164. the other boys babysit

calum
"and here's a list of emergency numbers if you can't reach us for some reason." you tell the boys. "y/n, calm down. everything is gonna be fine." luke assures you. "yeah, we're great with kids!" michael nods. "yeah, go have fun!" ashton tells you and calum, pushing you both towards the door. you almost trip over your heels as you're shoved out the door. "bye mommy, bye daddy!" your daughter delaney waves to you. ashton shuts the door to your house and turns to delaney. "so, what should we do first?" he smirks. "food!" michael cheers, running to the kitchen. your daughter giggles and runs after him, ready for some dinner. as you and calum ate your own dinner, you couldn't help but worry. you knew the boys were responsible and you trusted them with your life, but this was one of the first times you've left your daughter with someone else. "don't worry, babe. i'm sure everything is perfect." calum smiles, stuffing his face with a piece of steak. "what do you think they're doing?" you ask, taking a sip of wine. "well, michael is probably eating everything in the house, i can see delaney putting every hair clip she has in luke's hair and ash would be frantically trying to keep the house clean." he nods, making you laugh. after your meal, you go back home to find exactly what the described to be the case.

luke
"come on y/n, we've been out of the house an entire five minutes and you're already on your phone." luke grumbles at you. "i'm just checking in with them!" you tell him, texting calum about how the babysitting is going as you walk down the isles of food. your daughter was napping and you needed to run errands, so before you could protest, luke agreed to let the boys babysit for you. "it's fine. she's sound asleep." luke assures you, whisking your phone out of your hand and slipping it into his pocket. "hey." you frown at your boyfriend. "chillax, bro," he smirks, making you raise your eyebrows at him. "uh i mean, i love you sweetheart." he corrects himself, the smirk falling from his face. you laugh at his goofiness and grab a box of instant mashed potatoes from the shelf. "but really, the boys are great with kids. you have nothing to worry about." luke says, placing a hand on your hip and kissing you gently to help calm your nerves. once you've finished your grocery shopping, you head back home. you both carry the bags into the house, finding your daughter still peacefully napping. "ew luke's back." michael groans. "lovely to see you too, mike." luke sighs.

ashton
ashton booked a gig at a pub in australia to sing some of his songs from superbloom. you hadn't been out of the house in so long since you're taking care of your one year old son, isaac and since the boys have seen your husband perform so many times, they offered to watch your baby while you and ash went out. it was so generous of them to do and you had the best time sipping drinks and singing along to ash's pride and joy— his own album. now you were headed back home, excited to get back to your handful of a son. you and ash walk through the door, making your eyes immediately go wide. the boys were putting on a fashion show, playing runway music and had all of your heels laying in the floor. luke walks across the living room in a pair of red pumps, waving to you and ashton. "welcome home, hunnies!" michael follows after him, showing off glittery blue boots and calum goes last, carrying isaac who was in nothing but a diaper and black heels. "i see you guys have been having fun, huh?" ashton asks. "yeah!" isaac shouts in response, throwing his hands up in the air. "yeah!" the other boys repeat.

michael
"i'm so glad we got to go out tonight." michael smiles, slipping his hand into yours and placing a quick kiss to your temple as you two walk down the sidewalk, heading back to your home. "me too. i just hope the guys are okay." you say, wondering what they have been up to with your kids. you and michael had a two year old son and a daughter you had given birth to a few weeks ago. knowing you both have been so exhausted from taking care of them every day, the boys offered to babysit while you went out. you were so thankful to have such sweet friends and enjoyed yourself with your husband. walking back through the door to your home, you find the boys on the couch. the tv was softly playing, the screen lighting up the dark room. luke, ashton and calum were asleep, your daughter softly snoozing against luke's chest. your son however sat in the floor, sipping juice from a large cup. "bud, what are you still doing up?" michael asks. your son points to the tv and shouts, "nascar!"