80: Vessel

Jimmy looked with disappointment when he saw that Ty had stopped moving. He released his aura and let go of Ty's neck.

"Strange..." He narrowed his eyes at the body. "I was sure Superbia would appear..." He noticed that Ty was still breathing, just barely.

"I wonder through..." Jimmy's hands reach for Pride's dagger dropped from the ground, smiling at the new opportunity. Taking it in his hands, he raised his arm. "How will my other half feel about me killing his friend!"

He was about to plunge the dagger into the Virtue's chest when Ty's eyes flew open. His arm shot out, gripping Jimmy's hand that held the dagger.

Jimmy stopped, memorized as the eyes he was looking for had appeared before him. It was the dragon eyes. He remembered them. He had stuck half of his body through the portal. It was painful but it was all worth it. He came to acknowledge the Sin that was missing in Mirror Realm.

Superbia.

Jimmy's Eye of Ender was drawn to one of the pillars. The Sin had stared down at Jimmy from his pillar before giving a mocking smile. It was the day when he realized the existence of the dragon eyes. All the effort into getting the ender eye felt useless. With trembling fingers, he touched the scar on his right eye. All before the portal turned unstable and he had to retreat.

It was even more beautiful up close. Tears ran down his face as he was at a loss of words. The royal purple color of the eyes... The slits that penetrate through the entire world...

By the time he regained himself, his wrist was already broken and he found himself on the ground. The dagger was knocked away, out of his reach. Jimmy looked up, seeing him towering over him. The heel of a shoe drove itself onto his ribcage, causing Jimmy to gasp out in pain.

"Ha.. haha.." Jimmy coughed out a laugh. "You.. you came out, Superbia!"

"Tsk..." Pride glared down at Jimmy with a cold gaze as he dug his heel harder. "Humility couldn't get rid of some annoying fly."

"How about we fight?" Jimmy asked, excitedly.

"Fight?" Pride scoffed. "You've got a broken wrist and you're facing me." He pressed his foot down, leaning down to get close to Jimmy's face. His eyes glowed purple as he sneered at him. "I can easily take you out."

"You're bluffing."

"What?" Pride was caught by surprise when Jimmy's eyes glowed orange. Bright orange flames shot out from his hands. Pride was forced to back off, glowering as Jimmy got up from the ground.

"I can tell... haha... the Voice told me already!" Jimmy pointed with his left hand at Pride, his smile widening. "You... You haven't made that body your own yet. You're just stuck in that Virtue's body that you can't fully control."

"Hah... Even if that was true, it wouldn't make any difference." Pride sneered. "I'll easily get rid of you either way."

"I'll give you a choice, Superbia..." Jimmy said as he reached down to pick up Pride's dagger and put it inside his robe. "Hand your eyes over otherwise... it'll be more painful when I take them."

"Hand over my prized possession?" Pride laughed out loud. "You must be out of your mind."

Orange flames erupted out of his hands again, this time with more intensity. His right eye slowly morphed, turning into a mix of green, the pupil thinning into a slit.

"Eye of Ender..." Pride narrowed his eyes. "I'm not sure how you were able to get that but now I know how you were able to track me."

Orange flames erupted out of his hands again, this time with more intensity. They burn the sleeves of his cloak, showing his broken right wrist. He didn't feel the pain the fires were causing or the wrist. Nothing could have compared to his agony to obtain the flames and the ender eye.

"Superbia, a shadow in every realm except for the End." Jimmy's flames shot out and Pride avoided them with agility. He didn't stop, advancing towards the Sin as he kept trying, repeatedly. "For years, I researched all about you!"

A swift whip of Jimmy's arm hurls orange flames straight towards Pride. He sidestepped but he felt the burn on his cheek. He hissed out in pain, grabbing the left side of his face with his left hand. The hair that covered his face burned away and uncovered his left side. He froze, feeling the burnt ends of his soon-to-be body.

"That's nice... I can see both eyes now." Jimmy beamed. "Don't worry... I won't near your eyes anymore... I need those dragon eyes unharmed."

Unable to control his malice, he flexed out his right arm but his nails didn't transform which infuriates him even more. "You piece of shit!" Pride hissed. "I'll kill you when I get the chance."

Ty passing out allowed him to take control of his body temporarily. All the strength that went into breaking Jimmy's wrist was supposed to conceal the fact that the body isn't in full control. Unfortunately, it didn't work for Jimmy.

Jimmy lunged forward again, his arm engulfed in fire. Pride was forced to keep retreating.

The only thing that carried over was his dragon eyes. Although Pride can see the attacks, his body is not as fast as he wanted it to be.

Tch... Humility's body is weak... if only it was mine already.

Out of the corner of his eyes, he spots two figures in the distance. Zooming in, he saw who the two were.

I don't like doing this but he'll kill my vessel otherwise. As soon as his feet touched the ground, he quickly turned and propelled himself in one direction.

"Running away, Superbia?" Jimmy chased after him. "Are you getting scared?!"

As much as Pride wanted to kill him, he had to focus on dodging the incoming flames. If I can get to those two... He felt a burning pain in one of his arms. He grimaced in pain but continued on without stopping.

Pride was almost there. At this distance, he should be able to sense him. He shot one of the figures a hard glare, making sure that he felt the stare on his back. His aura flared out, expanding as he felt his energy draining quickly.

This allowed Jimmy landed a direct hit on the back of Pride's legs, scorching them. Pride bit down to hold in the pain as he was thrown off balance. He cursed out loud, trying to get back up but Jimmy was already ready. His glowing orange eye subdued and his flames disappeared. Pride felt the aura lifting him to face Jimmy. Aura wrapped around his arms to his body and his legs, immobilizing him.

Jimmy could hardly contain his excitement when he approached Pride. "I got him!" He exclaimed loudly. "What should I do? Take one of them? Both eyes, of course!" He rambled, talking to himself, answering questions that aren't there. He pulled out Pride's dagger from his robe. "Yes... I agree... Ironic for him to die by his blade."

Jimmy turned his attention back to Pride, his left hand with the dagger trembling. "I'll try not to be messy but you did break my wrist and... I'm... so excited..."

Pride cursed out, spewing insults after insults as the blade inches closer to his eyes.

The many years he waited for a suitable vessel all for it to end like this. Not only that but his prized possessions will be lost.

"Any last words?" Jimmy asked him.

Pride smirked. In a pained voice, he shouted out, "Mitch! H-help me!"

Before Jimmy could process what happened, Mitch tackled Jimmy to the ground which dropped Pride to the ground. He pulled himself up, barely able to stand due to his burns.

Greed walked back, casting a sideways glare at Pride. "You owe me one." He said in a low voice before heading to take a look at Jimmy.

Pride's purple eyes fade out, reverting back to Ty's natural colors before he passed out on the ground.