Part 11

"Goodbye see you later". They said as they slowly faded into the distance.

After walking for a few minutes a sudden scream filled the air.

The scream echoed around the mountain almost as a cry for help.

Without thinking Yoshiki headed to where the noice came from all that he could think of was.

Run I have to run faster faster I'm not quick enough I must save those in need.

What Yoshiki saw in the distance would forever scar him.

A petite girls limbs were ripped of her body in an instant by hundreds of hands

If only I were quicker if only I was stronger.

The scraps of the flowery kimono fell to the ground like the body parts of the child. This scene would play out in his mind like a punishment reminding him of his failure. The only thing he could do was avenge the girl.

In a flash the demons hands fell onto the ground shocking the demon paralysing him with fear.

"How why no mere child could of done this the demon slayer must be here to kill me as I'm to good at my job." The demon said boastfully.

Then a small child with black hair with red tips glared at the demon.

"Was it you?". This question echoed through his head worrying the demon.

"What if it was?" The demon responded smirking.

"Well then you would die."

The demons smirk that was aimed at the boy changed direction as it fell to its side.

Why can't I feel my body I just want to crush this brat wait has he killed me? No a pathetic brat like him couldn't even kill the weakest demon here. He's no older than 8! Impossible IMPOSSIBLE! This can't be no it can't be...

"God please lead this pitiful soul to a life without hate". Yoshiki said almost sympathising the demon.

The next couple days were uneventful Yoshiki had slain at least 50 demons by the third night and after that he had stopped counting.

Day Seven

Although the nights were difficult the boy had overcome the challenges his main concern was the fact that he had almost no food left this worried him but he could just eat berries of the trees.

As it was dusk and the moon had set he heard a fait noice of a drum playing. Interested the child went to see what was going on. As he traversed closer to the noice he saw the two girls from the entrance of the exam. He then looked at them as they started speaking.

"Well done demon slayer you have now completed the final selection." They creepily said together.

"Where is everyone else?"

"They have all sadly passed away."

Yoshiki's heart just felt like he had been stabbed. Their all "dead" how there was at least 50 of them! Wait Naoko and Michoko. How why? Why do the kindest people die?

"You will now be accompanied by a Kasugaigarasu crow it will notify you when you have missions".

"There are ten ranks Mizunoto → Mizunoe → Kanoto → Kanoe → Tsuchinoto → Tsuchinoe → Hinoto → Hinoe → Kinoto → Kinoe. After Kinoe the strongest demon slayers can become hashira.

"You are currently Mizunoto the lowest rank."

The crow landed on my shoulder and used it as a perch.

"You will now chose the ore for your nichrichin blade".

They called out the different types of ores and told me about why they are special and now it's time for me to pick my ore

I scanned over the ores and my eye was glued to the "Scarlet Crimson Ore" it was as if it was calling for me.

I grasped the metal deciding what would be used for my blade.

"Thank you for deciding it will take around 15 days to arrive".

"This will be your Kimono it is resistant to demon attacks up to lower moons so it is recommended that you wear it".

"Thank you". Yoshiki said thankful for the kimono".

Yoshiki then left travelling back to his village all that he could think about was about the deaths of everybody and how he could of saved them.

"How many of them survived this time it was the hardest one by far because of the former lower moon."???

"One survived I thought more would".???

"Yes who is the final survivor?"???

"Yoshiki Uchiha."???

Thanks for reading. And thanks for 450 reads what how do we have so many reads now???

Also if anybody is confused about the story or just wants to ask question just put your questions in the comments thanks.