67. taking the baby home

these are from various accounts on tumblr!

---

calum
"I can't wait for you to grow up so I can teach you how to play soccer and how to flirt. You're gonna be quite the ladies man, aren't ya, buddy?" Calum whispers to your newborn son. As he's talking, you begin to stir awake, sighing when you realize nothing's wrong, he's just having a conversation with your baby. "Calum, be quiet. I'm trying to get some rest after laying in a hospital bed for two days." You mumble and open your eyes to see him holding your baby boy in his arms, rocking him back and forth. "He woke up, so I wanted to rock him to sleep." Calum tells you, smiling down at the miracle in his arms. "Alright, but don't keep him up all night talking. Let him sleep." You say, rolling over in your bed. You realized how cute Calum's words were and smiled into the pillow. "You're already the best dad in the world, you know that?" You ask, closing your eyes once again. "And you're already the grouchiest mom in the world." He chuckled. "Hey, i'm not grouchy." You huffed. "You're being grouchy now." "Shut up." You tell him before falling back to sleep.

luke
It was 4 in the morning and you had only been sleeping for around a half an hour when you heard the cries coming through the baby monitor once again. You sat up and groaned a bit. "Shh, babe. Lay back down. I'll get her." your husband, Luke says to you. You are quick to obey being as tired as you were after giving birth to your daughter, Penelope. This was your first night at home with her, and you knew the first few months were going to be rough when it came to sleep but you didn't know it would be this bad. She could barely sleep an hour at a time. You were lucky to have Luke with you and supporting you, though. "Y/n, I know you're tired sweetheart but she's wide awake and I'm not sure how to get her back to sleep.", Luke whispers to you. You sit up again and reach out for your baby. "It's okay Luke. She did take a long nap this afternoon." You start rocking your baby girl in your arms with Luke beside you watching. "She's so beautiful, isn't she? Just like her mommy." Luke smiles. You smile up at him and look back down at her. "Yeah she is. Our little creation. She really isn't tired though. Maybe you could sing her a little something?" you ask him. "Hmm, okay. What should it be? Oh, I got it." Luke says as you hand the little girl back to him. He starts rocking her like you were and sings Superman by Joe Brooks. You leaned against Luke watching your baby as she starts fluttering her eyes and drift off to sleep as did you.

ashton
"Mum said something about her and Lauren had been here on a visit to make sure everything was okay and filled the fridge with fresh food." Ash chuckled as he had opened the door to your house, him holding your twin daughter and you holding your twin son. "Sounds nice, could use some good lunch." You chuckled, walking in and noticing a basket on the coffee table. "They left us some other goodies too. Some food, pacifiers for the babies and an envelope." You say, watching him as he approached you and took the envelope. He took a seat on the couch as he started opening it and taking out the content. He took out a pile of old pictures collected with a small note attached on the top. "You might wanna see what we found in the attic – The Irwin family." "It's pictures from our childhood." Ashton smiled as he went through the pictures, seeing you guys together on a playground, at the park or even at one of your living rooms. Hand hand stopped when he came to one of the two of you all dressed up, ready for prom. "It took me so much courage to ask you out. I practiced in front of my mirror for weeks," He chuckled, his fingers running over the smooth picture. "Remember what I said at the start of your pregnancy?" Shaking your head, you look at him. "That I couldn't imagine experiencing this with anyone else than you. And that was true. Even at that age, I knew." Your cheeks started to blush just exactly like they had done when Ashton had asked you out that many years ago at prom. You were about to say something but the sound from one of the baby carriages made both your heads move towards the sound. "Oh, we can't have her waking her brother up." Ash chuckled before reaching out to take her out of her baby chair, embracing her in his arms and kissing the top of her head. "Going from having you as my prom date, to my wife and now the mother of my children. What a fairytale life I'm living in, huh?" Ashton said with a warm smile as he looked over at you lovingly, watching you as you caressed your son's cheek while he was sleeping. Ashton's favorite view from now on that would always be printed in his mind from now on.

michael
It may have been yours and Michael's first night home with your baby girl, but he couldn't have felt more at ease. Like having his little girl held securely in his grasp was something he'd always been meant to do. Like this was what his whole life had prepared him for. As he soothingly bounced his baby girl in his strong arms, his eyes fell to the place where you lay. Curled into a ball beneath a spare blanket, your lips resting in a tranquil smile. The sight caused Michael to grin softly to himself. Gaze shifting from you to the little bundle of joy wrapped in his arms he felt an overwhelming sense of pride. He wondered if he'd ever get used to this feeling of insane happiness nearly taking his breath away every time he looked into his little girls shining eyes. Her tiny newborn body was wrapped snugly in the soft pink baby blanket. He can't help but compare her tiny digits to his own, amazed by the miracle he's holding in his very arms. A cry slowly bubbles in her chest when she starts to fuss, and he quickly begins bouncing around the living room. Setting a steady rhythm of rocking her back and forth. "Shhh, don' cry, angel. Dada's here," he cooed, his voice hushed and soothing as he placed tender kisses to her petite hands, "Dada's got ya." Shifting her carefully he tiptoed his way out of the room, and down the hall to her nursery. He hummed softly to her, reassuring her with every step that he'd spend the rest of his life showering her with love. He promised to be the best Dad that he knew how, talking endlessly until eventually her eyelids drifted to a close. Standing over her crib, he looks down upon his life's greatest gift, when he feels your arms wrap loosely around his torso. With a satisfied smile he loops one arm around your shoulders pulling you in close. "She's perfect, isn't she," you murmured, resting your own eyes upon her sleeping face. He nodded in agreement, sweetly kissing the top of your head while silently thanking both of his girls for making his life complete.