102. college au

calum
climbing up the rusty side staircase of your dorm building with your bag of mcdonald's in hand, you pause as you see that someone else has taken your spot on the balcony. "oh, hi." you say, looking at the curly haired boy hugging his knees. he moves to look at you, replies with a nonchalant "hi", then turns his attention back to the night sky. "uh, i didn't know anyone else came up here." you say, taking a few steps toward him. "i don't do it often, but i love watching the stars." he says, not taking his eyes off of the sky. "yeah, me too. i come out here almost every night." you tell him. "well by all means," the boy scoots over, giving you some room to sit down beside him. hesitant at first, you decide to sit down, placing your bag of food in front of you. "want some fries?" you ask. "sure." he chuckles as you pull out the container. "i'm y/n, by the way." you smile, placing the french fries between you. "calum." he replies, sticking two fries in his mouth. you two stay on the roof of your building for hours, talking about college life and pointing out constellations. "woah! did you see that shooting star?" you ask, your eyes lighting up as the white line of light passes through the sky. "yeah," calum smiles at your excitement. "if you keep your eyes around saturn, you'll likely see some more." "which one is saturn?" you ask, looking around at the stars. calum reaches out, placing his hand on your chin and gently moving your face to the direction of the planet. "there." you tingle at his touch, blushing slightly. you continue to stargaze for a few more minutes until you realize it was 2am and you had an 8am class in a few hours. however, you made sure to meet calum up on the roof again.

luke
"is this blanket taken?" you hear a familiar voice ask. looking up from your laptop, you see your boyfriend luke smiling down at you. "yeah actually it is," you tell him. "i'm waiting for a really hot guy to come join me." you smile, squinting your eyes at the sun. "i think i'm your guy." he chuckles, setting his book bag on the grass and taking a seat beside you. you giggle and move your textbook closer to you so he has enough room. "what are we studying for today?" he asks, putting his fingers in the book and closing it to see the cover. "psychology." you sigh, the amount of reading you've done this afternoon taking a toll on you. "you have it with professor burns, right?" luke asks and you nod, taking a sip of your iced coffee from the campus coffee shop. "yikes. he's a tough one." "yeah, no kidding." you roll your eyes. "i can help you study?" your boyfriend offers, making you laugh. "remember what happened last time you wanted to help me study? we didn't get a whole lot of studying done." you giggle, recalling you and luke making out on his bed. "you're right," he chuckles. "i'm sure you'll do great though. you're super smart and i'm really proud of you." he smiles at you. "aw, thank you babe." you smile, leaning in to give him a kiss.

ashton
you hear groans from inside the art studio as you walk in, looking around for where the noises are coming from. you see a curly haired boy hunched over, frantically looking through his backpack. "uh, you okay over there?" you raise an eyebrow at him, setting your bag down on the other end of the table. he looks up, finally revealing his face, and sighs. "i think i left my paint brushes back in my dorm, but i live halfway across campus." you recognize him as senior art major ashton irwin. you were a junior, a year below him, but his work was quite popular on campus. no matter the art exhibit, banquet hall or project presentation, his work was hung on the wall. "you can just use mine." you tell him, taking out your art supplies. "are you sure?" he asks, walking over. "of course. i'm working on my still life drawing so i won't be needing them." you smile. he smiles back, taking the brushes and walking back to his station. both of you stay in the studio for a couple hours, working on your pieces. ashton was alot of fun to talk to, and it was interesting to see what he himself was like instead of just examining his artwork. "we should hang out some time. you're pretty cool." he smiles at you. and you did. a few weeks later, you showed up to an art gallery that his new collection was featured in. he didn't let you see the paintings he was going to be bringing because he wanted it to be a surprise, and now you understood why. they were all of you, from different angles and in different media. "ash... these are beautiful." you say, in awe of his talent. "not as beautiful as the person they're of."

michael
you sigh, moving your notebook off of your lap and looking at your boyfriend playing call of duty. "i'm bored." you tell him. "you mean studying isn't fun?" michael jokes, not taking his eyes off of the tv. "finance isn't. i should have majored in video game design like you," you pout. "you never have to study or do any homework." "babe, i'm studying right now! i'm learning alot about how video games work. can't you see?" he asks, making you laugh and shake your head. you slide off of his bed, leaving all of your books behind as you walk over to michael, sitting beside him in his extra bean bag. "i'm still bored." you tell him, looking at him longingly. "wanna play this game with me?" he asks, his eyes still not moving from the tv screen. "no, i kind of had something else in mind..." you say, tracing your finger along the hem of his jeans. you see this catches his attention as his eyes grow wider and his gaze flickers from the game to you. "but babe, i'm studying." michael tells you, continuing to click buttons on his controller. you get up from your chair and sit down in michael's, straddling his waist. "now are you still studying?" you raise an eyebrow. he bites his lip and leans over, trying to see the tv past you. "mhm." you roll your eyes and take off your tshirt, knowing that would get his full attention. his eyes immediately land on your chest and he tosses the controller to the side. "i guess i can study later."