165. best friends to lovers

these are from various accounts on tumblr! enjoy :)

———

calum
so you had been best friends with calum since you could remember, growing up across the street from each other, attending the same school, keeping in touch after he went on tour and he even helped to get you a job in LA once he moved there and you got an apartment not too far from his place so you both could see each other everyday, have movie nights, sleepovers, pool parties and such like you do but it didn't occur to you that your friendship had fell into more until one night when you were laying on calum's bed, tracing his tattoos lightly to help him fall asleep because he had a bad dream and you were only one that would be willing to come over at four in the morning and you realized it's because you were in love with the boy and he knew he was in love with you too so he lifted your chin, asked why you were playing yourselves like this and kissed you deeply and now i'm crying.

luke
imagine you grew up with luke because your mothers were best friends so you'd go on play dates at the park and have fashion shows together and swim in the pool in his backyard and as you grew up, you would still hang out but your activities became a little less childish so you would go to parties together with his hand naturally glued to your waist the entire night or sit up on the roof drinking beers together and you would still swim at his house but he found himself more interested in your body than the floaties and obviously the boys would notice the tent in his swimming shorts one day while you were all hanging out at luke's as you were tanning and make fun of him because he knew about his crush on you so luke would run off inside with his face as red as a tomato but you'd feel bad and follow him inside to let him know the feelings were mutual and maybe even help him with his not-so-little problem .

ashton
you and ash met in la after the band had moved there and became pretty well known so when your friend asked if you wanted to come to a party at ashton irwin from 5sos's house you obviously said yes and put on your hottest outfit that would be sure to grab their attention which you realized had worked about an hour after catching a pair of eyes staring at you a few times so you went up to talk to ash and automatically felt so comfy around him?? it was like you two were best friends in another lifetime because you got along so well and after the party you two would continue to hang out, make music together, grow vegetables in his garden and whatever else you two came up with because everyday with ashton was an adventure and that's why you fell in love with him and you couldn't take not being able to call him yours so one day you found enough courage to tell him how you feel and he called you an idiot for not realizing he felt the same way.

michael
after meeting on a vacation trip to bali, you and mike exchanged numbers and kept in touch when you went back to la where you became super close with him and his friend group who sure did love to party so you would be out with them almost every night drinking and dancing but sometimes girls would come up to michael and you'd give them a death stare until they left and when a guy would press himself against you on the dance floor michael would find him later and get him to back off and you both told your friends that it was just to protect the other one because your hearts were fragile but they knew it was bs and so did you and michael because the real reason was that you wanted each other for yourself but you were too scared to admit it.