53: Kidnapped

"Now Virtue, what are you going to do now?"

That's impossible...

The Sin in front of Mitch smirked, displaying his chest where a knife had stabbed him. However, there was no trace of the stab wound besides the blood stains.

"Was this all to your plan, Charity?" Lust asked him, tauntingly.

Th-this is bad... Mitch's hand quickly reached out for the doorknob behind him.

"Don't tell me... you're trying to run away from me...!" The door cracked open but it wasn't enough for Mitch to squeeze through. Lust rushed forward, slamming his hand on the door.

The door slammed shut with a loud thud and Mitch was forced to back away from Lust and the exit.

The window was also an option, however Mitch couldn't escape via window with no injuries. Jumping from his room to the ground would surely severely injure his leg.

Ugh... This is no good...

"Hmm... I guess I can play with you a little longer..." Lust said, smirking. "You are Avarice's other after all..."

"Like I asked before... what are you going to do now...?" Lust questioned as he stepped towards Mitch. "This can't be all, right?"

"I want you to tell me what you did to my friends." Mitch demanded.

Lust chuckled. "Your friends...? Shouldn't you worry about yourself more?"

"What did you do to them?" Mitch asked again, more harshly this time.

"You don't have to worry about them," Lust replied. His eyes narrowed as he stared at Mitch. "Not anymore..." He added with an ominous tone.

Mitch grew cold. "You didn't..."

Lust shrugged his shoulders as his smile spread across his face. "Who knows?"

Mitch clenched his teeth, glaring fiercely at the Sin. Once I beat him, I'll go find everyone.

He holds up the knife, examining Lust from top to bottom. There has to be a way... he must have a weakness...

"Let's see... what are you planning now..." Lust scratches his chin. He scrunches up his face as if he was thinking hard. "You must be thinking that I have a weakness, am I right?"

Mitch didn't answer as he tried to think up a plan.

"Even if you were to stab me again, the results will be the same!"

Mitch remembered from Seto's books, some legends end with the hero beheading the evil entity. However, even if he were to try that, a kitchen knife couldn't perform that feat.

Can a knife blade cut off a hand...? Mitch looked at the knife he's holding. No... that's impossible.. This is just a kitchen knife... The least it can do is stabs and cuts...

Then the head...! I'll have to aim for his head... Mitch swallowed hard. It's worth a shot...

He breathed in and out slowly as Lust watched with a confident smile. Mitch charged at Lust who didn't move an inch or attempted to. Mitch threw his right arm holding the knife directly towards the Sin's face.

The knife's tip stopped a few millimeters from Lust's forehead. Lust's right hand had grabbed Mitch's wrist, stopping him. Mitch tried to push forward but the knife wouldn't budge.

The knife shook in Mitch's grip as Lust squeezed his wrist, violently. The pressure felt like his hand was trapped under a boulder.

"Ugh...." Mitch grimaced in pain.

"Let go of the knife, Charity." Lust commanded. "Or this fragile wrist of yours will break."

C-crap... No... not yet! Mitch held on, gripping the handle tightly. This is my chance...!

Mitch's left arm reached for his back and pulled out another knife. Lust's eyes widened as he lifted up his free arm to shield his head. The blade sliced opened the Sin's left arm, ripping through the fabric.

The second knife ended up piercing through Lust's left hand but not his head as the Sin's arm had screwed up the trajectory of the knife.

Lust let go of Mitch's wrist as he reeled back in pain. He grabbed his left hand, cursing and flailing around.

"Do... do you know.. how long this will take to heal..." Lust growled as he shot a vicious glare in Mitch's direction. He grabbed the handle of the knife and pulled it out quickly.

Mitch managed to see what was on Lust's left hand. Just like Jerome, Lust also had a symbol on the same spot. A... Scorpion...!

Blood continued to trickle down his arm, indicating that the wound didn't heal.

A loud bang sounded at the door behind Lust.

"Mitch..! Are you in there?!"

"Mitch.. answer us!"

"Q-Quentin...?! Jerome?!" Mitch yelled, his eyes widened as he looked at Lust turned towards the door, armed with the knife that Mitch used. "Don't open the door, Lust is waiting there for you!" He shouted out. "If you open that door, he can kill you!"

"Wh-what?!" Jerome cried out.

"I'm in a bad mood right now.. you saved your friends just now..." Lust snarled. He opened his mouth to continue but his face twisted in anguish as a loud sound was made. "Wh... wh-what.." A sword penetrated through his stomach. Jerome had broken through the wooden door with the sword to impale him.

The sword pulled back and Lust jumped back from the door, huffing as he held his stomach. Jerome and Quentin entered, both armed with swords which they had taken before they arrived.

Lust glared at the three Virtues around him as a larger pool of blood formed on the floor below him.

"You're surrounded, Lust!" Mitch said, grinning. "Your wounds aren't healing anymore."

Lust let out a laugh, startling the three. He continued to laugh even as he was bleeding.

"You think I'm defeated...?" Lust asked, sneering. "No... I'm not even close to being defeated.." He whirled around to Mitch.

Quentin's eyes widened as he saw what was happening. "No, wait! Mitch, don't look at him in the eyes!"

H-his eyes...?! As soon as Mitch and Lust's eyes met, his body froze.

No... what is this...?

Mitch can see Lust dashing towards him but his body wouldn't move. He sees Quentin and Jerome behind Lust, chasing him with their swords.

"No! Mitch, snap out of it!" Quentin screamed.

Lust grabbed Mitch, throwing him over his shoulders. While carrying Mitch over his shoulders, he ran straight for the window. He jumped, smashing through the window and shattered it completely.

Jerome and Quentin shielded themselves from the shards of glass flying towards them with their hands and arms.

"Mitch!" Jerome and Quentin shouted out in unison as they rushed over to the broken window.

Jerome slammed his fist onto the wall in rage while Quentin looked out the window in disbelief.

Lust and Mitch were nowhere in sight.