24: The Others

"Avaritia~"

As soon as he hears his name, he drops the pouch and cursed silently. Golden coins scattered through the floor. The guy has on a sleeveless black turtleneck shirt and beige pants with satchels on the belt. He also have on black boots. Two black iron bands are on both of his arms. There is a black scarf around his neck with one end loosely behind him.

"What do you want now?" Avaritia, or Greed sighs as he looks behind him. Lust was standing there with a smile on face.

They were in his secret storage cellar. The entrance is well hidden so he had no idea how Lust have found it. Ever since he discovered his hiding hole, he has been visiting Greed every once in a while.

"Where did you get that?" Lust pointed to Greed's other hand. "Isn't that Ira's?"

Greed lets the golden amulet dangle, showing off the purple gemstone. There is a small crack in the gem that is visible if you look carefully. He grins proudly. "You don't know how long it took me to get this."

"If Ira finds out..."

Greed shrugs. "I'm sure he knows that it was me." He leans down to pick up the coins he dropped. "I might as well wear it to piss him off. I would have never took it if I knew it was cracked." Greed notices Lust's arm. It was all black.

Greed frowns. "Invida?"

Lust pushes up his sleeves to show that half of his arm had turned black. "Yeah. I can't heal properly either because of the Wither effect."

"You two got into a fight?" Greed picks up the last coin, standing up and tosses to pouch asidd.

"No, a Virtue did this to me."

Greed turns to look at Lust with a perplexed look on his face.

"It seems like Invidia is aiding him. Wonder what he is up to."

"Invidia.. helping someone, not just anyone but a Virtue?" Greed scowls. "I'm sure he's planning something."

List sighs. "I don't get how a Virtue came into our world."

"Must have been Invidia..He is the Opener after all."

"Of course." Lust replied. He waited until Greed's back is facing him. He stepped closer to Greed, smirking as his good arm raised. Something flew, ripping the sleeves of his jacket. Lust looks back to see a dagger embedded into a wall behind him.

"That was a warning," Greed's golden eyes glared at Lust intensely. "Next, I'll make sure your arm gets messed up as much as the other."

Lust chuckles. "I've always like that in you, Avaritia~"

~

A woman ran for her life, her heart pounding rapidly in her chest. Thoughts of death ran through her mind and prompts her to run even faster. She ran into a town, looking around in panic. It was empty.

She ran inside a house and shut the door. She looks around, trying to find a spot for her to hide.In a hurry she step into the dresser.

For a few seconds she could only hear her shallow breathing until she hears the door slamming open. Through a thin crack in the dresser she can see him. She covered her mouth, trying to prevent any noise they would get her caught.

"Where are you, you scum?" He growled. The woman hears a lot of things breaking before the booming footsteps came over to her. She couldn't stop herself from trembling as death was in front of her.

The dresser flew open. The man has on a ragged gray shirt and black pants which ate stained with red, both dry and fresh. His golden eyes met with the woman's fearful face. "No.. No-no-no please!" She shrieked before the man raises an arm.

"Die."

The sword went through her, blood pouring out of her chest when the man pulls back his sword. Her body slumped to the ground.

The house started shaking. The man frowns. These are happening a lot more now. He thought. The quakes were never here this much.

The man walks out of the house, scowling. "Even when I get rid of them, they just keeps popping up."

A candid came trotting towards him. It was a large gray wolf. He stared up at the man with ruby red eyes. He leans down to scratch his neck.

"Let's go Nemesio."