158. mermaid/merman au

these are from various accounts on tumblr! enjoy :)

------

calum
The pleading from Calum's eyes never let his gaze on you as a pout had started to form on his lips. "No, Cal." You mumbled. "Come on Y/N why not." He whined growing inpatient by your constant rejections. He wanted to take a shower but not alone. "I'm not in the mood. Okay?" He let out a deep sigh. "This is the exact same thing you tell me each time I ask you. Why won't you shower with me? It's not like I haven't seen anything before." He winked letting his hand glide down your stomach making you sit up straight giving him a death glare. "Okay okay fine, I won't ask you about anything ever again." He pleaded raising his hands up in surrender. Removing himself from the bed by the elbows he went over to the bathroom opening the door. "If you need me you know where I'll be." He winked before disappearing into the bathroom making you let out a sigh of relief. Of course you wanted to tell him that you were not like other girls. But the fear of him leaving you would constant appear every time you wanted to tell him. Pulling you out of your thoughs, Calum yelled out a roar as he scooped you into his arms already caring you out to the bathroom against your will. You wriggled in his arms but he wouldn't budge, a giant wave of splash hitting him as you fell into the bath. He let out a small giggle as you looked at him in fear. "Cal. You gotta leave. Now." You said sternly but as you said it, your tail popped up from the edge of the bathtub, making you let out a groaning whine. Panting lightly you looked down at yourself before looking up at Ash. His face was undescribed, mouth slightly agape as his eyes were focused on the bronze tail replacing your legs. Taking a step back he got eye contact with you, seeing the plead in your eyes and the tears starting to well. Clearing his throat he ran a hand through his hair in confusion. "Surprise?" you laugh.

luke
merman!luke was late. He was late and he was so worried because it was almost sunset and he wasn't at the dock. He never missed a sunset with you, never. He swam as fast as he could through the water, cursing his father for making him stay late to do his chores. He wanted to see you so badly, it was the only thing that he looked forward to in the day, and he hated that he had to do it in secret. He wasn't allowed to see you because you were human, his father would never have allowed it, but when he saw you that day on the pier he knew he had to, because he had only seen true beauty like that in sea glass and angel fish. "im here!" he panted, his head popping up out of the water as he faced the dock where you sat. "finally," you smiled down him, leaning forward as your hands held onto the edge of the wood. "i thought you were going to miss it." luke scoffs as he swims closer, taking his usual spot by your feet, hanging onto the column of wood covered in algae that held up the dock. "miss a night with you? never." he smirks up at you.

ashton
"Hey, babe? Do you want to go to the beach today with the boys?" Ashton asks you. You look up from the TV at him hesitantly. "Um, okay. But I don't want to swim," you tell him. "Y/n you never want to swim, why? Are you afraid or something because I'm here to protect you." he says to you sweetly. "It's nothing, Ash. Don't worry about it," you smile then get up to get ready. While at the beach you're laying down on your towel in the sand, eyes closed. Calum had a genius idea to splash water on you. He grabs a bucket, gestures Michael and Luke to follow him. Ashton just watching on the sidelines not knowing what to do. Calum dumps the bucket of water on to you. You scream, and jump up running to the water and diving in. "Y/N!!" Ashton calls running after you diving into the water as well. The three other boys on the beach laughing and then continue to play their game of football. "Y/N!? Y/N!" Ashton yells trying to find you in the water. You are watching from underneath him hesitant about showing him the real you. You decided to show yourself. You surface your head in front of him, "Hi Ashton." He grabs you in for a hug not noticing your tail at first but your long tail brushed up against his legs causing Ashton to jump. "What was that?" Ashton asks letting go of the hug you two shared. Ashton looks down into the clear water, seeing your tail he looks at it in disbelief. "Ashton? I wanted to tell you but I was afraid of what you were gonna say." "You're a mermaid? Since when? Are you using you're majestical powers to make me fall in love with you because I think it's working," he smiles giving you a small kiss. You smile back at him, take his hand and swim around showing him the beauty of the sea. "Y/n, I have one question." "What is it?" "How do you shower?"

michael
okay but merman!michael would be unusually bronzed from the amount of time he spent on the surface, swimming to the shore and hiding under docks to hear the local chatter of humans above him and the creaks from the old boards of wood they padded across, but a faint strum along several strings would capture his attention as would the melodious voice that harmonized with it and her be so mesmerized by the sound and clink of coins that he'd realize he spent the entire day listening to this mysterious human sing something so sweet and soft that seemed rich on his tongue - despite the bitter taste of the surface world, his hair turning from the dirty blonde color he gets when he's happy, to a blush pink to match his rosy cheeks after realizing he was falling in love; he found himself coming back every day in secrecy, hoping to hear your voice and the strings again and again.