43: Taken

Pride had vanished, leaving Ty all alone. The Sin explained that Ty would know when his target is near. However, it doesn't help him track.

"Does he expect me to somehow find him in this place...?!"

Ty looks at the blade Pride had given to him. It looked unique with engravings on both the metal and the handle. It gave off an ominous feeling when Ty examined it. Pride cautioned him not to cut himself with it.

"At least I'm here now..." Ty muttered. "I have to get to the others and bring them back before things get worse."

"But with Pride...." He had a feeling things won't go nicely. "First thing is first, I need to find them..."

Ty looks around and from what he can see, he is in the middle of the forest, much like the one before he entered the realm. He decided he should see if the realm is like his home, hoping to find his friends along the way.

~

"Why are we heading away from the kingdom area..?!" Ian asked. "It's the place where my friends enter through a ripple."

"The ruins have a high possibility of running into Ira." Sloth answered. "He goes there frequently for some reason."

"I see.... I guess it's safer to search around the area."

The two fell silent before Ian spoke again.

"I.. I don't think I gave you my name..." He said awkwardly. "I'm Ian." He smiled at the Sin who peered over, studying him with the eye that he didn't cover with his sleeping mask. 

"Do.. you have a name?" Ian asked him. "Well.. what should I call you?"

Sloth opened his mouth but then shut it. He turned his head to the other side, hiding his entire face.

"Just Sloth is fine."

Ian couldn't place his finger on it but he had a sense of deja vu. He felt like a conversation much like this was taken before.

"We're being followed, just as you know."

"Followed..?!" Ian checked behind him but there was no one. "Don't tell me it's the other Sins..."

"One of them seems dangerous." Sloth muttered. "This will be a pain to deal with..."

Ian scoured his surroundings, trying to spot their stalkers. His field of vision was shaking after a few moments.

Shaking...? Ian frowned. No... the ground... it's....!

"Sloth!"

The blue gas sweeped Ian off the ground along with Sloth. The ground rumbled, even louder than before. "The quakes are getting stronger...." Sloth shouted to be heard as the ground below them split apart.

They heard screaming not far from their location. Ian followed the noise, his eyes widening in shock. It was Sky, stumbling back from some bushes.

"Sk-Sky?!" He called out.

The ground split wide open. A purple glow appeared around Sky and he slowly levitates in the air.

"Th-that glow... it's Seto!"

Ian spotted Seto next to Sky, both of him levitating in the air. Jason was also with them, gone pale from what was happening. Ian can see that Seto was focused, bearing the weight of two other people.

"Those are my friends!" He exclaimed loudly as he pointed to them frantically. "Sloth, hurry and help!"

The gaa moved towards them, bringing them on as well.

Seto released his aura, letting out a huge sigh of relief. "That was too close..."

"I didn't know it would be this intense...." Jason muttered.

The gas transported them away from the area and let them off once the realm became steady again.

"I can't believe I found you guys." Ian said, smiling widely. 

"What are you doing here?" Sky asked. "I thought... I thought you were with everyone else?"

Ian glanced at Sloth, rubbing his neck. "It's... a long story."

"We have bigger problems here. That person with you.... he's a Sin." Seto pointed accusingly at Sloth.

"Calm down, Seto. He's here to help."

"Isn't he the one that dragged you into this?"

Arguing ensured and Sloth stared up at the dull sky, frowning deeply. "I could have scown I felt a fourth presence..." The Sin's attention turn to the Virtues and the sorcerer, noting their appearances.

He focused on one particular Virtue, tilting his head in curiosity. "An ability?" Sloth can see a faint red aura around him. But not only that, he can see a sinister aura around him.

His eye narrowed. "No... Something's not right..." The blue gas immediately went toward Jason, forming a wall around him.

"H-huh...?!" Jason looked around him, frightened. "What's happening?"

The other three took notice of what's occurring, turning around alarmingly.

"What did I say, Ian?" Seto exclaimed. "He had bad intentions!" His arm was pointed in the Sin's direction and his hands were emitting purple light.

"You will regret attacking me, sorcerer." Sloth said slowly, his eyes not leaving Jason. "I'm just trying to help."

"Sloth.. that's Jason." Ian shouted. "What are you doing?!"

Sky ran towards Jason, attempting to step through the gas but his actions were stopped. "Wh... what is this...?" He could touch the gas as if it was solid but he can see through it as well. He spotted something strange inside with Jason.

"J-Jason... Behind you!" Seto's and Ian's attention swayed to Jason who turned around to see an arm, reaching out for him.

Sloth's gas moved rapidly, turning back into intangible as it rushed towards Jason and the arm. Sky was able to tail after it, grabbing Jason's arm. The gas formed around where the arm appeared, completing barricading it from Jason.

"That arm.... It must be him..." Jason muttered. "It... it was Envy..."

"What are you doing?" Sloth yelled out. "Invidia.. Envy is still there."

Jason felt something wrap around his leg. He looked down and saw that a hand grabbed his foot. There was a hard tug and he fell over, getting pulled in one direction.

"Jason!" Sky went down to take hold of Jason's arms. Jason reached out in a desperate attempt to reach out to Sky. But it was already too late. Jason had disappeared into the ripple.