst he was saying that Uzui had flanked behind him. Although The Sun Pillar was powerful there was no way he could hear Uzui he's a Shinobi! Uzui had a blade in his hand as the other hand was gone. He silently raised his blade and attempted to strike down the enemy with all his might.

But.

There was no way that was going to happen.

Their opponent was able to block the initial impact of Uzui's attack but the explosive force of the attack shattered his blades and left his guard open. The Serpent Pillar landed a singular S shaped slash into his shoulder,

YES WE'VE HIT HIM!

The enemy's shoulder was completely sliced open because of Obanai and was only able to limp his arm around and with no intact weapons he didn't have any other options other than to flee

The Sun Pillar's body then collapsed upon itself as the man disappeared.

Everybody was still tense and waiting for him to appear again, they waited for minutes but he never came. The air become filled with sighs of relief as the chance of them all dying faded away. But that wasn't the end of their worries. We still had injured demon slayers to deal with.

Obanai hit him!

Tomioka really likes Salmon Daikon

What is your favourite food?

Thank you all for reading today's chapter I hope you have all enjoyed it as much as I did writing this one. Goodbye 👋