35: Own Mind

Ty had woken up late, rubbing his eyes. Ugh... I want to sleep more.... He wants to go back to sleep and wake up when Sky and Seto are back and the Sins gone.

If only things were like that.

"Ty?! Ty!"

The door slams open which causes Ty to bolt up from his bed. Quentin was there, eyes wide and panting. He seems to be in extreme distress.

"Wh-what's wrong?!"

"Ian.... Ian is..."

Ty's stomach lurched.

"He's gone!"

Ty scrambles out of his bed and runs past Quentin into the hallway.

He ignored Quentin's shouts as he ran down the hallway. Thousands of thoughts came to his mind.

What happened?!

Ian is gone?

What does "gone" mean?!?

He spotted the others outside, arguing about something. By the time Ty reached them, he was out of breath, panting

He was shocked. Jerome and Mitch were arguing. They had never been on opposite sides.

"We need to take some kind of action!"

"Action?! Ian disappeared! From what the people told us, it seems like a Sin took him!"

"That's more so a reason to take action, we need to get Ian back!"

"We have to hide! At this rate, we'll all be taken one by one!"

"What can hiding achieve?!"

"C-calm down you two!" Ty shouted, attempting to end the argument. Mitch and Jerome glared at each other but they didn't say anything more. Quentin had finally caught up with Ty, huffing.

Ty takes a deep breath. "Can someone explain what happened please?"

"The people told us that someone appeared out of thin air...." Mitch said. "And some sort of a gas covered the area."

"Gas...?!"

"And... Ian... they saw Ian confronting the person!"

There was no doubt that it was a Sin.

"What... should we do now....?" Ty asked. "We can't even get into the Mirror Realm." His voice shook as he went on. "I-it's just... it's just us left. That Sin can still be around!"

Jerome nodded slowly. "I don't think it's safe for us to go anywhere alone."

"I'll stick with Ty then." Quentin announced.

Mitch and Jerome turned to each other, scowling but said nothing.

~

Ty prayed that it was all a bad dream and he would wake up on his bed. But it doesn't seem like it. Quentin and Ty headed to where Ian was last seen. There was no trace of him anywhere but perhaps a ripple was still here.

The two began to search, trying their best to look for what Seto described a ripple. "Ugh..." Quentin groaned. "I can't believe this happened..."

"Did anyone give the description of the Sin...?" Ty asked.

Quentin nodded. "One of the residents said he had long brown hair and there was something covering his eyes.

Long brown hair...? None of the Virtues have hair like that. It couldn't have been Envy unless he was wearing a wig... "Covering his eyes...? LIke glasses?"

"He said it was more like a sleeping mask..."

Ty takes a sudden intake of air when a small shock went through him. Everything around him faded into darkness.

It's like what happened last time...

He looks around, trying to figure out what was going on.

"Q-Quentin?" He called out. There was no answer. His voice echoed as if he was in a cave. There was nothing, just the darkness.

'Another Sin in your world...? Let me show you how he looks....'

Ty spun around, heart pounding. The voice just now sounded like it was behind him but there was nothing there. "Who are you?!"

Something was forming from the ground. It was a gray liquid slowly morphing into a human shape. "Wha—?!"

The thing started to change into a shade of light pale skin. Ty steps back, afraid.

'I believe this is the Sin that you were talking about'

Brown hair started sprouting from the top of the faceless head. It was messy and long, reaching down past the neck. It also seems to have an unkempt facial hair. A black sleeping mask seems to emerge out of the liquid, covering where the eyes should be.

Clothes started to emerge as well. It had on a white collar shirt along with a dark pair of pants.

"This... this was the Sin that took Ian?"

The Sin started to melt, going back into the ground.

"Who... who are you? What is this place?!"

'This is your own mind, Virtue.' The voice chuckles. 'As of who I am, that will come later.'

"My... own mind?" Ty muttered.

'We share a small part of your mind, Virtue. That's how we're talking right now.'

"... You're a Sin aren't you?"

'Sin or not, it doesn't matter. I'm here to offer help.'