59. haunted house

calum
there was nothing more you wanted than to be at home, cuddling cal on the couch while a disney channel halloween played on the tv, but calum thought you should live the movie rather than just watch it. you weren't a fan of haunted houses and especially not this decaying abandoned mansion sitting in front of you. calum begged you to explore the house with him for the whole month, it being a spooky season tradition and you finally gave in, his puppy dog eyes being your downfall. "you know they say that the whole family was killed by an ax murderer," he tells you as you two walk up the creaky steps of the house. "two parents and three kids. all hacked up while they were asleep. they never found who did it, just a family full of people with their heads chopped open—" "shut up, cal." you hiss, tugging on his arm but not letting go as you walk through the front door. he chuckles as the both of you enter the foyer, the rotted floorboards feeling like they could give out any second. moonlight shone in through broken windows, revealing a grand staircase and what once seemed to be a gorgeous chandelier now lay shattered on the floor. "you know, this would be a sexy place to get it on." calum nods, looking around. "let's just get this over with, please. i'm already scared enough." you say. as if on cue, you feel a gust of air as the front door violently swings shut behind you. you jolt as you feel the whole house rattle like it's alive, and now not even calum's sturdy can calm your racing heart.

luke
"luke, i don't want to do this." "it's going to be fun y/n!" luke said, kissing your knuckles as he practically dragged you out of the car. you looked up at the haunted hospital in front of you, the open windows letting in the cool night air and letting the screams of victims inside pierce the air around you. he handed the man at the entrance your tickets and he admitted you inside. you hesitantly followed luke into the first room: a completely pitch black elevator that creaked and dropped warm liquids on you from the ceiling. "luke I really want to leave," you whispered, pressing your back into his chest, ensuring nothing could sneak up behind you. "babe, we just got in, we have to walk all the way through," he said, wrapping his arms around you so there was no way anything could get between you two. the elevator stopped and the doors opened, revealing a perfectly white room, nothing on any of the walls, no doors no windows, nothing. for what seemed like half a second the lights went out, causing you to scream, backing into a corner. within an instant the lights were back on and suddenly you two weren't alone any more. standing in the corner opposite of you stood a clown, it's face paint smudged beyond believe, blood dripping from its attire and mouth. "lucas hemmings get me out of here!" you said, tears purely from fear dripping down your cheeks as the clown cocked it's head to the side, making a menacing laugh as it lifted a bloodied ax you'd failed to notice before and advanced towards you. you and luke both scream and frantically look around the room, not knowing where to go. "feel the walls y/n, there has to be a door in here!" he says, continually moving. you eventually find a notch in the walls and push it open, revealing a long hallway. it seemed to be more of the haunted house, but there was an emergency exit at the end, so you and luke run faster than you thought was humanly possible. once you reached the car, you looked at him. "we are never coming back." you pant. "ptsh, it wasn't even that scary," luke shrugged, playing off his emotions.

ashton
you and your best friend ashton stand at the entrance of the haunted maze, waiting for it to open. you stand up straight, gulping slightly as the door opens and a man invites you in. you walk in front of ash, heading into the bushes, already feeling a chill run up your spine. a revving chainsaw was almost a constant sound as we walked farther into the maze. "ah, gotcha!" a deep voice calls out, making you scream while stumbling away from the person. ashton laughs a bit while stepping closer to you, ushering you along. a couple more people jump out and you jump back into ash's chest. "i got you, babes." he says, rubbing your arm. you could see the exit about thirty feet in front of you and pull him along, keeping your eyes on the door. you were stopped in your tracks when a tall, scary dressed man jumped in front of you. you and ashton both let out a scream before he grabs your hand, running to the exit. you emerge from the maze laughing, forgetting all about the terror you just went through. "aren't you glad I talked you into coming now?" he smirks as you two begin walking back to the car "yeah, but why'd you ask me here knowing I hate scary stuff?" you ask, keeping your hand in his. he scratches his neck, looking at the ground. "um, well exactly for what happened. you hung onto me for dear life an-and it gave me an excuse to hold your hand," ashton mumbles as a blush coats his already rosy cheeks. "I uh, I really like you." your heart flutters and I let out a quiet awe. "ash," you draw out and grin from ear to ear. you step closer to him, our bodies grazing each other. "I really like you too." his hazel eyes lit up and bring his hands to your cheeks, dipping down to kiss your lips. you couldn't help but smile, having thought about this moment for years. one of ashton's hands slides around your lower back as he pulls away. "that was a lot better than I imagined," he mumbles, resting his forehead on mine.

michael
"mikey, I'm scared, hold my hand!" you squealed, scooting closer to him in the little cart you were both strapped into. he chuckled, interlocking his fingers with your, wrapping his other arm firmly around your shoulders. you weren't a fan of haunted rides, but when the attendant strapped you both in, there was no turning back. the small cart began to trundle along a rickety track through the dark doorway. fear bubbled up through your body, as your grip on your boyfriends hand tightened. "are you alright, babe?" michael looked down at you tucked under his shoulder, worried. you nodded, "f-fine" you lied, trying to calm your nerves. he didn't seem convinced, but left it; pulling you into his side more. as the cart swung around a corner you were greeted with a skeleton strung up on a pike, with a 'turn back or die' sign wrapped around its neck. the cart took an unexpected drop, causing you both to jump, and making Michael lose his grip on you, and to top it off you felt something slimy fall on your head, pulling your hair down as it dripped down your back and onto your face. you screamed as the cart jolted to a halt outside the back door. you both squinted slightly as you adjusted to the change of lighting, from pitch black to bright whiteness. when you could see properly, you saw you were facing the car park at the back of the house. the second attendant let you out and you couldn't run to the car fast enough. "y/n, babe, slow down!" michael called out behind you, but you kept running until you were sitting in the passenger's seat. you sighed in relief as Mikey caught up to you, sitting behind the wheel. you continued to try and take out the slimy substance from you hair. "here, let me" michael said, gently combing his hands over your hair. "are you okay?" "yeah, I guess I over-reacted a bit, huh?" your cheeks burnt red as you thought back over your loud screaming and near crying. "what do you say we go home, watch hocus pocus and forget this happened at all?" michael chuckled. you smiles and nodded eagerly. he kissed the tip of your nose softly before driving away from the haunted house which both of you happily forgot that evening.