4. you act like you hate each other

calum
you sat on the leather couch with your legs crossed, drinking out of your red solo cup and listening to the boys play party games. calum had thrown another one of his infamous parties that everyone just had to go to. because you couldn't stand calum, you usually wouldn't go, but this party was actually a birthday party. it's just your luck that your best friend ashton would also be best friends with calum. "what should we play now?" luke, a friend of ashton asks. "i'm up for truth or dare!" calum smirks, taking a sip of his alcohol. "aw no, I hate truth or dare!" luke whines. "oh come on lucas, don't be pussy." calum chuckles. "that's ironic." you mumble into your cup as you sip your drink. "what was that?" he asks, raising his eyebrows at you. "oh, nothing." you smile innocently back at him. "alright then, calum," ashton says, sitting up in his seat. truth or dare?" "dare." calum replies matter-of-factly. you watch as michael leans down and whispers something in ashton's ear, making him gasp. "okay okay," he laughs. "I dare you to play 7 minutes in heaven with y/n." ashton smirks. calum looks up at you as your eyes widen, looking back at him. "oh come on, calum. don't be a pussy!" luke nudges his leg with his, laughing. "fine." calum says, standing up. "you coming or are you too scared?" he asks you. not wanting to seem like a chicken, you sigh and get up. if you were being honest, being in a small, dark closet with a tall, tan and muscular guy sounded sexy. but why did it have to be calum? he knows exactly how to push your buttons and make your blood boil. "your 7 minutes start now!" ashton says, closing the door after you and calum both enter the closet. you lean your back against the wall and sigh, crossing your arms. "let's just get this over with." you say. "gladly." calum replies. you thought you heard a smirk in his voice but you were unsure because you two were in the dark. your question was answered when you felt a hand snake around your way and pull you closer to the boy in the front of you. calum pressed his lips to yours, taking you by surprise. you wanted to push him away. everything in your head was telling you to not give in, but your heart was telling you different. you kissed him back, running your hands up his biceps and stopping them once they reached the back of his neck. after a couple of minutes of a hot make out session with calum, he pulls away. you breath heavily, not knowing what to say. "I knew you liked me." he said, making you scoff. "you wish." you say with a smile.

luke
"I'm gonna go get a water." you tell your best friend as you walk out of her room, down the stairs and into her kitchen. you open the fridge and grab a bottle of cold water, but you weren't expecting to see a face on the other side of the refrigerator door as you closed it. "ahhh! luke!" you scream, dropping your water bottle to ground. he starts to laugh but the chuckles were soon replaced with groans as the water bottle lands on his toe. "ow!" luke scrunches his face up in pain. "that's what you get for scaring me!" you roll your eyes him and pick up the bottle from the floor. saying you couldn't stand your best friends brother was an understatement. every time you came over to her house, he just had to torment you. he found new ways to get under your skin all the time, which honestly made you feel bad. you liked the attention from the older boy, but you weren't anything special to him, just a girl he likes to annoy. that's why you hide your feelings for luke with annoyance which he makes fairly easy to do considering he does stuff like this all the time. "at least kiss it and make it better?" he asks, smirking at you. you roll your eyes again and push past him to go back upstairs. but before you could walk too far away, luke grabs your arm and pulls you back to him. the two of you were standing right up against each other as he looked down at your lips. you look at him with wide eyes, not knowing what to do. you close your eyes as he slowly leans in and presses his lips against yours. you kiss him back, but it was short. slightly longer than a peck, leaving you wanting more. you eyes flutter open and you look at your best friends older brother. "you have no idea how long I've been waiting to do that." he smiles.

ashton
"your best friend is here!" you yell, walking into calum's house. you walk into the living room but see no one there. "actually, that would be me." you hear from the kitchen. you look up to find ashton standing in the doorway. you haven't liked him since the day you met him. it's just something about his cocky attitude and smile that you find so incredibly hot yet so incredibly annoying. he loved to press your buttons, slightly touch your waist or thigh, and slowly build up sexual tension. but the only time you hang out with ashton is when you're with the other boys or calum too, so you can never do anything about it. roll your eyes at him and put a hand on your hip. "where's calum?" "he, luke and michael went to pick up food. they'll be back in like 15 minutes." ashton tells you. "it doesn't take 3 people to get food." you sigh, sitting on the couch and grabbing the remote. ashton starts walking over to the couch, "true," he sits down beside you. "but that means we have 15 minutes to ourselves." he smirks, looking at you. you turn to look at him and give him a mad look. he was sitting right next to you. like, thighs touching, no space left in between the two of you. his face being so close to yours kind of turned you on, but you just looked back at the tv and flipped through channels. "can you scoot over? I have a personal bubble." you say. ashton grabs your chin, turning your head and making you look at him once again. "ash—" you begin but were cut off by the curly haired boy crashing his lips onto yours. even though it caught you off guard, you don't hesitate to kiss him back. you drop the remote and put your hands behind his neck. he lets go of your chin and moves both of his hands to your waist to pull you into his lap and momentarily breaking the kiss. he leans back against the couch and looks at you straddling him. "now this is a view I could get used to." he smirks. "shut up, irwin. you said we only have 15 minutes." you say, connecting your lips to his once more.

michael
"ugh, why does she have to come?"  michael groans as you get into the car with him, luke, calum and your older brother ashton. "be nice michael." ashton says, buckling up and starting the car. "can I at least sit up front instead of back here? I'm squished." you ask. you sat in the backseat between michael and calum, both of which were tall and buff guys. "no, I called shot gun!" luke tells you, making you roll your eyes. to be honest, you had enough room to be comfortable, you just didn't want to sit next to michael. he didn't seem to have a problem with you when ashton first introduced you to his friends, but over time, michael slowly grew to hate you. you didn't understand why, but you weren't just going to sit there and take it, which is why you're mean back to him. as ashton drives to the movie theater, you scroll through instagram, but suddenly feel something touch you leg. you look down and see michael's pinky finger ever so lightly rubbing your thigh. you didn't know what to do, so you just let him continue until the car reached the theater. the five you walk into the building, buy tickets for avengers: infinity war and find your seats. you sat with ashton to your left, michael to your right and calum and luke on the other side of him. "here, y/n, hold this." michael says, putting the bag of popcorn in your lap without giving you a choice. the lights then dim and the movie begins so you didn't bother arguing with him. throughout the movie, ashton and michael both reached into the bag and ate as they watched, but then you felt a familiar sensation on your thigh. you looked down and saw michael's hand back where it was, only this time, his whole hand was on your thigh. you swallowed and looked back at the screen, not daring to meet his eyes. you didn't know what he was up to, but you had to admit, you kind of liked it. as the movie went on, the boy slowly moved his hand up your thigh. finally you stood up. "i'm going to the bathroom." you whisper to your brother, giving him the bag of popcorn. you walk out of the movie room and stand by the wall, hoping michael got the hint to follow you. you see him come out of the room about 20 seconds after you and walk up to him. "and just what do you think you're doing?! you hate me then all of the sudden try to get in my pants?" you ask. michael sighs. "I don't hate you," you laugh before he could continue. "really, I don't," he tells you, grabbing your hand. "I just act like that because I don't want to get close to people. showing my emotions isn't something I'm very good at." he says, looking down at the floor. "you don't say." "I actually really like you, y/n." he says, looking you in the eye. you look at him, taken aback. "I-I like you too, michael." you stumble over your words. "do you think we could start over?" he asks, biting his lip. you nod and smile, intertwining your fingers with his.