162. the office au

calum
you smile, spotting your boyfriend standing outside of the large metal door to the warehouse as he takes his break. you walk down the black stairs from the office to the ground floor, making your way past the boxes and other warehouse workers. "hiya." you greet him. calum smiles and blows out the smoke from his cigarette. "hey gorgeous," his grey button up was unbuttoned a the top, his forehead and chest a slightly sweaty from all of the heavy lifting he had been doing. "you on break too?" "no, i just had to get out of another one of michael's useless meetings." you tell him with a small chuckle. "are we still going to jim's barbecue tonight?" calum asks. "yes! it will be good to talk to everyone about something other than paper." you say, making him laugh. "good because darryl and roy said they would go too." "cool. well i'll see you at five o'clock on the dot." you tell him, getting ready to head back up to sell more cardstock. "alright, babe." he smiles, sliding a hand onto your waist and kissing your lips gently. you blush into the kiss as you hear a nearby warehouse workers snicker at calum. he just flips them off and you laugh before going back up to the office.

luke
you sigh and lean your chin against your hand as you click through the calendar pulled up on your screen. planning michael's very not busy schedule wasn't fun at all, but neither was any other aspect of your job. luke helped you through the day. from pranking dwight to hilarious lunch breaks, you and luke were the reason each other got through your boring job. your attention is diverted from your computer to the blonde boy in front of you as he approaches the reception desk. "i cannot wait to go home." he sighs, resting his arms on the desk. "me neither. i need a long nap." you say with a yawn. "well," luke says, reaching into his back pocket and pulling out his wallet. he takes out a one dollar bill and hands it to you with his pointer and middle finger. "go get a candy bar so you have enough energy until five." he smiles. you smile and take the gift, rolling your chair backwards so you can stand up. "thanks, luke." you tell him. "no problem," he winks, sitting back down at his desk. as you walk by, he turns to you again. "oh. if you happen to see dwight back there, can you tell him the fbi called and they're foreclosing his farm because of the radioactive beets?" "sure thing." you laugh and head to the break room.

ashton
"does anyone smell anything smoky?" you ask, sniffing the odd smelling air. "i bet kevin brought in his jerky again." angela rolls her eyes. "oh my god!" pam exclaims, causing everyone to look up. you notice smoke entering the room from under the hallway door. "fire!" your boyfriend ashton yells. "okay everyone what's the procedure?" dwight asks loudly, standing up from his desk. "everybody stay calm!" michael shouts, running around the office, looking for a way to get out. "wait michael, touch the door handle and see if it's hot. there could be a fire in the hallway." dwight instructs. your boss lightly taps the handle. "what does warm mean?" "we're gonna die." you tell ashton. "don't worry," he grabs ahold of your forearm, looking into your eyes intensely. "i'm getting you out of here." you nod before rushing off to find an exit. andy and jim push the copier into a locked door, trying to break it down. kevin runs past you and into the break room, destroying the vending machine to grab all the snacks. angela throws her cat up into the ceiling in an effort to keep him safe. dwight finally blows a loud whistle, causing everyone to stop and turn their attention to him. "don't worry, this was only a test. the fire is not real, it was only a simulation!" he announces. "what?!" you yell before stanley falls to the ground and passes out.

michael
"go get 'em, babe." you smile, pecking your boyfriend on the lips before he runs off onto the makeshift basketball court the guys set up. the warehouse workers were playing against the office workers and who ever loses has to come into work on saturday. you were caught in the middle because you were a salesman, but michael was a warehouse worker so either way, one of you would have to work. "alright boys," pam says, holding the basketball up in the air in the middle of the court. "you better tip it towards us." roy chuckles at his girlfriend. "go!" she says, tossing the ball in the air. you were never a big fan of sports but you intensely watched this game, cheering on both teams since you were kind of on both. a few goals later and alot of terrible basketball playing later, the game ends after michael insists one of the warehouse workers made a foul. but when darryl and michael stand up to him, the boss backs down and gives the warehouse the weekend off. "ugh, we were so close." you sigh. "have fun working tomorrow." michael smirks, walking over to you and taking a swig of his water. "you do realize you have to go the entire day without me, right?" you raise your eyebrows at him. his face falls and he groans, making you laugh.