81: Fate

Greed felt as if he was being watched. It was an uncomfortable feeling, causing him to be more annoyed than anything. Not only that but the presence felt familiar. A presence of someone that he dislikes, even though they had never formally met.

He shot a glance back, masking it as he checked Charity who is following him.

Sure enough, Pride was the one behind it. Greed could also make out the person next to him to be a sorcerer of some sort. He recognized him to be someone that Lust babbled about.

Greed smirked. He wouldn't care if Pride lived or died. He did enjoy Pride calling out for help, though. The fact that Pride had reached out must mean that he was desperate.

It only meant one thing. That body isn't his but the counterpart of himself. He weighs his options, wondering if it would be worth it to save the Sin's vessel.

Greed paused in his tracks.

"Why're we stopping?" Mitch asked.

Greed turned, pointing in the direction of Pride. "It looks like your friend is in trouble."

Mitch quickly followed Greed's gaze, eyes widening. "Th-that's... Ty!" He ran towards them.

"H-help me, Mitch!"

Smart thinking, Superbia. Greed remarked as he watched Mitch tackle the sorcerer to the ground. Passing by, he quickly cast a glance at Superbia. Seeing his appearance confirmed Pride's situation. "You owe me one."

Greed headed towards Mitch as a smirk crept upon his face. The Virtues clearly won't trust me... I can use Superbia in Humility's body. But now the question is what to do with this sorcerer...

"Ty... are you alright?!" Mitch glanced back to see him collapse to the ground. "Ty!"

He turned his attention to the man on the ground. He had tackled him to the ground yet there was no resistance or struggle, allowing him to get a good look at the sorcerer. He was similar to Seto but his eyes...

"Who... who are you?" Mitch said slowly.

"You must be... the Virtue of Charity... Yes... We have never met before, you can call me Jimmy!" Jimmy beamed widely. "And... you're Avaritia!"

"However... You... two..." His smile disappeared in a split second. His eyes widened, flaring up in anger. "Stopped me from getting those eyes!"

Greed saw it before it even happened, quickly grabbing Mitch's flannel by the collar and pulling him off of Jimmy. A large burst of orange flames rushed out from Jimmy's palms in front of him.

Jimmy rose up to his feet and the two can see just how damaged his body was. Burns was all over his arms, almost reaching to his shoulders. His right hand is twisted at the wrong angle, indicating that it's broken.

Mitch was horrified and shocked. "H... his body..."

"I see... This must be why Luxuria warned me about you." Greed muttered.

"Y-you.... You ruined the perfect moment..." Jimmy lifted up his right hand pointing at them, even though it was broken. "It was so... so... soooo perfect until you two came along." He shot a crazed, malicious look at Greed and Mitch. "I'm going to kill all three of you."

Without warning, he lunged towards them. Flames erupted with more intensity from his palms.

Mitch quickly pulled out his dagger, fully intent to defend Ty who's behind him. He braced himself as Jimmy came closer, tightening his grip on the handle.

As soon as Jimmy was close enough, he swiped out with his dagger. A cut across Jimmy's shoulder didn't stop him. Mitch tried to jump back from the fire but he was too slow. Putting his arms out to defend himself, he felt the burning pain all over his arms.