32: Struggle

"You... you're Lust.." Sky said in horror. The owner of the manor was a Sin. He remembers seeing Darren's lifeless eyes and what Seto said about how the Sin, Lust works.

Controlling.. Then... the people on the walls.. they were brainwashed?

Lust nodded, smiling. "You... must be Patience." He then glances at Seto who seems awfully familiar. Strange.. He's emitting an aura... A mage? Luckily he's under the drug effects. "Let me guess, you were trying to find your friend?"

Sky connects Jason's name on the plate to the others. No... He's planning to make Jason like the three..

"Let go of Jason!" Sky shouted. He tried to struggle against Darren and Lola but they didn't even budge. Lust only laughs at his attempts.

Seto looks up, squinting. He sees a blurred outline of a figure. He was carrying someone. I heard.. Jason..? Jason is here...?

Lust sets Jason down on the sofa, propping him up. "It must be Invidia that brought him here," he said. "But... how did you two get in this world?"

Seto's head pounded as he tried to stand up.

'Breathe calmly, Seto'

Who... who is that...? Seto wondered. Someone.. Is speaking to me?

'Let your aura flow through your whole body' The voice continued. 'That's what you've always said'

"Breathe.." Seto whispered to himself. He shut his eyes, trying to focus on his aura.

Jason's eyes slowly open. He felt disoriented. Where... where am I?

"Jason!"

Jason hears Sky's voice and his face lights up. "Sky?!" He looks around, seeing the situation. Terror sets in as he saw Sky detained, Seto seemingly unmoving from the ground and Lust standing next to him. The color drained from his face as he froze in terror.

"G-guys..?"

"Look who's finally awake," Lust smirked. He leans towards Jason. "If you try to run, your friends here might.. Not make it out of here."

Jason nodded slowly, gulping.

".. what do you want with us?" Sky asked.

"We have never met Virtues, we were only informed of them.." Lust explained, turning around to Sky. "Some of us were also doubting it to be true..."

Lust's corners quirked upwards as his dark blue eyes gleamed. "I'm just interested in the Virtues."

Uneasiness fell over Sky and Jason.

How can we get out of here..? Sky thought.

"How about we make a deal," Lust suddenly said. "I'll let your friends go, Kindness."

"R-really..?" Jason looks at the Sin.

"In return, you have to take my pills..."

"Pill..?"

Lust presented the same pill Sky saw earlier. "No.. Don't take that Jason!" Sky exclaimed. "That did something to Seto, we can figure out another way.."

"Come on, Kindness." Lust said. "Don't you think this is a good deal...?"

"I.." Jason trails off, staring at the pill in Lust's hands.

"Stop..." Lust turns to see Seto, seeing that he was standing up. Seto's arm flung out suddenly and his aura sent Lust flew to the side, his body crashing into the wall and lands on the floor. Lust seems to be unresponsive, not moving from the spot.

"Owner!" Kathy cried out.

Lola and Darren released Sky and rushed over to where Lust is, frantically pulling him up from the floor.

"Let's go!" Seto shouted. Sky got up and grabbed Jason and ran out of the manor. The three seem to be distracted, trying to wake Lust up. They weren't chasing after them.

Seto's head was throbbing but he got the effects under control. "We got Jason, now we have to get out of here before he gets up."

"How.. how did you guys get in here?" Jason asked, his voice choking. "I.. thought... I was going to be stuck here.."

"It's alright Jason, you're safe now." Sky flashes a wide smile at him, trying to comfort him. The three ran out of the forest, out of breath. Seto's head was hurting even more, feeling dizzy. "Ugh..." He put a hand on his forehead. That drug is no joke... If it was Sky that had it... "Let me.. Open the ripple.." He puts his hands out, trying to focus on that space. Seconds passed.

Nothing happened.