29: Taken

"How.. are we going to find Jason..?" Sky muttered.

The two had been walking without a slightest clue of where Jason could be.

"He could be anywhere.." Sky continued. "Maybe he's hiding somewhere."

Seto wasn't paying attention, pausing in his tracks. "Something's not right.."

Sky freezes. "W-what?"

"I don't remember the Hunger Forest being this huge.."

Sky examines the area. They had been walking for a long time now and haven't gotten out. "You're right.."

"I thought the Mirror Realm would be an exact copy of our world.. geographically.." Seto scowls. "Maybe.. it's a bit different."

"Um.. Seto..?" Sky said.

"What?"

"This.. this is a copy of out world right?"

Seto follows Sky's gaze to find a huge manor.

It was a grand manor, made out of red bricks. Vines crawl up the sides of the building. There was a balcony at top and windows.

It gave an ominous feeling to Seto.

There was nothing like this. Not to Seto's knowledge.

"Should.. should we go in?" Sky asked carefully.

Seto shakes his head. "No.. I don't think it's a good idea."

Sky stand in front of the tall wooden doors. There were scorpions and weird letters engraved in them. He frowns, trying to figure out what it says.

All of a sudden, the door opens slowly, seemingly inviting the two in.

"I didn't do anything!" Sky exclaimed. "The door.. it opened by itself."

There was no one behind the door. No noise was heard within the manor. The lobby had curved staircases on both sides. The walls are painted a royal blue with roses in a darker tone. Enthralled, Sky steps inside. Above them hangs a shiny gold chandelier.

"Who owns this place..?" Sky asked out loud.

There is a a couple red sofas and a fireplace. The whole place is well lights with candle sconces on the walls.

"Sky.. let's move!" Seto said urgently, not wanting to enter.

Sky didn't hear him, turning his head to see hallways with walls decorated with framed photos. He scowls, moving towards them. "Seto.. these photos.."

"Sky!" Seto has no choice but to follow him when Sky left his line of sight. "What are you..." He pauses, looking at what Sky is looking at.

"Isn't that..." It looks like Jason but instead of his bright blue eyes, he had white, eerie eyes. Sky checks the little metal plate underneath the photo. "Invidia.. Envy!"

Seto turns around, looking at the photos. They went all the way to the ceiling. "Wh-who are these people?!"

Sky had walked to the end of a hall which turns to a corner. There was an empty frame. Feeling strange, he walks up to it. There was no photo but there is a plate. It reads: Kindness:Jason.

~

Jason had nowhere to run. He grabs the nearest thing that can be used as a weapon- a chair. He holds it up in front of him like a shield.

"You were expecting Invidia?" Lust's smile widens. "I can get two birds with one stone then~"

"G-get away.." Jason's voice shook as his grip on the chair tightens. Envy.. where are you..?

"Your scent is all over the place," Lust said. "It took me awhile to find you since Gula's place is around."

Scent..? He followed me by scent?!

"Come with me now, Kindness," Lust said softly. "I won't harm you if you come peacefully." He grabs one of the chair's legs and tugged, almost playfully.

"Drop the chair, Virtue." The Sin said, pushing the chair forward, shoving Jason backwards.

Jason at that moment, pushed forward. Lust, surprised at the sudden change, stumbled back. Jason takes this chance to run pass Lust and towards the door.

However, Lust was right behind him when Jason pulled the doorknob. The Sin slammed his hand on the door, forcing it shut. Jason pulled as hard as he could but the door wouldn't budge.

As a last resort, he reaches for his gloves to pull it off, stopped when Lust grabbed his arm, pulling it back roughly. Jason winces in pain, moving the glove to his mouth. He was stopped again, this time his other arm was pulled back.

"If it was another Sin, they would have broken your arms." Lust smirks. "Think of how lucky you are, Virtue."

"Why.. why are you following me?!" Jason asked.

"Why?" Lust repeated. "You're a Virtue, that's why." He turns Jason around, staring into his eyes.

Jason tried to turn away but it was too late.

"Close your eyes, Virtue~"

En... vy...

Jason felt his eyes grow heavy before he slumps over.