Part 41

"I know how you feel."

The voice was filled with despair and anguish. Tanjiro turned his head towards the voice to a pair of eyes staring back at him.

"Who are you?"

"That's not what is important but I am here to offer you something to protect the ones you love."

"What?"

"Power."

Tanjiro Pov

What did he mean by Power? Power isn't everything you need to be strong.

"I understand why you are asking by what I meant, I will train you to become strong enough to defeat powerful demons."

How would he train me? A new breath style? Tanjiro's thoughts were severed as the man who's face was covered by a wooden hat vanished into the darkness. The boy thought about what he had said. After a while of thinking two familiar auras surrounded him. He looked to his side and saw the Flower pillar. Tanjiro jumped in surprise but he then bumpped into someone else.

"Sorry!" He said before even looking at who he bumped into.

He quickly realised that he had bumped into the Insect pillar. He continued to apologise although it was an accident.

"You are trying your very best Tanjiro even if your friends aren't there." Kanae said.

"You are a pure soul Tanjiro." Shinobu said.

Tanjiro continued to meditate until he asked the question.

"Are you two angry? When I see you two you always give of an angry aura."

This shocked the girls it felt like a cog started to turn inside their heads. The sister's smiles then faded away as they faced the roof below.

"Yes." Shinobu responded sad unlike her usual self.

"After the murder of our parents we became saddened and sealed our emotions away and faked being happy so nobody would have to carry our burden." Kanae explained.

"And this is a because of the sun pillar. Yoshiki."

"Yoshiki was a prodigy, he was extremely smart and his skill with a blade was like a swordsman that's had trained for years. He was a kind boy that never wanted to resolve things with violence he opposed it." Kanae said, every word about him made them shiver.

"We were quite close with his family as our father's knew each other from being demon slayers. We met him when we were quite young, he wasn't shy and understood people and could solve things like an adult. He was extremely bright and never showed any ill will. After training to become a demon slayer for around half an year he completed the most difficult Final selection ever."

It took him half a year to enter the final selection? It took me years that's insane!

"The final selection that he was put up against was so difficult because there was more demons than expected and a Former Lower Moon placed there by mistake. In the history of the final selection that was the only time where only one person survived." Shinobu continued.

"He killed over 50 demons in that final selection over twice as much as the person behind him which was Gyomei. After he completed the final selection he didn't talk about it as "what stays there stays there". His normal life continued until the day of his birthday. The first part of the day was lovely for him we celebrated his birthday which he enjoyed. But that all changed when he went home."

"When he came back his whole village was slaughtered. He went into his home and saw his Mother's corpse. He then saw his Father battling with a demon and ran out of the village with him, by the time they had escaped Uncle Yoshihiro was almost dead."

"His father then jumped of a waterfall killing himself as Yoshiki watched as his father died. He then came to our house covered in blood. He told our father of the news and he told us it was horrible." Kanae said trying not to cry.

"Yoshiki changed completely from that day, he barley spoke and hated himself. He hated his birthday and never celebrated it as he felt like he could've saved his family if he wasn't weak. That's why he despises weakness."

Thank you for 9k reads thank you all.

I'm sorry my updates have been really infrequent recently. I am trying to write as much as I can but I have started school agin recently so I haven't had much time to write. But I'm not allowed to go I to school so I still have time to write :)

I have been playing a lot of video games recently and have been getting back into destiny 2, there has been a trailer for a new DLC beyond light which looks sick so around November I won't be updating to much as I will be playing the game,