55: Discussion

After a long talk about what had happened, all the Virtues realized that their situation had only gotten worse.

"I can't believe it..." Ian placed a hand to his forehead. "Mitch had been kidnapped and... Ty has gone missing?!"

"The situation outside isn't getting any better either..." Jerome stated. "I don't think we can keep the affected people under control anymore..."

"Are you sure we can.." Quentin's voice turned into a hushed whisper. "Trust those two?" Quentin nervously eyed the two Sins who were listening in nearby from their table.

Jason nodded. "They helped us get back home."

"I know that but..." Quentin glanced at Envy who suddenly was staring at him. "I-I mean... if you say so..."

"Where did Ty go?" Sky asked. "We don't know if he's in the Mirror Realm..."

"I woke up today and he wasn't present..." Quentin said. "I assumed that he got up early but..."

"Say... which Virtue is this Ty and Mitch person?" Sloth asked, interrupting the Virtues.

"Ty's Humility and Mitch is Charity..." Seto answered him.

"Ah.. Such bad luck..." Sloth scratches his head. "Superbia... must have reached out to Humility... As for Luxurita, it had to be something related to Avaritia."

"A-are you saying they're both in the Mirror Realm?!" Ian exclaimed.

"Superbia.. He doesn't have a body currently.." Envy added. "That means he's probably aiming to take over Ty's body.."

"T.. take over Ty's body..?!" Jason's eyes widened as he recalled Pride's words to him. "Th-that's right.. He said he already had a body in mind when me and Envy faced him!"

"Seems like I won't be able to be of help when it comes to tracking Superbia down." Sloth blew a sigh. "At least not until he takes over that Virtue's body."

"Hold on.. what do you mean body?" Quentin asked, alarmed. "Pride is going to take over Ty's body?"

"Exactly what it sounds like." Sloth replied, dryly.

"What about Greed?" Jerome questioned.

"The thing about him is that we might be facing Avaritia as well.."

The room grew quiet as they processed the information. With what was said, the chances of them finding Ty is near impossible. Retrieving Mitch would mean that they would have to fight not one Sin, but two.

"Ugh... there must be something we can do!" Jerome stood up from his chair, slamming his hands on the table. "There has to be something!"

"There is something you can do." All the eyes turned to Sloth, surprised that it was a Sin that said that. "And the one that holds the key to your solution...." He raises his hand, pointing towards the table. "Is him."

Their eyes followed Sloth's hand, landing on Jason seemed the most confused out of them all. "Huh?"

"He's the only Virtue I can tell so far with an Essence and an Artifact." Sloth said. "You Virtues need to unlock your Essence and find your Artifacts."

"H-hold on, what's an Artifact?" Quentin asked.

"Artifacts are the weapons of Virtues." Sloth answered. "I guess they must have got lost with history as you guys have no knowledge of them..."

"Hold on, you're asking them to unlock their Essence and to find these... Artifacts?" Seto frowned. "How are they supposed to do that?"

"The Artifact alone will do. We just need to find the locations of them."

"Locations?!" Seto stared at Sloth in disbelief. "How are we going to do that?"

"Envy... where did you and Kindness find that Artifact?"

"I opened a ripple and we entered.. But it was on another realm..." Envy looked at the other Sin. ".. Are you trying to say the Artifacts are in different realms?!"

"That could be the case..." Sloth muttered. "But I was sure that the other Virtues had it with them..."

"Other... Virtues?" Jason mumbled. The face of the girl who he met on the flower field appeared in his head. "That's right!" He bursted out. "I saw her—the other Virtue!"

"What do you mean Jason..? What other Virtue...?" Sky asked, growing confused. "We're the only Virtues..."

"No.. it was the one of the Virtue of Kindness!" Jason exclaimed loudly. "I.. I could remember her face...!"

"A.... past Virtue?!" Seto and the Virtues' shouted in unison.

"Is that true, Jason?!" Seto questioned him, looking at Jason intensely.

Jason nodded. "Yes.. it was definitely one of past Kindness. I could tell!"

"But Acedia... How am I supposed to open a ripple to that realm again?" Envy asked. "I'm not even sure why it happened..."

Sloth grinned widely, tapping on his head. "I can find out the general locations of the Artifacts."