96: Planning

Wrath has no use for the memories of his counterpart. It doesn't matter, he'll kill both the Virtues and Sins anyway. But he has to get rid of Him first.

It wasn't hard to find Father. His presence is practically broadcasted to everyone who could feel it.

No doubt about it... He's trying to get all the Sins in one place.

Wrath stood before a tall man with dark brown hair and ragged dark clothes. If he didn't know any better, he would have assumed that he was some lost human. But with the white glowing eyes and the pressure Wrath felt from the man just standing on top of the ruins...

It was almost crushing.

"Ahh... I wonder how much time has passed..." He mused. The man didn't even glance at Wrath who was glaring at him. "So, you're the first Sin to greet me when I wake."

It was him. The cause of everything–Father.

"I'd like to meet the other Sins and then I'll go and claim this realm as my own."

Wrath continued walking over to Father before breaking into a sprint.

"Judgement." The Artifact appeared in his hands and Wrath gripped the sword tightly. Nemesio lowered its head, hiding behind rumble as his owner's aura spiked. Wrath trembled, grinding his teeth against one another. The one who he despises is in front of him, he can't stay calm. Wrath's eyes glowed brightly as he charged at Father. "I'm going to kill you!"

The man didn't seem to be worried, just surprised. He dodges, avoiding the attack. The Artifact stuck the debris, sending dust and rubble flying from the impact. Wrath tried again, his blade heading straight for the head of Father.

The man ducked and Wrath clenched his teeth, veins popping from his forehead. "You cursed us all–all of the Sins! Our existence shouldn't have been allowed at all!" Wrath bellowed as he flew into a blind rage of slashing left and right. "I won't forgive you even after you died, I'll continue to hate you!"

Father didn't react to Wrath's fury as he easily dodges the Sin's attack. "For a Sin to raise their own weapon against me... Unacceptable." In the middle of his dodges, his arm reached outwards and pulled a longsword with a turquoise tint out of thin air.

Wrath didn't even notice that Father had a weapon now, too absorbed in trying to kill him.

Blood followed Father's swing.

~

"H-Herobrine is here?!" The virtues exclaimed in unison.

Sloth rubbed his temples, sighing. "His presence is really bothering me... I guess he's trying to gather all the Sins."

Envy nodded in agreement. Father was exposing himself, practically saying "come to me" from how it feels like. He doesn't want to know how it feels if he's right next to him...

"Will he do anything?" Quentin asked, anxiously. "This place is already destroyed as it is..."

Sloth and Envy fell silent. Their expressions were grave. In turn, the atmosphere tensed up with everyone exchanging nervous and anxious glances. It was like that for a few moments before Sky spoke up.

"Is there any way he's a good person...?"

If he was, things wouldn't be like this. Sloth scoffed. "I don't know what he's going to do exactly but it's not good news to any of us."

"Then we're supposed to...stop him... defeat him?" Envy questioned, hesitantly. "W-we don't even know what he can do..."

Jason nodded. "And we barely rested! Seto is missing too... and Mitch..." He glances down at Mitch on the ground who was being healed by his Artifact the whole time. Fortunately, the majority of his wounds were healing but he hasn't woken up yet.

"No... I'm here..."

The group turned to see Seto, trudging towards them. He looked miserable, with disheveled hair and clothes.

"Wh-who is that?!" Envy shot up from the ground, clearly alarmed.

"What do you mean... that's Seto!" Quentin grinned. "That's great we have everyone here!"

Despite the other's relieved looks, Sloth's smoke filled the area and formed a defensive front.

"Sloth, what are you doing?" Ian asked him, bewildered.

"Don't worry, Sloth, that's not Jimmy, I know it's not." Sky stated. "Jimmy is probably gone now..."

Seto continues walking toward them, mumbling words with a detached expression. "I'm not... no... shut up... alright..."

This doesn't feel like the same sorcerer as before.... Sloth scowled. It felt more like... Jimmy.

"Seto!" Envy called out. He paused briefly, realizing he had called out the sorcerer's name. Jason's memories were already intertwined with his so he 'remembered' everyone's names beside their titles. "I-I mean sorcerer... these memories aren't yours, they're Jimmy's. Even if they feel real, just know they're not your own!"

Seto doesn't seem like he heard him. If he heard, he didn't give a reaction. He just continued heading slowly towards him.

"S-Seto! Are you alright?" Brice suddenly cried out. He knew that the memories belonged to his other self but at the same time, he couldn't help it. Both Ant and Brice felt like they regained their lost self–even if it was the memories of their counterpart.

Seto stops in his tracks upon hearing Brice's words. "Brice...?" His voice called out, sounding lost.

"Yes... but no..." Brice smiled bitterly.

Seto seems confused, his gaze going over everyone, and then stops at Brice. He studied him for a long moment. "Brice..." He muttered. His eyes widened and his expression changed into a more lucid one. "Everyone! You're... you're all here!"

Jimmy's presence vanished immediately. Envy breathed a sigh of relief and Sloth's smoke cleared out.

"False memories make things more complicated doesn't it...?" Sloth muttered under his breath. He shot a glance at Ian but the Virtue was too focused on Seto.

"Are you okay?" Ant asked him once Seto joined up with the group.

Seto nodded as he give a grim smile. "Sorry, I was just... thinking."

"I'm glad you're alright too, Seto." Ty smiled. The others quickly agreed.

"It was good timing at least..." Sloth grumbled. "Now I'm going to lay out the plan to everyone."

"Lay out the plan...?" Jerome repeated. "So we're going to take out Herobrine?"

Sloth nodded. "We have to move fast otherwise the plan would fail."

"W-wait..." A weak voice called out.

Their attention turned to the person who Jason was healing. Mitch tried not to grimace as he propped himself up.

"L... let me in on the plan too..." Mitch smiled weakly. "I'm alright..."

Jason and Jerome open their mouths to speak but Sloth cuts them off.

"Alright."

Sloth explained the plan to everyone as they listened closely.