66. soulmate au

y'all idk I'm just really proud that I wrote these hehe enjoy!

———

calum
on your wrist each morning pops up an event. that event is something special that's happening in your soulmate's life for that day. once you find them, the event fades away. today written on your wrist was 'meeting his soulmate'. you loved knowing what your soulmate was up to each day, but this event was by far the most exciting. you made sure to put on your best outfit and then went into the city for a better chance of running into him. you walked around, looking at everyone on the streets, trying to decide who your special someone could be. passing a flower stand, you decide to pick a bouquet out. before you could grab the last bundle of sunflowers, another hand snatches it up. "sorry, can i take these? it's really important." the dark haired boy beside you asks. "looks like you already did." you chuckle, making him blush. "they're for my soulmate. i'm supposed to be meeting her today and she likes sunflowers." he explains, taking out his wallet to pay for them. "oh that's so sweet! sunflowers are gorgeous, i'm sure she'll love them. i'm actually meeting my soulmate today too." you say, looking down at the sentence on your wrist, but it was no longer there. "wait-" you mumble, looking at your other wrist. "wait, mine's gone too. that means i've already met them." the boy says, looking at his own wrists then back up at you. "did you happen to go to a sunflower field last week by chance?" he asks, raising his eyebrows. you giggle and nod, "actually, i did. is that how you knew your soulmate likes sunflowers?" you ask and he nods. "these must be for you then," he smiles, holding the sunflowers out to you. "i'm calum." "i'm y/n."

luke
you'd think living in a world where you could hear your soulmate's voice every time they sang would be fun. that getting to hear them sing would make you happy and relaxed. that's true, unless your soulmate is in  a pop punk band that travels the world singing every night. during the first concert that 5sos played, you heard luke's voice and thought it was oddly similar to the song you'd heard on the radio that day. turns out, you were meant to fall in love with the luke hemmings. althought it sounds pretty cool, it comes with alot of late nights, hearing him perform, practice and produce his music. when the opportunity to visit one of those concerts came up, you grabbed pit tickets as fast you could. you were so excited to finally see luke in person, and maybe get him to realize that you were his soulmate. after all, he can hear you singing just like you can hear him. on the day of the concert, you and your friends made your way to the venue. finally, the boys run out on stage and start their set. you watch luke's face as you begin singing along. he hears your voice in his head and his eyes go wide, realizing you're at the concert with him. he looks around the stadium, trying to pick out who in the crowd could be his soulmate, then his eyes land on you. you give him a wink and continue singing as he grins widely, singing along with you.

ashton
"hmm what should i eat for lunch?" "vegemite toast!" "that's disgusting."
"can you sing to me, ash?" "sure, love."
"why do you have to be so far away?" "i don't know, but i hate it." "would you ever come to la?"
talking to your soulmate was sometimes the only way you got through your day. even though he was on the other side of the world, talking to ashton through your thoughts made your life a whole lot more interesting. it took a while to hear, but once you turned sixteen, you could hear another voice in your head. you were so thankful that you did because some people never hear their soulmate, or don't even have one. but knowing that ashton is out there waiting for you brings you so much peace."hey, are you good at math?"  you think , sitting in class and staring at your test. "i'm a drummer, babe. not an accountant." "hey, i didn't need the sass, i just need an answer." "how about an answer to your question from last night?" you're quiet for a moment as you try to remember your conversation from yesterday and the question you asked him. "about  coming to la?" "yep. how about yes?" "you're joking." "i bought a plane ticket this morning." you clasped a hand over your mouth, trying to contain your excitement since you were still in math. "i cannot wait to see you, y/n." "i can't wait to see you either, ashton."

michael
in this world, there are many ways you could find out your soulmate. some people had a countdown timer until they met each other, some would only see in black and white until they spoke to their special someone, but you were positive you had the weirdest condition of all. at the end of each day, something that your soulmate said that day would etch itself on your arm, like it was a temporary tattoo. at first they were pretty normal sentences. things like, "can we have steak for dinner tonight?", "caramel frappuccino please" and, "it's so hot out today" then, they started getting a little bit more odd. " "volcano! don't come in!" "who threw ketchup in the pool?" "you be iceberg and i'll go down." not really something you want on your arm for a few hours. you tried to find some clues to figure out who this person was. since everyone has a different way of finding out their soulmate, yours didn't know they had to say their name in order for you to know. all you wanted was to know your soulmate so that you could spend as much time with them as you could. you felt like they were so close, yet so far away. as you get ready for bed, you're brushing your teeth when you see small black ink appear on your arm. the sentence for tonight. as you watch the words fade in, you almost choke on your toothpaste. the words you've been longing to see. "hi, i'm michael clifford."