27. "you lied to me."

calum
"i can explain." calum says, putting out the cigarette he just had between his lips. "calum, you told me that you stopped smoking." you cross your arms, raising your eyebrows at him. "well, I technically did... for that day." he says. you sigh at him. "so you lied to me." you nod. he stands up out of the chair and leans against the balcony railing. "i'm sorry, y/n. i just need to de-stress every once in a while." you frown at him, walking over and joining him at the railing. you rub your hand up and down his back comfortingly. "cal, i know, but there are healthier ways." you tell him. he looks at you. "like...?" "like making out with your girlfriend?" you smile at him. calum chuckles and looks down, grateful that you couldn't stay mad at him for long. he bites his lip, looking back up at you. "okay, let's go then." he smirks. you giggle, walking back inside to help calum de-stress in your own way.

luke
"luke, you lied to me!" you yelled at him, throwing your phone at your boyfriend sitting on the couch. he looks at you confused then sees the photo pulled up on your phone. someone took a photo of him and a girl kissing in a club. "okay wait. no, this isn't what it looks like, I promise." he says, looking at you with wide eyes. you roll your eyes. "literally everyone says that." "really! she came onto me! right after she kissed me, I pushed her off." he tells you. "then why'd you lie and say nothing happened?" you question him. "i didn't want you to think i cheated on you, y/n. i love you so much, and i'd never hurt you. promise." luke says, standing up and taking your hands in his. you sigh and look from his desperate eyes to your phone. in the photo, he did look caught off guard by the kiss, and maybe his hands on her waist was him pushing her off. "okay," you nod, looking back to your boyfriend. "i believe you." luke smiles and hugs you. "i love you, baby." he says. "i love you too, luke." you smile.

ashton
"well?" you ask ashton as he tries to come up with an excuse to why he was home when he was suppose to be out with his mum. "um..." he bites his lip. "you told me you'd be gone all day, ash, so why are you here?" you ask, confused. "why are you here?" he questions back. "I left my charger here yesterday. now what's your reason?" ashton sighs and looks to the ground. "okay, my mum isn't coming." he admits. "is she coming tomorrow?" "no, she's not coming at all. she never was. me and you have just been hanging out so much lately, i needed a day for myself." he explains. "you didn't want to hang out so you lied to me." you nod, crossing your arms. "babe, i didn't want to hurt your feelings." he says, putting his hands on your hips. "lying to me is way worse than just coming clean and saying you don't like spending time with me!" "you're my girlfriend, y/n. of course i like spending time with you," ashton tells you, brushing a piece of hair from your face. "but i like spending time with myself too, and i promise i'll be honest about everything in the future." you sigh and nod. "okay. i'll see you later." "why?" "you wanted time alone, duh." "yeah... i did until i realized how boring i am." ashton says, making you giggle. "stay with me?" he asks. "sure." you smile.

michael
"you never loved me. you just lied to me." you look at your boyfriend, tears forming in your eyes. michael just told you that the only reason he asked you out was for a bet, and you've never felt more stupid and betrayed. "no, baby, don't say that," michael says, grabbing your hand. "i'll be honest, i didn't at first, but the more i spent time with you, the more i fell for you." he says. you roll your eyes at him. "you're just feeding me more lies." he cups your face with both hands and looks into your eyes. "y/n, why would i lie about being in love with you?" you realize that if he didn't truly have feelings for you now, he wouldn't want you to stay or probably even care about your feelings. "do you believe me?" he asks. you sniff and nod, looking at him. "i believe you." he lets out a relieved sigh and smiles. "good." you smile and kiss him softly. "but who's idea was it to make a bet because I'm about to kick their butt."