89: New Look

Ty stood in the middle of the darkness, glaring at Pride who stood before him. "What... what did you do...?" He asked him, slowly. Pride stared at the Virtue for a few more moments as if he was studying him.

"This is an enclosed space, somewhere where you and I both can be." Pride finally answered. "Think of it as a room we share."

Ty's fists clenched in anger. "That didn't answer my question."

Ty had seen it happen, somehow projecting out and above the scene. He looked on in shock and confusion as his body was moving. As he observed more, it became clear that he was not controlling the body.

His eyes were glowing purple.

With Sky in danger, he instinctively reached out. His vision blurred and a flash of light overcame him. He suddenly was on the ground again, back in his own body. It was only for a split second before he was thrown into the black enclosed space.

Pride then materialized in front of him a few seconds afterward, looking displeased.

"You're weak, Humility." He strides toward Ty, leering at him. The Virtue took a few steps back both in surprise and fear. "Without my involvement there, you wouldn't be able to help your friends or yourself."

"Help... my friends?" Ty repeated. "I saw you, you almost killed Sk–"

Pride lunged forward and his right hand grabbed Ty around his throat, cutting him off. He pressed Ty's back against a solid as if a wall of darkness appeared behind him. Ty grabbed the Sin's arms, trying to struggle free. Pride's grip only increased in force as he gasped out.

"Listen, Humility." Pride hissed. "We share a body here, I can't afford to have you pull stunts like that."

Sh... share... body...?!

Ty continued to struggle, more frantic now. It was getting harder to breathe as each second passed.

"If I hadn't lent my help, you would have died a while back." Pride continued. He noticed Ty's efforts had slowed down and his eyes were slowly rolling back. He quickly let go, dropping Ty to the ground.

Ty gasped for air and coughed at the same time.

"It would be better if this body were fully in my control..." Pride muttered to himself while Ty got back up, breathing heavily. It took him a short time to recover.

"I... I don't need your help!" Ty yelled. "Whatever you're doing, stop it now."

"We're stuck together, Virtue." Pride responded.

"Wh-what?"

Pride sneered. "It comes as a package deal with the contract you agreed to. Whether you want it or not."

"I'm not going to let you take control of my own body." Ty retorted.

"What can you do, Humility? I'm sure Patience is getting himself killed out there. When you gain back control, what would you do?"

"I—"

With a wave of his hand, the darkness dispersed. Ty's eyes widened as the world started to materialize before him. Pride had vanished as well. He finds himself in familiar surroundings, all alone.

"Where am I now?!"

It looked to be the area where he was watching Pride controlling his body. Was I back in my body? No... something is wrong here!

"Ty..." A whisper.

Ty whirled around, arms raised to protect himself. He paused, seeing that the person in front of him was Sky.