23: Plans

The Mirror Realm Kingdom is in ruins. Sky sees similar structures and buildings but they were destroyed.

"What happened here...?" Sky muttered. The whole place was eerily quiet, making the two of them warily.

Seto scans the area, trying to see if there was anything that looks suspicious or dangerous. In the corner of his eye he saw something move, darting behind a pile of rubble. He stops, prompting Sky to stop as well.

"What's wrong?" Sky asked, frowning.

"Something's here." Seto replied, his hands glowing.

Sky looks at the direction of where he was staring. He waited and saw someone poking his head out from rubble. "It's a person!" He sighs in relief as he takes a few steps towards the guy.

Seto puts his hand on the shoulder, stopping him. "Sky.. this isn't our own world.. That person.. He gives off bad vibes.."

Sky opens his mouth to say something but there was a sound of quick footsteps, running. They were behind the two. Seto's eyes widen as he turned around, seeing another man running straight at them. There was a knife in his hand and the intent was clear on his expression.

The man raised his arms, directing his blade towards Sky's face. Seto barely had time to pull Sky back. Sky's cheek was bleeding but fortunately it was just a small cut. Seto's aura reached out towards the man's knife as he tried to stab Sky. He tried to lunge but the knife wouldn't move. Seto pushes his aura a little more, causing the knife to fly out of the man's hands.

"The Sin of Wrath!" The man shouted. "Kill the Sin!"

The one that was hiding revealed himself. He also had a weapon in his hands. More people appeared. There was this many?? Seto and Sky finds themselves surrounded.

"Sky.. we got to run!" Seto shouted. One of them charged at Seto. His hands glowed, ready to defend but the man changed his direction of attack and went for Sky. The man had a wooden bat. Sky pulled out his sword in time, the man had put enough force in the bat for the sword to cut half of it.

"Sky!" Seto grabs Sky's arms and they ran with the group chasing after them.

Seto looked around, trying to find a way to get rid of the group following them. His arms reached towards the direction of some rubble. Slowly, they started to levitate. He hurled the rubble behind him, making sure to slow them down.He hurled a couple more in case they were still following.

Sky recognizes the forest ahead of them. He turns back to check if there was anyone. "I think we're good now." Sky said.

The two stopped, sighing in relief. "That was too close." Seto said.

"Seto... they called me a Sin." Sky said, scowling.

"The Sin look like you, Sky." Seto replied. "They act like they're.. affected."

"This is what will happen if we don't find Jason soon?"

Seto nodded slowly. His teacher had told him how Affected people are and it was not pleasant to hear.

"Jason.." Sky muttered. "Do you think he got attacked too?"

"Let's hurry and find him."

~

Night falls soon after Seto and Sky entered inside the ripple. Ty called up another meeting to discuss what their plans are. Sky had entrusted Ty to lead even when he argued that he didn't want to.

"What should we do?" Quentin asked, clearly anxious. He looks around at the table with a frightened look. "What... what if they don't come back?"

Ian scowls. "They have to come back."

"Let's prepare for the worst.." Mitch said slowly. Let's suppose they don't make it back."

Everyone exchanges anxious glances. They were all hoping that the two will make it back safely with Jason.

"It.. it should be fine.. right?" Ty asked.

Jerome shakes his head. "No way.. Kindness is already gone and some of the people are already affected."

What do we do Ty?" Quentin asked. Everyone turns to Ty, waiting for an answer. He shifts uncomfortably in his seat.

"Ho-how about someone go and see how many people are affected..?"

"I'll do it." Ian volunteered, standing up abruptly.

"We'll see how bad it is and then work on a plan to try and help them." Ty said. "That's what we will do until they come back."

~

The Virtue of Kindness.. Envy watches Jason who was laid out on the bed, sleeping. He has only been there for a moment before he went out.

He must have been exhausted...

The Sin sat down at the edge of the bed, staring at Jason.

I can kill him now. It was true. Jason didn't even need to know. Envy's heart thumped as he reaches towards Jason. What is the use of the Virtue?

Jason suddenly grabs Envy's hand. "Sky.. Don't leave me.."

Envy scowls, seeing that he was still asleep.

"Ty... Everyone..." Jason whispered, tightening his grip. "Please.." Tears started going down his face.

Envy can see tears going down Jason's face as he held onto his hand.

Envy felt a slight sensation in his chest. He patted himself but finds nothing wrong. This is.. strange..

Am I getting influenced by a Virtue? Envy scowls. It could be what the other Virtues were talking about in the meeting. People getting affected. But it doesn't make sense for a Sin to have the same side effect.

He sighs, prying Jason's fingers off his hand. Envy turns away and heads out but not before writing a note for Jason to see when he wakes up.