8. he teaches you how to play his instrument

calum
"i could teach you how to play, you know." you hear. you turn your head and see calum leaning against the doorframe with a slight smirk on his face as he admires his gorgeous girlfriend. you sat on the bed with calum's bass in your hands. you had played a little bit of guitar when you were a kid so you wanted to see if you could play this too. it was turning out to be a little harder than you expected. "okay." you smile at your boyfriend. he smiles and walks over, sitting on his knees in front of you. "okay, bring this hand up a little bit more..." he tells you, moving your left hand up the neck of the bass. "and then put your fingers on these strings." he points to 2 strings and you press your fingers against them. "now strum." you do as he says and the bass makes a deep sound. "now put a finger on this one too." he smiles, pointing to another string. you press another finger to that string and strum again. "wow, what a natural." calum chuckles, looking at you. "want to learn some chords?" he asks and you nod. he starts telling you about the basic chords and the ones that he usually plays. as he talks, you catch yourself staring at his mouth, watching his plump, pink lips move up and down. "y/n," calum laughs, realizing you zoned out. "huh?" you ask. he stands up, taking his bass and putting it on the floor. "i think you can learn the bass later." he smirks, pushing you down on the bed and crawling on top of you. you giggle and wrap your arms around his neck, connecting your lips with his.

luke
you listened with your head on his shoulder as luke played his guitar, humming softly and singing every now and then. you loved to hear him play, but you really wished you could play an instrument yourself. "luke?" "yeah?" he asks, stopping his playing and looking down at you. "could you teach me how to play?" you lift your head up and turn so your whole body is facing him. "yeah!" he says, getting excited as he sets his guitar down in your lap. this was the first time that he got to teach someone how to play. "i wanna learn one of your songs." you smile at him. "ooh okay." he says and tries to think of an easy one that he could teach you. luke begins explaining to you the chords of long way home and where to place to your fingers on the guitar. the beginning of the acoustic version was fairly easy since it went slow and repeated itself. "there you go!" luke smiles as he listens to you play what he taught you. "my cute little guitarist." he says, making you giggle. "you're the cute one." you tell your boyfriend, kissing his lips gently.

ashton
"ashton!" you yell over his loud drumming. he liked to practice playing the drums every one in a while so he wouldn't get rusty, but they were so loud that you couldn't concentrate on your new book. "oh hey babe." he smiles at you. "don't 'hey babe' me. i'm trying to read." you tell him, holding up your book. "oops," he giggles which makes you smile. even if you were annoyed with him, he was adorable. "come here." he says. "why?" you ask, setting your book down and walking over to him. he puts his hands on your waist and turns you around, guiding your hips to sit on the stool in front of him. "what are you doing?" you giggle, turning your head to look at him. "teaching you how to play." he smiles, putting the drumsticks in your hands. he puts his hands on top of yours and starts drumming slowly. you smile, feeling his chest against your back and his chin on your shoulder. "wanna go faster?" he asks. you nod and he begins moving your hands rapidly, hitting every drum. you laugh as ashton does all the work, creating an awesome sounding beat. "you're almost as good as me." he tells you, setting the sticks down once he's finished. you turn around so you're straddle your boyfriend and wrap your arms around his neck. "i think you're the best drummer in the world." you tell him, smiling. "definitely not," he laughs. "but i hope to be someday." he says and kisses you softly.

michael
"babe babe babe!" michael says, poking your thigh repeatedly. "what is it?" you laugh. "can i teach you how to play guitar?" he asks. "hm," you think. you didn't know how to play any instrument, but had always wanted to learn. "sure." you tell him. "yes!" he smiles and pulls you up off the couch, basically running to the music room. he sits down in a chair and pats his lap. "sit." you do as michael says and sit with your back to him. "anything specific you wanna learn?" he asks, holding up the guitar. "nope. you're the one who asked me to play, remember?" you laugh. "oh yeah," he smiles. "well i could teach you my solo part in disconnected." you gasp. "yes!" you agree since disconnected was one of your throwback favorites. michael tells you how to play, which strings to press on and how to strum them. even though it was difficult, you had a lot of fun with your boyfriend as your teacher. "can we take a break? i'm hungry." you ask. "yeah. you're getting there." he says, setting the guitar aside. "why'd you wanna teach me how to play so bad, anyways?" you laugh, standing up from the chair. "oh," he smirks. "i saw a post that said 'when your girl sits in your lap as you teach her how to play and you accidentally get a boner'." he says. "michael!" you laugh, hitting his shoulder playfully. "you were just trying to get me to turn you on?" "well," he looks down at his crotch. "i think it worked."