105. you pass away

not me crying 😃 TW: cancer, car crash, shooting

———

calum
"good morning, babe." calum smiles as you wake up in your hospital bed. you smile tiredly at the boy who never left your side. "hi, cal." you whisper, your voice hoarse. "how are you feeling?" he asks, rubbing the back of your hand. "not great. i'm dying, remember?" you answer with a sigh. you had found out about your cancer not too long ago, the doctors telling you that since it was stage 4, there was hardly anything they could do now. it wouldn't be long until your body gives out. you and calum took it hard at first, but you learned to accept it. now, you just spent your last days together, wanting to soak up every last ounce of love from each other. "well maybe my surprise will make you feel better." he says, standing up. "surprise?" you ask, raising your eyebrows as you watch him reach into his back pocket. "y/n, you're the best thing that's happened to me, and i'm so grateful to have you in my life, even if it is while your stuck in a hospital, but i love you and don't want anyone else but you," he tells you, then gets down on one knee. you gasp, seeing him hold up a small black box, opening it to reveal a diamond ring. "will you marry me?" "cal.." you whisper, tearing up. "why would you want to marry me when i'll be gone so soon?" you ask, wanting to make sure he understood. "because i love you." he says, with all the confidence in the world. "of course i'll marry you." you smile, wiping a tear away. you got married in your small hospital room the next day. of course it wasn't the ceremony you've dreamed of, but you had calum, and that's all that mattered. you had calum until your last breath a week later.

luke
the bright lights, the blaring horn, the loud crash. the broken bones, the frightened screams, shattered glass. before you knew it, the car was in a ditch instead of on the road where it belonged. luke pushes his airbag out of the way as smoke begins to rise from the crumpled hood of the car. he looks over to see you, unconscious and leaning against the passenger side door. "y/n! y/n can you hear me?" he asks, leaning over and grabbing your arm. in an instant he felt a cold, wet substance on his hand. looking down, he realizes you're covered in blood. "oh my god," he breathes. as quickly as he could with his trembling hands, he grabs his phone from his pocket and dials 911. the ambulance arrives a few minutes later. by then, luke had gotten out of the car and limped over to your side. you still weren't responsive, but you were breathing. the paramedics take you both to the emergency room, but because of the difference in severity of the injuries, you were separated. it was an hour before a doctor came into luke's hospital room. the boys had made it there by then, and were all eagerly waiting to hear about you. "is she okay? how bad was it?" luke asks, sitting up carefully as his leg was in a cast. "mr hemmings..." the doctor begins. "i'm terribly sorry, but y/n didn't make it."

ashton
it all happened so fast. you and ashton heard the gunshots. he pulled you behind the counter to hide from the shooter. he jumped out to help others hide. then next thing you knew, the gun was pointed at him. he was trying to persuade the shooter to leave before the cops got him, but the man didn't care. all he was concerned about was the money he wanted. you were trembling with fear, watching ashton carefully from behind the counter, but once you heard the gun cock, you jumped up. you ran in front of him, making sure he wouldn't get hurt. that's when the gun shot rang out. it pierced your ears, made your vision go black and caused you to fall to the floor. you saw ashton above you, the look of terror on his face as he screamed at you, but you heard nothing. you looked down to see blood quickly staining ashton's t-shirt you had on. tears involuntarily swell in your eyes as your head falls back against the cold floor. you felt ashton's hands on your face, moving your gaze to him. all you could do was whisper 'i love you' before a bright light took over. then, darkness. and you died there in your boyfriend's arms.

michael
he walks up to the headstone, sighing as he replaces the drooping flowers with the new bouquet he just bought. they were your favorite— sunflowers. he softly sits down on the ground next to the small hump of land, reading over the words engraved into the piece of stone once again. "hi, y/n. i'm back," he smiles softly, finding reassurance in talking to you like you were still here. however, it had been exactly a year since you left. "it's the anniversary of the accident today... and it was much harder to get through the day than i thought." he frowns, looking to the ground. "three hundred and sixty five days and it still feels like just yesterday i held you in my arms. you kissed me so lovingly. we were planning our future together," he goes on, tears forming in his eyes like they always did. "i don't know how i'll ever get used to this– you not being here anymore. ashton tells me to just imagine i'm on tour again, but i know even when i go home," he pauses, his face scrunching up with pain. "you won't be there." michael's voice cracks as he looks to the sky in an effort to prevent the tears from falling. he sniffles and sighs, wiping his eyes. "i miss you. i love you, y/n. i always will," he tells you, nodding and biting his lip. "always."