17: Fraud

Sky went to the housing sectors to try and search for the boy. He tried looking around the same spot where he last saw them but they were nowhere to be found. He remembered the mom calling the boy Zak.

"Hey, do you know a boy named Zak?" Sky asked a passing man.

"Oh.. Hello Patience! Zak?" The man frowns. "Ah.. A woman was asking the same thing."

Could it be his mom? "Do you know where she is?"

"She went that way." The man pointed down a pathway that leads to a small lake in the sector. Sky followed down, scouring the area. When he gets closer to the lake, he can hear someone crying- a woman's cry. Sky heads closer, seeing the mother of Zak on a bench, weeping.

"Hello..?" Sky said softly. "Are you alright?"

The mother looks up, sniffling. "A.. Ah!" She stood up quickly, trying to hide her face. "I'm sorry.. That you have to see me like this, Patience!" She tries to wipe her face, deeply embarrassed.

"No, no. It's fine" Sky decided to give her some time to calm down. He looks around to see if Zak was nearby but nobody was here with them.

".. my child..." The woman spoke quietly. "He's... he's different..."

Sky turns around. "Different..?" He asked, frowning.

She nodded, rubbing her eyes. "Yesterday he was such a good boy and today he's... he's like a whole different person!"

"What did he do?"

"At first he was acting out." The mom said. "He makes fun of people that we pass by." She went on but Sky didn't hear the rest. He was too busy in his own thoughts.

This.. has to be.... Jason's..

~

Jason's breath got caught in his throat. "What?" He let out a laugh. "Are you playing around Seto?"

"Playing?" Seto frowns. "You're hiding something Jason."

Do not lose composure. Jason gives a smile. "Come on Seto, what are you trying to say?"

"You're acting weirdly." Seto said. "Plus.. now the Effects of Kindness of gone too."

"It can't be gone. The boy had a bad day. " He argued, repeating what the Virtues had said.

"Then tell me, what happened when you had your accident?"

Accident.. He remembered going into the Overworld and chasing after the Virtue of Kindness. He knocked him out just to see how Jason looks like up close in order to transform into him before slipping back into his own realm.

"I just fell." Jason said with no hesitation. Be confused. He told himself. I can get out of this situation.

Seto seems to frown deeper, stepping towards Jason. "Just fell?" He repeated.

What did the Virtue say..? Jason nodded, trying to play it safe. "That's all I needed to know." Seto responded. He reaches out and grabs Jason's collar, pulling him closer.

H-huh?! "Seto.. what are you doing?" Jason asked. Seto's eyes widen as he checks what was on Jason's neck.

"The symbol..." He hears the sorcerer mutter. "This isn't a Virtue symbol." Jason shoved Seto back, covering his neck while his heart pounded. The symbol that represents him could never change or go away. I can't believe this... How can he know...? Jason's eyes widen. No.. don't tell me that Kindness has a symbol in the same spot?

"That's.. the symbol of a Sin." Seto steps back. "The Snake of Envy." Seto remembers reading about it in his library. "What did you do to Jason?"

Jason stood there, caught red handed in a human realm where he should have the most power. Only if the sorcerer wasn't here.. He gritted his teeth. "I knew.. that you would find out sooner or later."

A purple glow appeared around Seto. "Where is Jason?" He asked, more demanding this time. He watches as the fake's eyes slowly changes into a pair of glowing white eyes. His clothes changed as well, the illusion revealing the true form of the Sin.

The Jason that everyone thought was their friend was a fraud. Envy smiles. "He's in another world now." He responded.

"Transformation." Seto muttered.

"Sorcerer, it must be nice living in the Overworld..." Envy said, looking at him in the eyes. "Everything here is so... peaceful."

"Give Jason back." Seto demanded, letting his aura surround his hands.

"No way, I'm going to remove all the Virtues from this realm." Envy stated. "Then everyone here would underst-" Before he can finish, Seto puts his arm out and a purple ball hurls straight towards the Sin. He ducked, avoiding the ball. Not as big as the other sorcerer. He noted. Seto prepared to fire another one but suddenly Envy ran towards him.

"Try and follow me if you can." Seto hears the Sin whisper mockingly, as he passes by. Seto whipped around to throw another but the Sin had vanished.