169. love island au

a mix of blurbs & imagines bc i couldn't decide on what to write lol

———

calum
you and the girls lay out by the pool, tanning in your bathing suits as you watch the guys lift weights with the new boys. "what we're their names?" one of your fellow islanders asks. "calum and johnny." you tell her, not taking your eyes off the one that had caught your eye. "y/n's interested i see." your friend laughs. "look at them. who wouldn't be." you smirk. calum squats down as he holds the bar and brings it back with ease. he wipes the sweat off of his forehead with the arm and grabs his personalized water bottle before taking a swig and looking around the villa. you quickly look away, but he locked eyes with you just before. "so you know how i have to pick one of the girls to go on a date with?" calum asks the other guys. "i was thinking about asking y/n. who is she in a couple with right now?" "no one. her guy got sent home, but she wasn't that into him anyways. plus she said you were more her type." one of them replies. "ah." cal smirks, checking you out. one of the girls laying beside you notices and starts freaking out, whispering quietly about how you and calum are totally gonna become a couple and hook up in the hideaway. "would you shut up," you laugh, laying back and enjoying the sunshine. "i've barely talked to the guy." "well you're about to get to talk to him more because he's walking over here." you quickly take your sunglasses off as calum approaches the lawn chairs. "hey y/n, want to go for a chat?"

luke
i just know luke would would fit in on a reality tv show so great he's the type to be a bit awkward at first like if he had to try to be sexy during one of the challenges (but he wouldn't even have to try and everyone watching would drool as the ran in slow motion with water dripping down his shirtless body) but get along with everyone on and off camera bc he's got that personality. he would hit it off with a few of the girls and all of them would find him super attractive but he would really only be interested in you and he'd ask the guys for advice on things to talk to you about and you two would spend most of your days laying on the daybed or rocking back and forth on the swing talking about your life— childhood, hobbies, friends, trips, favorites things, stories, all sorts of stuff and you would be so interested in his life as a celebrity but obviously not make that his whole personality which he knew and appreciated and over the course of the show america would watch the both of you fall in love and vote you all the way to end where luke would win the money and instead of keeping all of it or sharing it, he would ask if it's okay to give it all to you since he's already frickin rich and the producers knew this would make a good headline so they let him and you're astounded and so grateful to start your journey of love with such an amazing guy.

ashton
you groan as the ding from your phone wakes you up at dawn. "i got a text." you mumble to your bedmate ashton after he's awakened by your movements. you open the text and mutter quietly. "y/n and ashton, get up and ready for your date. #SunMoreSleepLess" you read. "aw we got a date!" ash smiles and kisses your cheek. you both roll out of bed and quietly get ready so you wouldn't wake the other islanders up. after putting on a cute romper and pair of sandals, you meet ashton outside who had on a tropical button up and white shorts, then make your way to the car waiting for you outside. the man drives for a while until you get to a large open field. you squint and gasp when you realize it's a hot air balloon sitting on the grass. "no way!" ashton giggles. you practically run to the big machine and climb in before the crew sends you up in the air. you and ashton fly through the sky, watching the sunrise over the gorgeous los angeles landscape and hold each other close. "this is amazing." you smile happily, your back pressed to his chest. "i'm so happy. definitely the luckiest guy in the villa." ashton smirks, making you laugh and turn around to face him. the cameraman captures a sweet kiss between you two before returning to the ground and back to the villa to tell your friends about your amazing date.

michael
michael would be the type to really get into the idea of being in love island like i think he would be apprehensive to sign up at first but once the boys convinced him he could find the love of his life on the show, he would be pumped up and ready to go and in he villa he would be the energetic one that made everyone laugh and he would cook breakfast for all of his new buddies and one day he would get up before everyone to go outside and start cooking but you were a surprise new islander so you would be chilling on a lounge chair by the pool and mike would just freeze at first bc new girl!!!! and then finally come up and offer you a piece of toast and you would get to talking and he would instantly fall for you and get kinda nervous which the guys would pick up on and soon everyone in the villa would be shipping you two and when it came time to pick two people to send on a date, they would pick you and michael so you got to go on a gorgeous yacht ride and drink champagne and eat crackers and cheese but most of the date was spent making out by the ocean the later in the show he would make you go through one of those elaborate treasure hunts around the villa, stopping in the different spots where you first kissed, said i love you and have other memories and at the end he would be waiting for you with a bouquet of flowers and a very important question that you would obviously say yes to.