183. "friends? i don't think so."

calum
he gently brushes your hair behind your ear, watching from above as you lay asleep on his lap. the bright light from the silent tv illuminates the otherwise pitch black living room where you started your movie marathon. two and a half movies later, it was 3am and you couldn't keep your eyes open any longer. cuddling and movie marathons were common with calum, your best friend, but all of the other boys knew it was something more. they could see the love and admiration in both of your eyes. how you would laugh with each other. how you understand one another better than any one else. those movie nights were just an excuse to be close like you both wanted, but never admitted. so when ashton comes in after an extra long night at the studio and sees you asleep on calum's lap, he chuckles. "what?" cal whispers, careful not to wake you. "when are you and y/n gonna finally get together?" ash asks, making his friend roll his eyes and repeat the lie he's told too many times, "we're just friends." "friends?" ashton scoffs. "i don't think so."

luke
"luke!" your voice strains as you throw your head back and close your eyes. your hands rake over his body that lay under you. he groans and pushes his hips against yours before you sigh and lay beside him, panting heavily. "damn." luke swallows hard, trying to catching his breath. you pull the blankets over both of your bare bodies and turn to face him, laughing softly. "i know." you say, cuddling into his chest as he pulls you closer into him. you two lay in silence for a few minutes, coming down from your highs and listening to each other's breath. "y/n?" luke whispers, careful to keep his voice quiet in case you had fallen asleep. but you weren't so you replied with a soft, "hm?" you move your head to look at him after he didn't say anything after a few seconds. he looked nervous but responds, "what are we?" the question you dreaded but knew would come. you and luke agreed to a friends with benefits situation but he had obviously caught feelings for you. you felt something for him too, but didn't do relationships, so you lie. "we're friends." you tell him. "friends?" luke raises his eyebrows. "i don't think so, and i know you don't either."

ashton
michael says it to y'all when ur laughing together

michael
bffs but ur in love w him