42. he finds out you're pregnant

this is from lashtonswildflower on tumblr!

calum

you're pacing and you wonder whether or not you've worn out a hole in the rug already. it helps though, as funny as it sounds; it gives you something to focus on except your impending motherhood and the reaction of your best friend when he finds out he's the father. you laugh, running your fingers up into your hair as you shake your head back and forth. this really isn't the way you imagined this happening. twenty minutes later there's a knock on your apartment door and you're still no closer to figuring out what you're going to say. there's so many ways this could end and in each of them you feel like you might lose calum or at least the easy relationship you've had for years. is there ever an easy way to tell a man that you got pregnant after a drunken hook up? there's a lump in the back of your throat as you let calum inside but he seems to not notice your uncomfortable mood, giving you a quick side hug before he's heading towards your couch, throwing himself down onto the cushions. he's trying to tell you something about michael but you aren't paying any attention, your hands wringing together in front of you. "calum we need to talk," you blurt out, cutting across his sentence. "are you breaking up with me?" he jokes, playfully pouting his bottom lip. normally that would have you cracking a smile, but not today. tears sting at the corner of your eyes, your breath shaky and uneven as you try to calm yourself down. calum is instantly concerned, ushering you over to the couch and immediately pulling you into his arms. "sorry." "what's going on y/n? are you alright?" another shaky breath. "you remember that night that we... you know, on my birthday?" "yeah, bits and pieces of it," he waggles his eyebrows a little. "why?" "calum...I'm pregnant." his playful expression slips right off his face, his arm falling away from where it was resting over your shoulders. you feel a few tears slip down your cheeks but make no move to wipe them away. "pregnant?" He asks after the longest pause. "an - and you know that it's mine?" "calum -" "okay, alright, I know that was a stupid question but I just - what are we going to do?" "I don't know..."

luke

it keeps going around and around in your head. the pregnancy test, finding out you were going to have a baby, everything that luke said earlier. it's all twisted up in knots in your head and you have no idea how to start sorting it all out. you look up from where you're resting against luke's chest, his hand running up and down the length of your spine. neither of you had said much in the hour following the tears but sooner or later you'd need to talk about it. "lu?" "hmm?" Luke responds, looking down at you. "we're going to be okay right? this is good news?" "luke's quiet for several minutes, his eyes focused on the ceiling. you hear him sigh. "i'm not gonna lie y/n, I'm terrified as hell right now. I didn't think we were going to be in this position, especially now with me leaving in less then two weeks... but it's still good news." "really?" "I always wanted to have a family with you someday babe," he snuggles you against his chest, kissing the top of your head. "so it's sooner then what I thought, I still love you and we'll work everything out as it happens." you know exactly how luke is feeling. as much as you were all for starting a family this was a slightly terrifying situation. luke was going to be gone for ninety percent of your pregnancy, half way around the world with no way of making it back if you needed something. "we aren't the first ones to do it lu," you whisper quietly, tracing a pattern over his pec with the tips of your fingers. "we have an amazing support system around us." "I know," He smiles softly. "We're really doing this."

ashton

it was surreal to think that after all this time you were finally pregnant. that you and ashton were going to have the family you'd been craving for over a year now. you almost couldn't wait to tell him, about to hit his number in your phone when you stopped yourself. this wasn't the kind of news to give someone over the phone; you wanted to see his face, feel his reaction. so you texted him instead, telling him to get home as soon as he was finished in the studio, that you had exciting news for him. you couldn't stop smiling as the afternoon rolled by, your hands constantly finding their way back to your stomach, despite there being nothing to feel yet. as you waited you imagined whether it would be a little girl or boy, whether they would look like you or like ashton - you hoped they would take after him. you spent so long trying to picture them in your head that you almost missed when ashton pulled up the driveway, the slam of his car door bringing you back to reality. "hey babe?" ash calls as he comes inside, shutting the front door behind him. "in the lounge room," you call back, trying to neutralize your face a little so you don't give it away. "everything alright? what was the news you needed to tell me?" you patted the spot on the couch next to you. "so I had lunch with luke's girlfriend today," you started, ashton smiling at that. he loved that you spent time together. "and I got really sick..." ashton was instantly concerned, just like you knew he would be. "are you okay? did you eat something bad at lunch?" "nope." "I'm - I'm not following." smiling you grabbed ashton's hands, guiding them toward you until they were resting on your belly. you bit your bottom lip and watched his expression as it all clicked together in his head. ashton's eyes widened and a large grin spread over his face. "are you serious?" "we're going to have a baby ash."

michael

you've known you were pregnant now for just over a week and you haven't said anything to michael. it's not that you don't want to tell him, because keeping a secret like this has been really hard, it's just because it isn't something you want to tell him over the phone. you want to see his face when he finds out and that alone has kept you from saying anything over the last few dozen phone calls this week. things are starting to slow down a little in the studio now that everything has been recorded and you can tell by the tone of his voice that michael is a whole lot less stressed. he even has a few days off this weekend and agreed to drive up to your parents place after you asked. your mum helps you figure out how to tell him and you are so excited you can't keep the smile off your face. baby clifford will be the second of the 5sos babies and you know everyone will be excited when they find out, michael in particular. ever since ash had had his son, michael had been the doting uncle and you knew how much he also wanted a family of his own. your parents go out about half an hour before michael is due to turn up and you're thankful for the privacy, choosing to set everything up to keep yourself busy. around the house you place a few baby things, some left over from when your brother's two children were younger. on the coffee table you leave a folded up baby blanket with a teddy bear sitting on top; on the bottom stair you leave a pair of booties and hanging off your bedroom door handle you hang a dummy. when the front door opens you smile, ignoring it when michael calls out for you, staying sat on the end of your bed. michael calls out again and you hear him walking around downstairs, the sound of feet on the stairs a minute later. your smile gets wider as you hear him pause outside of the door, no doubt finally piecing everything together. when he finally comes inside you see that he has tears in his eyes, the teddy bear and blanket in his arms. "you aren't joking are you?" "i'm not joking mikey," you reply, placing your hands over your tummy. "we're really going to have a baby." it only takes four steps for him to be in front of you, michael falling down onto his knees, hands on either side of your waist. he leans his forehead against your stomach and you hear him sniff, your fingers immediately combing into his hair. "I love you so much," he murmurs. "you and baby clifford."