Part 16

The aura in the village suddenly changed.

"Stay behind me." He said surprising the girls in the sudden change in tone.

He started to walk around the village to find the centre of the aura and as they got closer and closer he recognized the aura a demon.

Yoshiki gestured for the girls hide behind the house whist he peaked to see what he had expected a demon.

"Ok you two must run, run back to the house." He commanded seriously.

"But what is you get hurt". She said to the afterimage of the family friend. As requested they started to bolt as fast as they physically could back to the butterfly estate.

Yoshiki dashed towards the demon with intent to decapitate it. He unsheathed his blade and went for the strike on the demons blind side. He saw a piece of string glint in his eyes in the direction of his neck to slay the demon. The boy's blade struck through the demons neck effectively killing it in an instance.

The villagers thanked him for his work as he left to catch up with Kanae and Shinobu. He ran towards them to check if they where still ok.

"Hey wait up". He shouted.

"Yoshiki! We were so worried about you!"

"We thought you might get hurt!"

"It's fine I'm ok so it doesn't matter let's just get back home". He said reasoning with them

The trio walked back to the home with the surprise and gifts in hand. As usual the butterfly estate's lights were on symbolizing that it was close to the time to go to bed. The trio knocked on the large wooden door to enter the house awaiting permission. The door then opened.

"Did you get everything?" Uncle asked secretively.

"Yeah". We responded equally as sneaky.

"We will wake up early tomorrow and get everything ready alright?"

"Yep" They said as they entered the building.

"Mom is already asleep so just head up to sleep and don't be to loud".

"Ok father." The girls said.

"Understood Uncle". He said.

After the eventful night they all headed to sleep.

Early in the morning

Yoshiki Pov

Yoshiki , Kanae, Shinobu and Uncle where all decorating the butterfly estate for Auntie Eto's birthday. Mother and father where set to arrive later today to come and celebrate her birthday. Mother was bringing the food and father was bringing the presents. Although I wasn't sure what the food was I knew it was going to be good as I heard that mother was going to be cooking.

After finishing putting up all of the decorations ,which made the house look completely different, a light knock was heard at the door. The head of the Kocho family got up and carefully opened the front door as mother and father almost silently came into the house.

"Auntie Ulla and Uncle Yoshihiro." They said excited to see them trying to be quiet.

"I'm going to get started on food." Mother said.

After chatting for around half an hour footsteps could be heard from upstairs. Mother came into the room to surprise their friend.

"Surprise!" Everybody shouted.

"Wow look at all of the decorations! Thank you so much! What's that lovely smell?" She said excited.

"It's dinner for later." Mother responded.

"Thank you all." She said as she wrapped her small arms around everybody and pulled us into a giant hug.

Then she started to open all of her gifts.

"Thank you so much!" "This is amazing!" "It's so pretty".

Then it came to the final gift. As she slowly unwrapped the gift Yoshiki and the sisters awaited he reaction. As it was fully unwrapped her face took a look of pure shock that transitioned into a beaming smile.

"Thank you all". She said as she tried it on.

"It's perfect it even fits perfectly and it's so beautiful!" She said like a child.

After opening all of her gifts mother called out that it was time for dinner. The smell of the dinner alone made everyone's moth drool. And once we ladies eyes on it that was all that could be looked at and the taste was even better than it looked which I thought couldn't be possible.

"Thank you." Everybody said after chomping down the food.

Thanks for reading part 16