11: Transform

A ripple appears just outside the kingdom. Invidia step out from it, grinning. "Luckily, I prepared one for myself." He watches the ripple slowly disappear. I'll come back, Kindness. For now.. I will enjoy this..

He opened up some ripples before just in case if the Mirror World collapse suddenly. It was getting dangerous. It wasn't until recently that the earthquakes were getting more and more stronger. Invidia went to asked the other Sins but couldn't find anyone of them. He doesn't know why it was falling apart.

Invidia looks up at the sky. It was night in the Overworld with the stars shining brightly. He can never see these kind of stuff in the Mirror Realm. He knew the Overworld was much better than the Mirror Realm with Virtues living in the Overworld. He heard it from Acedia who seems to be...different. Acedia himself is odd. Invidia remembers talking to him.

"Acedia.." Invidia walks towards the sleeping Sin, frowning. He found him sleeping in his terrority. It is true that Acedia pose no threat to him since he is the docile of the bunch, but it was still, it was his area.

"Who is it.." Acedia grumbled, not getting up.

"This is my terrority.."

"You're always like that, Invidia. Even if you were your other reincarnation..."

"What does that mean?"

Acedia yawns, slowly getting up. "What does what mean?" He asked, scratching his head.

"My reincarnation." Invidia said. "I have my own?"

Invidia watches the Sin scowl. "You wouldn't get it, Invidia." He responded. "I know what happened before."

"What do you mean before?"

"I remember you." Acedia answered. "And myself.. I remember.. everything..."

Invidia considered getting Acedia out. It seems like he has no intention of doing so though. "Get out." Invidia said, threateningly.

"... I'm not doing anything." Even with his sleeping mask on, Invidia can tell Acedia was looking at him. "So stop trying to be threatening."

Invidia can feel Acedia's aura pushing back his own, evening things out. Invidia frowns, wondering how he can be that strong when all he does is sleep.

"How about I'll trade you some information? Would you let me stay here?" Invidia didn't say anything as he was too focus to pushing Acedia's aura back. Invidia can see Acedia was smiling, a type of smile that makes Invidia shudder even when it looks friendly. The Sin's aura was overcoming his own.

Invidia glares at Acedia, watching him. He didn't flinch as Invidia's intent engulfed the area. Invidia can see the blue smoke coming out of Acedia- his ability. Invidia swallows. The only ability he has is transforming into another being- something that was useless unless it passed the same set of skills and abilities down to himself. If he was to fight Acedia... It would end badly for him.

"Well? Do you want to trade information?"

"..." Invidia didn't have any other choice but accept. "F.. fine.."

"Do you know there's Virtues?" Acedia asked.

"What?"

"They're the opposites of us. If I remember correctly, you should be able to go between realms."

"Huh..?"

"Let's talk then."

And that was how Invidia discovered his other ability-opening ripples to the other side. Along with that, the information of Virtues. He doesn't know how Acedia knew but he did. Invidia gotten interested into the Virtue of Kindness, the opposite of himself. Now with the Mirror Realm collapsing, perhaps he can take the Virtue's place.

Invidia starts to head towards the kingdom. He stops for a second, almost forgetting to change himself.

"That's right.. I have checked how he looked like when I knocked him out.." Invidia closes his eyes. It was quick. His clothes changed as well. Now he is the Virtue of Kindness. Smile. He told himself.

He walked through the kingdom but it was odd to see something that was ruins all lively with people in it. They even greeted him nicely and he had to respond equally as nice.

It must be nice being here.

Then it felt it. Something that was similar in the mirror realm.

-

Seto started to look into what the diary actually mean. Being a Virtue has something to do with it since they are the only ones that it responds to. Seto looked for the book about the Virtues' origin. There was numerous books about how Virtues came to be but he has the hold of the most popular one.

It started with one, the Creator. His name is Notch. He made mountains rise and fall. He made the grass grow and the trees standing tall. He carved rivers into the ground and made oceans. He made the sun, the moon, the stars, the world. Notch needed a helper since he couldn't watch over his creations. He created someone that is like him. Although he created him, he still refer to him as his Brother. His name was Herobrine. Together they made more. The rain, the snow, the ice, the fire... The two were very fond of each other. That is until Notch begin to create life.

Animals were fine but seeing humans that look much like themselves made Herobrine mad. He demanded Notch to have them erased. The two fought and it was a long battle that lasted years. Herobrine manipulated humans to do his bidding, darkening their nature. Notch has to stop Herobrine and that was how the seven heavenly virtues came to be. Their job was to keep Minecraftia from getting corrupted. In the end, Notch has won by banishing his Brother into a lost realm.

The Virtues are born in every generation, either noticeable or not. People have seek out the Virtues, knowing that they have something that will differentiate themselves from others. It was a symbol. The sizes vary from each person but it was always the size of the baby's fist when they are first born. Each symbol would represent a different Virtue. It could be anywhere on the body.

Seto remembers Ty's symbol which was above his left eye on his forehead. He had his hair covering it but it is there. Embarrassed maybe, or he doesn't want to show it off. Mitch had his on his right hand when Jerome have it on his left. Sky have it on his right arm and Jason have it on the side of his neck. Quentin have his on the left shoulder while Ian has his on his back, his being the biggest one, taking up almost half his back.

The symbols... Seto thought about it. They could be the reason why the diary opens... No.. the reasons they have the symbols is that they are Virtues.

He was back at square once again.

Seto frowns. "This isn't going anywhere." He mutters. He closes his eyes again, trying to find another book.

A book levitated in front of Seto, the pages flipping as it tries to find what Seto is looking for.

Virtues.. and the three Principals?

The book stops on a page. Curious, Seto decided to read it.

There are the seven Virtues: Patience, Kindness, Humility, Chastity, Charity, Temperance and Diligence. Along with that there is also the three Principals. Love, Truth and Courage...

He frowns, closing the book and putting it aside. It wasn't what he is looking for. Seto got up now, heading out of his library and into the hallway. He need to think.

"Sorcerer?" Seto hears a voice from behind him, he turns to see Jason standing there with a weird look on is face.

"Jason..?" Seto frowns. "Are you okay?"

Jason blinks. "Oh.. Y-yeah.. I'm okay.. Sorry I was just tired." He laughs awkwardly before giving Seto a half smile and walked away.

Seto stands there, puzzled. How odd..