171. interviews

calum
"please welcome y/n and calum hood!" james corden announces as you and your husband walk out on stage. you smile and wave to the clapping crowd as you take a seat, smoothing out your red dress. "how is the happy couple tonight?" james asks, leaning against his desk. "we're great, how about you?" you ask. "fantastic and super excited to have you guys on the show tonight! i'm sure everyone is interested in tuning in now that you two are married!" you smile and look over at calum as he intertwines his fingers with yours. "yeah, we're super happy. i'm so glad i got to her before any other the other band members did." calum chuckles. "is that how you two met? you were friends with the band?" james asks. "yeah, we all knew each other in high school and after they moved to the US for the band, i moved as well for my acting career and fate brought us back together." you nod. "calum were you surprised to see y/n in america?" "oh yeah definitely. i remember me and ashton were coming out of a coffee shop and she walked by and i took a double take and nearly dropped my latte." he laughs. "i talked to him and ashton for hours that day, then started hanging out with the band more, fell in love with this one and now here we are." you smile at the love of your life. "and i know the wedding was big news in the media, but i was told you guys have some other news to share tonight as well?" james asks, reading over his prompt cards. "yeah we do." you look nervously at your husband, placing a hand on your stomach. "we're pregnant." calum smiles, making james gasp and the audience go crazy. "no way!" you laugh and nod. "yep, we are." "just when we thought it couldn't get any better, the famous y/n hood is pregnant!" james says into the camera. "stay with us to hear more about this baby and see these two perform a song together! we'll be right back."

luke
"alright, come on luke." you say, gesturing for the tall boy to follow you into a dressing room. being a stylist for jimmy fallon's talk show led you to meet tons of celebrities you grew up watching on television, but this was by far yo ur favorite moment. 5 seconds of summer was your favorite band and now you get to help pick out an outfit for your favorite member. "so, what look are we going for? anything in particular?" you ask, walking into the huge walk in closet. "i'm thinking eccentric cowboy." luke smirks, making you laugh. "alright, let's see what we've got." you search through your inventory and pull out a red button down shirt, faux leather pants and silver sparkly boots. "what do you think about this outfit?" you ask, holding up the shirt to his chest to see how it would look against his skin. "i think you'd look amazing." you admit, proud of your abilities. "i think you're great at your job." he chuckles, taking the clothes. "thanks," you smile, your eye contact lingering for a few moments. "i'll step out so you can get dressed. come get me when you're ready and we can do your hair." you say, walking out of the room and shutting the door behind you. you patiently wait until you hear a thud from inside the room. "uh, luke? you doing okay in there?" you ask through the door. "no," he groans. "can you help me?" you slowly open the door and walk in to find him on the ground, shirt unbuttoned as he tries to stuff his foot into the boot. "what are you doing?" you laugh. "i think i need a bigger size." he pouts, dropping his hands to his sides. "that's fine, i have more." you giggle, grabbing a new pair of shoes and giving them to him. "i can't believe i embarrassed myself in front of you." he mutters, slipping the new pair on his feet. "better me than on stage in front of national television." you shrug. "but national television isn't a pretty girl i wanted to ask out." he says, standing up. his words take you aback. "wait, you want to ask me out?" you blush. "if you're interested." luke smiles softly, buttoning his shirt. "i'd love to," you smile wide. "but please let me do that. your putting your buttons through the wrong holes."

ashton
you walked around backstage of the tonight show, looking for the craft services table. long hours of getting hair, makeup and wardrobe done had caused you to work up an appetite. as you round a corner, you suddenly bump into someone who was heading your way. "oh!" you say, colliding into the man and making him drop his plate of crackers and cheese. "i'm so sorry, are you alright?" he asks. "you're sorry? i just made you drop your food." you sigh, feeling terrible about what you've done. you bend down to clean the mess but the man stop you. "i'm sure they have a crew that will clean that up." he chuckles. "they have enough to do. plus, i made the mess." you insist, carefully picking the dirty food off of the floor and then throwing it away in a nearby trashcan. "where did you find those? i've been looking for the snacks." you tell him. "i'll show you. i have to get more anyway." he smirks playfully, turning around and walking to the food and beverages. you wash your hands at the sink before grabbing a few pieces of fruit and a croissant. "wow, i didn't expect so many options." you say. "have you never been backstage before?" your new friend laughs, loading more crackers on his plate. "no, actually. this is my first interview. i just booked a role on a big movie and it's kind of my big break." you explain. "ah, gotcha. what's the movie?" "the forever purge." "no way!" he exclaims. "i love those movies. i'll definitely have to watch for you." he smiles. "and why are you here?" you ask, munching on a piece of watermelon. "i'm in a band called 5 seconds of summer?" "oh yeah, my little sister loves you guys!" you nod, familiar with a few of his songs. interrupting your talk, a woman comes over the speaker, calling you to go to the tech room to get a mic. "i better go. thanks for your help." you start walking off. "wait, i didn't catch your name!" he tells you. "y/n." you smile, as does he. "well it was a pleasure talking to you, y/n. i'm ashton."

michael
"welcome back to the dates & hates podcast, it's your host y/n and today we have an amazing guest for you, want to introduce yourselves, guys?" you smile as you speak into the microphone. "hey, we're five seconds of summer." ashton says into his own mic. being a youtuber was your dream job, and it has led you to many other avenues, including podcasting. it was basically the same as youtube, just without the video. on your podcast, you bring in special guests and celebrities and talk about their lives, likes and dislikes, and the juicy stuff like their relationship statuses. you had been a fan of 5sos ever since they started in 2011, and you were trying to keep your cool during this podcast episode, especially since your celebrity crush michael clifford was sitting four feet away from you. for an hour, you talk to the guys while sharing some stories and some laughs. they were so chill it felt like you were just talking to your old friends. "thanks so much for listening to this episode! as always, stay saucy and we'll see you next week." you finally end the recording. "that was so fun." michael chuckles as he takes off his headphones. "yeah, thanks so much for having us." luke nods. "no, thank you guys for joining me! this was awesome." you smile. as you walk them out of your studio, you talk to michael just a little bit more. "i'd love to come back for another episode, and maybe a dinner date?" he proposes. "oh wow," you blush. "i mean only if you're interested of course." he quickly adds on. "i think i could squeeze you in on my calendar one night." you giggle and make him laugh. "great, i'll call you." he says, rubbing your arm then walking out with the boys. you take a deep breath and let it out once they exited the building. "michael clifford just asked me out," you mumble to yourself. "i think i might throw up."