17. being friends with one direction

when u see it ;) (or should I say read it)

———

calum
you sat with your head resting on your boyfriend calum's shoulder, talking with the rest of his band and one direction. calum introduced you to 1d a while ago and you loved getting to hang out with them, not because they were the famous band one direction, but because they were so kind and made you laugh. taking away all of your nerves of meeting them once you saw how goofy they were, all 9 boys made you feel welcomed into the group. you were a group of best friends, except for you and calum being a couple of course. the two of you sat in a love seat together, because it was only fitting, and niall was sitting on a stool while the rest of the boys split up onto the three couches. your eyes heavily glanced at the empty pizza boxes on the table in front of you, recalling all of the fun you had tonight. pranks, laugh, ah. hanging out with the boys was so fun, but made you so tired. you moved your chin so it was sitting on calum's shoulder as you looked up at him. he softly smiles down at you, kissing your lips gently. what was meant to be a quick peck turned into a short makeout session, the boys interrupting you once they noticed. "you two wanna go find a dressing room?" harry laughs, making you blush. "oh let them be, it's cute," luke smiles, tilting his head and looking at you and your boyfriend, earning a weird look from the rest of the boys. "what? i'm a hopeless romantic."

luke
"y/n! come quick!" you heard your boyfriend luke yell. you quickly got up from the couch you were sitting on in the front of the tour bus and made your way to the back where luke's voice was coming from. you were visiting him while he was on tour with one direction. luke, calum, michael and ashton have all worked so hard to get to this point and you couldn't be more proud of your friends. of course while they traveled the world, that meant you staying back in your hometown missing all of them so much, so when you got the opportunity to stay with them for a few nights, you immediately said yes. "what is it?" you ask, opening the door to the back lounge. right as you did, you're hit in the face and torso with silly string as your boyfriend, his band and the boys from one direction laugh. "I hate boys." you sigh, chuckling a little. "no, you know you love us!" niall laughs as he records the entire prank. "yeah," luke says, wrapping the arm he wasn't holding a can of silly string in around your neck. "especially me." he kisses your forehead. "yeah, I do," you smile sweetly. "but not enough that I won't get you back!" you swiftly grab the can out of his hand and start spraying the boys. everyone laughs, running around in the small room, and wishing they could stay on tour forever.

ashton
"you know, y/n's got a pretty nice bum on her." liam of one direction tells the other boys in his band as well as luke, calum and michael. "I've been saying that for years!" calum tells him, looking over at you and ashton across the room. you've been missing ashton like crazy while he was on tour and decided to surprise him at his next venue. you got to meet the lovely boys of 1d, but you and ashton wanted some alone time too, which they completely understood. "yeah and ashton almost kills you every time you do." luke laughs, scrolling through twitter. "he's very protective." michael nods to liam. "how protective can he be when we're here, surrounded by all these workers?" niall asks rhetorically, standing up from his seat. "i wouldn't do that, mate." luke tells him, but niall continues walking over to you and ashton. "hey y/n, are you one of our spotlights that got left on too long? because you're smoking!" he winks at you, making you laugh. "wow, that was a terrible pickup line." "yeah and you better not try another." ashton glares at him. "babe, don't get jealous," you tell your boyfriend, rubbing his arm. "you know I'm all yours."

michael
you and michael have been dating since you were both 15, so you've been there for him through everything. the forming of 5sos, the first youtube video, and now touring with one direction. you being his rock, michael invited you to go on tour with them which you immediately agreed to. traveling the world with your best friends was a dream come true. tonight's stop was new york's madison square garden. you were hanging out with your boyfriend and his band before they walk out on stage. "good luck, babe." you smile at michael, pecking his lips softly. "thank y—" he stops talking and looks down, beginning to frantically look around him, in his pockets and on the floor. "oh no, my lucky guitar pick!" his eyes go wide. "where'd you leave it?" you ask. "on the bus!" "I'll go grab it." you quickly run through the backstage area, out the door and onto 5sos's tour bus. shuffling through papers, empty cup noodle cartons and t-shirts, you finally find michael's red and black guitar pick on his bed. you get back to him as fast as you can, seeing him and the other boys waiting for you. "you're a lifesaver, babe." he sighs, smiling at you. you pant, trying to catch your breath. "you owe me, clifford. you know I don't run." "oh I'm sure he'll be happy to repay you." harry smirks, patting michael's back then running out on stage. you giggle and kiss your boyfriend's cheek. "have fun, rockstar."