172. polyamorous relationship

this was a request! if you have a request, just comment & i'll get it up asap :)

———

you cross your arms and walk from the kitchen into the living room as the boys come in through the door. they were loud as always, just happy to be home after a long day of writing and recording at the studio. however, it was saturday and while they had promised to keep their weekends free so they would have time for you, they had been at the studio every weekend for the past month. normally it wouldn't bother you. you know they have tons of work to do and want to put every ounce of passion into 5sos5.

but you had recently began a new situation with your four best friends. living and touring with them, coming all the way from the little stages in sydney to the celebrity life in los angeles, it's had it's ups and downs. however, the guys had been through that with you. you all faced everything together, bringing you closer together and bonded for life. that's when the guys started noticing their attraction towards you, and you realized that you had fallen from them as well. not just one, but all.

the guys have spent almost every day for the past ten years together, becoming as close as best friends could ever get. they had lice in their hearts for each other too. so, you all decided to join in on a polyamorous relationship. since it was a new sort of situation, you all set some ground rules.

1. no secrets between anyone

2. if one person wants to break up, you all break up

3. show the same amount of effort into the relationship as their music

in the beginning, the relationship started out great. you didn't think it was possible to be as in love and happy as you all were. the band was doing amazing and you all were thriving. but now with late studio nights and early photoshoot mornings becoming a regular occurrence again, you've noticed the boys backing away from you and the relationship.

"hey y/n, how was your day?" calum smiles, walking up and kissing your cheek.

"we missed you, babe." ashton tells you.

you don't reply as they walk past you, into the kitchen, looking for some late dinner that they could eat. you stand there, arms crossed waiting for them to notice your disposition.

"how long does pasta take to cook?" luke asks, rustling through the cabinets.

"just stick it in the microwave for a while," michael replies, pouring himself a glass of juice. "anyone else some? y/n?"

you shake your head no in response and lean against the kitchen island.

"you okay, babe?" calum asks you, reaching his hand out and rubbing your arm gently.

"i thought we decided how this was going to work." you sigh, which seemed to grab all of their attention.

"do you mean the pasta?"

"no, luke it's not about the pasta! forget about the pasta." you try to keep your composure but end up raising your voice a bit.

"what's going on, hon?" ashton asks, wanting to uncover what's on your mind.

"you guys leave early and come home late and i'm stuck here all day with the dogs doing nothing and i feel like i never see you anymore. i mean you promised to make time for this relationship but it's not happening!" you tell him.

"well we can't just not go to work. we're a band, we need to make our music." michael says.

"i know, and i feel bad for telling you to pay less attention to your careers and more to me, but this has been going on for weeks and weeks. i don't feel like a priority at all." you admit. it was unusual for you to spill all of your problems like this, but you truly wanted to give this relationship a shot, so you had to be honest.

"you're right," calum nods. "we haven't been spending as much time as we used to, or as we should with you."

"i'm so sorry, baby girl. we can try harder, right boys?" ashton agrees, looking to the others.

"yeah of course. we love you." luke smiles softly, setting down the box of pasta and wrapping his arms around you.

"oh okay, you're squishing me." you tell him.

"group hug!" michael yells and tackles luke with a hug. you almost fall over until calum and ashton join, creating a huge lump of wobbly lovers.

"i love you guys, too." you giggle.