51: Back Together

Jason and Envy find themselves back in the Mirror Realm.

"N... no....I wasn't done..." Jason muttered. "She... she was one of Virtues before me..."

"One of the Virtues... before you?" Envy questioned.

Jason nodded. "I only remembered because I have seen a picture of her before..."

Envy eyed Jason carefully, trying to see where the orb had gone.

He recalled Acedia mentioning the orb. They're meant for Virtues but the Sins can also use them.They can unlock new abilities or become a booster for the Sins.

If I can get my hands on the orb, I'll be able to protect Kindness more!

Envy paused. The thought of turning against Jason after the Virtue forgave him.. No.. I can't do that... He clenches his fists. He doesn't know what it is.. Perhaps I can....

"Envy?"

The Sin looked up, startled when he realized that Jason was looking at him, frowning. "Are you okay?" Jason asked him, concerned. "Is there something happening?"

"I.. I'm fine..." Envy said quickly. He looks around, trying to find a way to change the subject. "It.. it looks like we're in the area where the ripple was supposed to take us."

Jason looked around. "I don't see them around, though..." He muttered. "I guess I'm separated again..." Envy watched as the Virtue's face fell.

Without thinking, Envy's hand grabbed Jason's arm.

"E-Envy?!" Jason was confused as he was pulled along Envy.

"Acedia... Sloth... " Envy said. "I can sense his presence nearby. They shouldn't have gone that far."

"Really?!" Jason's face lit up as he grinned. "Let's find them fast and we can all sort things out. We'll be able to go back home too!"

The corners of Envy's mouth raised slightly without him realizing.

~

Sloth jolted awake from his sleep and quickly jumped up from the ground. His senses had woken him up.

Each Sin had their own presence and each one of them can sense the other's presence to some extent. Sloth's senses are greater than most, if not all of the Sins.

"Wake up, Virtues!" Sloth shouted. "There's a Sin coming near."

Ian's eyes flew open and he got up immediately. "Wh-what...?! A sin! Seto.. Sky, wake up!"

The two were woken up by Ian's shouting. "What's going on?!" Sky asked, bewildered. Seto's aura glowed as he got on guard.

"There's a Sin coming straight for us." Sloth answered, pointing in the direction of the presence. "But... It's Envy that's coming our way..."

"Envy...?" Seto frowned. "He's... coming to us?"

Sloth let out a sigh. He couldn't think of any good reason that Envy would come directly to them. The sound of crunching grass came closer. The four waited in anticipation as the sounds slowed to a stop.

There was a long pause before Sloth scratched his head. "I didn't think you would be that kind of person... Invidia.." He said, breaking the silence. The gas around him dissipated.

Envy stood before them but to their shock, Jason was right beside him.

"J-Jason?!" Sky and Ian exclaimed in unison.

"Guys!" Jason grinned widely. "I... I have a lot of things to say..."

Before Seto could say anything, Sloth spoke up. "Let me talk with Invidia. Kindness can explain what happened to you Virtues."

Jason nodded and headed over to his friends. Sloth and Envy waited until they're out of earshot of the others. Sloth pulled up his sleeping mask halfway, staring at Envy with his exposed eye.

"Just what are you doing, Invidia...?"

"What are you doing, Acedia?" Envy said back. "Why are you following the Virtues around?"

"Funny... coming from you.." Sloth scoffed.

The two Sins stared at each other. Both of them felt like the other had hidden intentions.

"Tsk.. What exactly happened after you got Kindness?"

"I didn't do anything." Envy answered. "But Superbia.. He attacked us."

Sloth frowned. Superbia was missing for quite a while. For him to make an appearance... "Something must be happening..." He muttered.

"... Luxuria told me that the realm is going to collapse... and that Father will be awakened."

Sloth paused and it seemed like he was thinking deeply about something. He let out a long sigh as he scratched his hair. "It seems like things are getting troublesome."