2. how you meet

I was too lazy to read over this so lmk if there's a typo and please give me ideas & suggestions of what to write!!

———

calum
a bell rings as you walk through the door of the small vinyl shop on the corner of the street. smells of dusty vanilla and leather filled your nose as you listened to the soft 80's rock music play on the speakers. you begin walking down the isle, searching for a new vinyl album to add to your collection. "sorry, we're actually close— oh." you hear a boy say. looking up, you're met with a young black haired boy holding a stack of records. you smile and look at your watch. "actually, you close in 5 minutes and lucky for you, I know what I'm looking for." he sets the records down on the wooden check out counter. "well, what can I help you find then?" he asks, smiling and sticking his hands in his pockets. "pablo honey," you reply. "by—" "radiohead!" the boy finishes quickly. "that's my favorite album of theirs." he says, walking to another isle in the store. he shuffles through some records before finding the vinyl album and handing it over to you. "take good care of her." you laugh and reply, "don't worry, calum, i will." "wha- how'd you know my name?" he asks, confused. you point to the name tag pinned to his shirt and just giggle. "oh, right." he smiles at himself as he looks down at the golden plate with his name scribbled on. the two of you walk to the cash register and he rings up the album. "are you from around here? i don't think I've seen you come in before." he says, taking the money you give him and filing it away. "i just moved here," you smile at him. "but I love music shops like this so i'll definitely be back." calum hands you a bag holding the record and receipt. "you'll want to come in when i'm working though," he smirks. "i'm here tomorrow from 10 to 6." you laugh softly and nod. "then i'll see you tomorrow, calum." he leans against the counter and cross his arms. "see you tomorrow...?" he asks, looking for a name to finish his sentence with. "y/n." you tell him. "right. see you tomorrow, y/n." you leave the shop with a smile on your face, looking forward to coming back tomorrow and hearing your name roll perfectly off his lips again.

luke
you pause the office episode you're watching as your noisy brother comes into the house. "can you keep it down? i'm watching michael scott!" you ask your older brother ashton, obviously annoyed. you look over into the kitchen and see ashton sipping from a water bottle. standing next to him was a boy you'd never seen before but reasoned that it was a friend of your brothers. he looked about the same age, maybe a little younger. "ugh, if you're gonna tell us to shut up, make sure it's a show that's worth it." ashton scoffs, putting the cap back onto the water bottle. "hey, the office is good, bro." the blonde haired boy beside your brother says. "you like it?" you ask him, getting excited that there's finally someone in the house other than you that loved the show. "oh yeah! pam and jim are my otp." he says, walking over to the living room. "what episode is this? stress relief?" he asks, looking at the paused screen. a clear picture of angela throwing her cat up in the air was frozen on the screen. you laugh and nod. "yeah." "ah this is my favorite one!" the boy smiles, taking a seat on the couch beside you. "luke! we were gonna play football!" ashton reminds him, throwing his hand up. "later, mate. dwight's so funny in this episode." luke replies, unpausing the tv for you. you giggle as the scene plays and you see the cat fly into the ceiling then fall out of it, making some ceiling tiles fall along with her. you and luke laugh loudly at the poor animal. the two of you spent the rest of the night watching the rest of that season, making you think that maybe not all of ashton's friends are total losers.

ashton
"next!" the shaggy haired boy at the counter calls out, throwing a receipt into the trash bin behind him. you step up to the register. "hi! can i get a grande caramel iced coffee and a blueberry scone?" you ask. "will that be all?" the boy asks, finally looking up at the gorgeous girl in front of him. his eyes widen slightly and he stands up straighter, trying to make himself look more presentable. "yep." you smile at him. he nods and smiles to himself slightly as he taps on the screen of the register. "erm, it's $6.21." he tells you. you hand him your starbucks rewards card and catch a glimpse of his name tag as he swipes it. "ashton" it read. you look him up and down, taking in his handsome features. the name suited him well. "here you go," he holds out your card to you, smirking because he caught you staring. "oh, thanks." you blush softly and put your card away. "can I get a name for your order?" ashton asks, raising his eyebrows. "y/n." you tell him. "your order will be ready soon, y/n." he smiles at you. you smile back and walk down to the end of the counter to pick up your order. the baristas called out some other names before yours but you finally saw ashton bringing your iced coffee and the bag with your scone over to you. "order for y/n." he smiles. you take the cup and the bag. "thank you very much, ashton." you smile at him. "you have yourself a very good day." he winks, making you laugh. you take your food to go but it wasn't until you got home that you realized the boy had written his number on the side of the cup.
"call me ;) -ash"

michael
"any one person riders?" you hear one of the theme park workers call out to the line of the people waiting to ride the rollercoaster. you were with your best friend and her boyfriend, celebrating her birthday at her favorite amusement park. you two had been best friends since you could remember and there wasn't any bad blood between you and her boyfriend, but you had been feeling like a third wheel all day. "hey, i'm gonna go up there so you guys can ride together." you tell your two friends. "okay! we'll meet you at the exit." she smiles, swinging her boyfriend's hand back and forth as she held it. you squeezed past the people in front of you, making your way to the worker. "are you alone?" the employee asks. "yep." you nod. "great, you can sit with this gentleman." the worker says, opening the gate for you to step off of the platform and onto the rollercoaster beside a boy. he looking around your age and had bright red hair. "well hello there." he smirks at you as you sit down and buckle up. "hi," you giggle at him. "uhm, i'm y/n." you tell your new riding buddy. "michael." he replies. you nod and grab onto the bar in front of you as the rollercoaster starts taking off. you feel the wheels churn as you turn a corner and start going up the hill. "hey, y/n? do you mind if i hold your hand? i'm kind of scared of rollercoasters." michael asks, doing his best to look nervous but you could tell he wasn't scared— he just wanted an excuse to hold your hand. you grab his hand and interlock your fingers with his just before the rollercoaster plummets downwards. "woo!" you hear michael scream. you laugh as you fly across the tracks. the ride abruptly stops and slowly goes back to the platform. "aw it's over." michael pouts. "don't worry, there's other rides here." you say, letting go of his hand and poking his thigh. "are you riding them with me?" he smirks at you. "hmm, fine. only if you buy me a funnel cake afterwards." you smirk back at him. "deal!"