109. new years kiss

calum
"well hello there." a familiar voice says. you turn around in the kitchen, seeing your best friend calum, and crush, walking up to you. "hi," you smiled as you leaned your back against the counter. "found someone to kiss yet? it's getting close to midnight." you ask, sipping on your drink. "nah, not yet," he says, looking around at all of the people in the house. "have you?" "really?" you laugh, "if you haven't found a new years kiss, then i certainly haven't." you tell him. "why do you say it like that?" calum chuckles. "because you're the calum hood." you giggle, tilting your head and looking at him. "well what would you say if the calum hood wanted to kiss the y/n?" he raises his eyebrows. you stare at him, slightly taken aback. you hadn't told anyone about your feelings for him, but certainly didn't want to pass up a chance to kiss him. however, you were unsure whether the kiss was just between friends, or if it was something more. "10! 9! 8!" the partygoers begin counting. "better decide quick." calum mumbles, stepping closer with his eyes fixated on your lips. "3! 2! 1!" you put your hand on the back of his neck, pulling his lips on yours. the kiss was epic. more than you'd hoped for. it was also the beginning of a new relationship with your best friend.

luke
you stood outside of the crowded house, watching the full moon above you as you leaned against the iron railing that wrapped around the house. "there you are, gorgeous," your boyfriend smiles, coming up to you. you smile and wrap an arm around his waist, your hand landing on his back. his hands find your hips as he tilts his head. "why are you out here?" he asks, looking around the empty porch. "i needed some air. it was getting hot with everyone in there." you tell him, large parties not being too much of your scene. you'd much rather just hang out with luke. "it's almost midnight." he says, playing with a strand of your hair. from outside, you could hear everyone else counting down as they watch the ball drop. "5, 4, 3," luke counts, licking his lips. "2, 1." you say, finishing the countdown. he grabs ahold of your jaw, tilting your head upwards so that he could place his lips on yours. you smile into the kiss ringing in the new year. you pull away, hearing the cheers and hollers from inside. "happy new year, baby." you tell him. "happy new year, y/n."

ashton
being an avid traveler, ashton surprised you with plane tickets to new york city for christmas, telling you that you two fly out the next day. it was a short vacation, just until new years night. you spent your weekend exploring the city together, trying new food and admiring the different cultures around you. now it was 2 minutes until 2021, and you and ashton were watching the ball drop from the balcony on your hotel room. it overlooked the huge crowd of people and stage where you just watched ariana grande, justin bieber, lil nas x and a few other celebrities perform. "this trip is amazing, ashton! thank you." you smile, wrapping your arms around him and resting your chin on his chest, looking up at him. "i'm so glad i can spend it with you, y/n." he tells you, smiling back. "there goes the ball! 10, 9, 8..." the announcer begins the countdown. you count with everyone and reach 1, putting your hands on ashton's cheeks and pulling him closer. your lips find his, smiling into the kiss. "happy new year!" the crowd below you cheers.

michael
you and michael were enjoying the new years party you are hosting at his airbnb with all of your friends. you two have spent the night mingling and making out. soon enough, it was five minutes to midnight. "let's go this way." michael says, guiding you outside to look up at the starry sky. you were a bit confused as to why he didn't want to stay inside with the rest of your friends, but you weren't complaining because you were with michael, and that's all you needed. "i'm just really happy that I get to end 2020 with you and start 2021 with you. you are so beautiful and i love your nose a lot. it's really cute, you know?" he poked you nose and you laughed at him, his drunken words making you smile. a few moments later you could hear everyone inside counting down. you looked over at michael as he grabbed onto you and leaned closer. "3, 2, 1." his lips attach to yours, moving in sync under the moonlight.  "happy new year!" he yells, throwing his fist up in the air.