67: Bizarre

Ian and Quentin tumbled onto the ground from the ripple.

"Ouch...." Quentin muttered. "That was a close call."

He got up first and helped Ian up. The two looked back at the ripple, expecting everyone else to come through. More than enough time had passed and there was no one.

"Strange... They're taking their sweet time..." Quentin said.

Ian scowled. "We all went into the ripple at the same time.

Quentin's eyes widened in a panic. "Don't tell me something went wrong!"

Ian went towards the area where the ripple was, trying to find it but it must have closed off. "Let's wait here a bit, they could be trying to find us."

"Where are we actually?" Quentin asked.

Ian looked around, noticing how there was nothing but dead trees and bushes around. There doesn't seem to be a single strand of grass anywhere, just all dirt.

"I-Ian...." Quenton pointed in a direction. "Who.... who is that?!"

Following his finger, Ian spotted a person stumbling towards them. He seems out of it, practically dragging his legs. There were blood stains all over his mouth and clothes as well. As he comes closer, he notices Ian and Quentin. He paused, his face suddenly breaking into a huge creepy smile. The two shuddered in unison.

"Not a friendly person, that's for sure." Ian answered. Then the man started to walk directly towards them. No, not walking, more like scurrying. Ian and Quentin were quick to pull out their knives.

"I'm.... starving..." The man croaked loudly. "Give... give me your flesh...."

"Did... he say flesh...?!" Quentin asked and the two of them backed up.

"This... this person isn't normal...." Ian noticed more similar figures popping up from each side. "Where did all these people come from?!"

The newly arrived looked to be in even worse shape than the first. Some were shirtless, showing how their bones showed through their body. Almost all of them had bloodstains around their mouth. "Food...."

"We're getting out of here!" Ian and Quentin ran and as soon as they did, the crowd chased after them. There were too many of them for the two to handle.

Luckily, they weren't fast runners but along the way, the crowd keeps growing bigger. "Ian, look over there!" Quentin grinned as he saw a small building. It looked abandoned with darkened windows. There are also fences surrounding it with the gate open for entry. The metal rusted to the point of no return.

The two ran straight for it, running through the gate and shutting it close. Ian slammed the lever down, locking it. They went for the door in front of the building, finding it surprisingly unlocked.

Closing the door shut behind them and locking it, the two slid down in relief, trying to catch their breath.

"What's wrong with them?" Quentin asked. "They... they're not right."

"How are we going to find the others now..." Ian muttered. He examined his surroundings, frowning. Something didn't feel right. The hallway before the two seem to stretch into what seems to be impossibly long. From the outside, this shouldn't be possible.

"This... building.... was it that long?" Quentin questioned.

"Maybe we should leave..." Just as Ian finished his sentence, a loud thud sounded on the door behind them, followed by more thuds.

The two backed away from the door. "So... we're stuck here?"

"There has to be another way out of here..." Ian heads towards the closest door. He opens it finding it empty with no windows. The other room was identical.

"S-should we go down the hallway...?"  Quentin suggested, gulping. "There isn't any other way..."

They slowly walked down the hallway. It was dim, lit up by candles on the walls. They reached the end, finding a large door. They exchanged nervous glances before slowly pushing it open.

In contrast to the hallway, the entire room is now lit brightly by a chandelier and more candles. It looked to be a large dining room with a long wooden table that has a red cloth over it. It looked long enough for multiple families but bizarrely there is only a single chair at one end. The table was also empty except for a plate and utensils at the end where the chair is. Behind the table was a staircase, leading upwards.

"This building couldn't have a second floor." Ian said, remembering how it looked from the outside. "This can't be right..."

"There aren't even windows here..." Quentin said, nervously glancing around. "I'm getting the creeps... We should go back."

Footstep. Ian and Quentin froze. Sure enough, there were more footsteps. The two turned towards the sound, eyes landing on someone slowly walking down the staircase, staring directly at them.

His eyes were strange and seemingly glow orange. His hair is long, coming down to his neck and dark blue in color that fades into dark orange at the tips. There was a stitch line from the ends of his mouth to around his jaw. He wore a long black half sleeve shirt, leaving his whole left shoulder and arm exposed along with brown ragged pants and shoes. Because of his attire, stitch lines around his neck, left shoulder and legs are clearly seen.

He didn't look quite like Quentin but the two knew that it had to be the Sin of Gluttony, Gula.