188. you're a princess

these are from various accounts on tumblr!

———

calum
your heart races as you pull the silk duvet closer to your body, gripping it tightly and watching the window beside your bed. the moonlight shines through as does the shaking shadow of the tree outside of your room in the castle. grunts and creaks came from outside as the tree wavers more and you wait for the intruder to show themselves. "princess," a deep voice whispers before a hand grabs ahold of the window sill. you gasp, frightened and slowly sit up in your bed, craning your neck to see who was there. "y/n?" the boy from the neighboring kingdom asks, pulling himself up the castle wall. "calum!" you sigh, relieved to see a familiar face and not one of a murderer. you quickly get out of bed and unlatch your window to allow him inside. he pushes off of a tree limb and climbs into your room. "what are you doing here so late?" you ask him, pulling him in by his arm. "i had to see you, of course." he smiles, looking at you with the same look that made you fall in love with him in the first place. "if my father catches you in here..." you shake your head, buttoning his shirt back up where it came undone as he was climbing. not only would the king be furious that you had a boy in your room, but with it being the duke of the rival kingdom, you probably wouldn't be aloud to leave said room until you were dead. "we can be quiet, can't we?" calum chuckles and grabs onto your hand. "and you're supposed to be taking my shirt off, not putting it back on." he smirks at you, making you blush softly and smile at him. "i apologize, sir, but please worry about my shirt and not your own." you tell him with just as much confidence as he had. he raises his eyebrows at your sass after barely seeing you act anything other than civil around the town. "of course, my heiress." calum says, picking you up and walking over your large bed. he lays you down and hovers over you, kissing your lips hungrily yet gently. "you tell me anything you want me to do and i'll oblige. you are my princess, after all."

luke
you were the fairest maiden in all the land, not just because you were the princess of australia. you were beyond the most beautiful and everyone knew it even the ladies that envied and despised you. all the rich and royal suitors across the country came to the grand ball, but you weren't interested. you didn't like the idea of being in a marriage with any of the elite if you did not love them. you would like a proper relationship and to be a normal teenager with no duties to be taken care of "daughter, dance with the duke of america why don't you? he has impeccable skills." your mother, the queen, waved you over to the seemingly unattractive idiot. you politely took his hand and the duke pulled you closer. "you are much more beautiful in person my lady." you knew about his affairs with women and that he didn't stay with one girl for more than an hour. sad, but the truth. "will you please excuse me?" you separated from him and found the bar with the endless amount of drinks. looking out for your mother, who you knew would scold you for drinking, you asked for one glass of wine. "the princess shouldn't be drinking till she is queen." a voice from behind you said as you almost choked on your drink. "that is not a rule." you turned around to see the most handsome man. he made all the princes you've seen in your life look like garbage. "i must have made a mistake then." this mystery man bowed and you nearly rolled your eyes. "you don't have to bow. i don't like the idea of those before me being treated lowly." the man smiled at you softly and took your hand in his. "that's a nice philosophy. now please let me accompany you to a song." he took you on the ballroom floor and elegantly swayed you around. "you're better at dancing than any of the men here. usually they twirl me around as if I'm a potato. what is your name?" you asked him. he then twirled you around and smirked as you came back to his embrace. "you didn't answer my question." "luke. luke hemmings." his blue eyes smiled back at you happily as you smiled at him. "are there any sort of titles to your name?" the question had made him frown. "i have no title. i'm merely a peasant. i kind of snuck in at the entrance." you were appalled but did not mind that he crashed this boring party. "that's alright. i like you just the same." your words made luke smile at you once more before letting go of your hand. "i must go. i can see that your mother is observing us. she cannot know that i'm an ordinary boy." "will I ever see you again, luke?" you asked. "meet me by the courtyard tomorrow at midnight." he kissed your cheek and before you knew it, he was gone.

ashton
the lights went out and he immediately grabbed you by the waist and hauled you into a cloakroom that he'd marked earlier in case of emergencies such as this. you struggled in his arms. "my parents—" "— have their own security detail," ashton brusquely interrupted, locking the door with one hand while the other kept you pressed against him. "release me." you snapped. "do you promise to stay put?" he asked. the moon filtered in through the windows, over racks of fur coats and glittery silk stoles. in its silver glow, he caught your slight nod. no sooner had he dropped his hand from your waist to his side when you ran for it, rattling the lock until he picked you up, your back flush against his chest. "are you trying to get me fired, princess?" he growled in your ear. "i have to find my parents!" you kicked and buckled, surprisingly strong for someone so small. "they're walking right into a trap, I—" "we don't know that yet. we don't know anything. there are too many variables." you spun around to glare at him, moonlight casting a net of shadowy patterns on your pale face. you were too close. he could smell rain and lily of the valley in your perfume. there had been many other struggles like this with your attitude and his determination, causing tension to continuously build up between you two. your eyes flickered to his lips for just a second, but he saw it. "ashton, if this isn't the other kingdom staging a coup against ours, i'll shoot my own foot!" "what a coincidence, because here i am trying to keep you from getting shot!" he said angrily. he swallowed when he realized that he still hadn't let you go; he watched, mesmerized at your stubbornness, bravery and beauty. slowly, he releases his grip as all that could be heard in the small closet was their ragged breathing. "i'm not letting you get hurt. now let's keep your mind off of the craziness out there with a few activities, huh?" ashton proposes. you cross your arms and glare at him. "like what?" he smirks and steps closer to you, grabbing your chin and looking at your lips. "i could think of a few things."

michael
"i'd be surprised if you have not made enough yet. you've been in here all day." you speak up, causing michael's head to snap towards the wooden door to the kitchens. you were leaning against the stone doorway, watching him bake. he smiles at you, taking in your effortless beauty. you wore a short silk night gown and your long hair was braided to the side, falling over your shoulder and against your crossed arms. "the head cook said there would be at least five hundred people arriving tomorrow." he explains. "you work too hard, clifford." you shake your head, peeling yourself from the wall and walking into the room. "it's just my job as your staff, princess," he chuckles at you, cracking open an egg against the wooden bowl then adds, "i think you talk too much." "it's my job as princess, handsome." you tell him, returning a pet name and walking around to the side of the table where he stood. you watch as he beats the egg into the cake batter quickly. he catches your eyes traveling up his arm, staring at his large muscles that give him so much power. "drool over the cupcakes, darling, not me." he smirks at you, grabbing a pan from the shelving under the table as you blush. "i just can't seem to keep my eyes off of you nor my feet away from yours." you admit as you lean against the table and tilt your head to look at him innocently. ever since you met michael not that long ago, you had admired his efforts around the castle. he was very helpful, friendly and charming as well as much more interesting to talk to than the other royals you're forced to dine with while the one you would truly like to share your meals with is the one cooking them. "well i certainly won't complain about that." he says, dipping his finger into the batter and tasting it quickly. "mm. just right." he nods. "may i try?" you ask, leaning forward and staring at the mix. "of course, m'lady." michael says, holding the bowl up to you, however you give him a sly look as you grab his hand, dip another one of his fingers into the bowl and softly lick the contents off. his face falls and his lips part as he watches you suck his middle finger clean. "yes. tasty." you smile.