28: Safe?

"Jimmy."

Seto vividly remembers him.

"Hey Jimmy, what's up?"

He shakes his head, not wanting to see him again. It pains to see the same cheerful smile, the same spiky blond hair, the same bright blue eyes...

I'm... so sorry... that I..

"Seto!" Sky's voice brings Seto back at the present. "Snap out of it!"

Sky was tugging on Seto's clothes desperately. The group was screaming.

"Evil!" They shouted. "You burned down our home!"

"W-wait.. that wasn't-"

"You killed our leader!" They continued.

"It wasn't me, it was someone that-" Seto tried to explain but he keeps getting cut off.

A dagger flew straight at him, Sky pushed Seto to the ground with him, avoiding the blade. His hood fell back during the process. Sky rushed to pull it back over his head but it was already too late.

"He's with the Sins!" Someone shrieked. "Look besides him-Wrath!"

"Run!" Sky pulls Seto back up and the two ran away from the town. They only stopped to catch their breaths. Seto looks back to see if they had been followed but strangely enough, they were left alone.

"Sky..." Seto said slowly. "This.. world.. do you think that Brice is.."

Sky blinks. He hasn't heard of his name ever since he had passed away. Seto hasn't even mentioned him until now.

"Seto..." Sky trails off, not sure of what to say.

When Brice got bedridden, Seto stayed by his side the entire time, sitting in a chair next to the bed. He stopped being active and remained stationary. When Brice falls asleep, he would bring books to Brice's room and read until dawn where he falls, exhausted.

When the day came, Seto shut himself from the world. For a while, no one could interact would Seto. Whenever someone sees him in the halls, he had an empty look on his face and wouldn't acknowledge anyone. Ty decided to do something. After that night, Seto was back. The two never said what happened. They all soon forgot about it and moved on.

It was something Sky hope to never experience again.

What should I say?

"I'm... not sure.." Sky answered hesitantly. It was an honest response. A safe one at the very least.

Seto didn't say anything.

~

Jason woke up, rubbing his eyes. He looks around the room, finding himself to be alone.

"Envy?" He called out. He got out of bed, frowning. Where did he go?

There was a note on the table. Jason heads over, taking a look.

Kindness,

I have some business to do. Remember, I can find you so it's alright if you leave. Don't wander too far.

"Business?" Jason looks at the note, confused. "What business is he talking about?"

He looks at the table, finding loaves of bread and apples. Envy must have left them for him.

Is Envy really that bad? Jason wonders. He is just like another person. It was nothing what the book depicted how Sin of Envy was.

He pulls up his left sleeve, finding his arm still black. He sighs. The arm isn't back go normal.. Maybe that's a good thing considering where he is at. Jason started looking for something for his hands so he can't accidentally touch something.

In one of the drawers, he found a pair of gray working gloves. He takes both of them and puts them on, heading outside and touching the plants to see if would die. Nothing happened.

Jason smiles, relieved.

He decided that he should stay. Travelling seems too dangerous. He doesn't want to run into anyone. They are all... corrupted. He shuddered, thinking of the two boys. He definitely don't want to be in a similar situation ever again.

Everyone... I miss you.. Jason sighs as he sat down at the bed. Pain grips his heart as he longs to go home.

"I wish this whole thing was just a bad dream.." Jason muttered softly.

He hears the door slowly open and footsteps coming front the front. Jason jumps up and heads out, grinning.

"Envy! You're..." He trails off.

It wasn't Envy.

"So this is where you were hiding~" Lust smirks widely.