92: Catastrophe

Pride couldn't hide his irritation. The body was practically his, yet Humility still has an extent of control. He shot a glare at both Sky and the sorcerer who was behind him. Tearing through the Virtue should be easy but no matter how much he had tried, his claws wouldn't slash through him.

Jimmy was laughing at the situation. "What are you going to do now, Superbia?!"

"You're a coward!" Pride hissed.

"I'm sure you'll use dirty tricks in a heartbeat as well." Jimmy retorted.

The fight was dragging on far too long. Both of them can feel the fatigue setting in from their injuries. Pride was missing one of his eyes, effectively lowering his reaction. He had suffered burns from his previous encounter with Jimmy that haven't healed and now he received new burns–much more intense than last time. Just moving is enough to cause him a good deal of pain.

Jimmy was losing blood, especially from the deep wounds by the claws. His new eye can process movements at an incredibly fast pace but he was gradually getting slower as more time passed. It's a miracle that he's able to stay conscious. He had done a good job on the makeshift tourniquet for his severed right arm but without it, his abilities are limited to only his left hand and arm.

Sky struggled to break free from Jimmy's aura. Ty was still there—he doesn't know how Pride took control but what matters more is that Ty is there. He has to activate his Essence again–that green glow from before. To the Virtue's relief, the two seem to be in a stalemate. Jimmy was unable to do anything else but hold him and Pride was unable to attack since he was being used as a shield.

Pride suddenly sneered. "Are you forgetting you're in my dome?"

Jimmy pulls Sky's body close to him and smirks in response. The Sin's sneer vanished as he shot him a cold glare.

"We're doing a waiting game then? You're the one bleeding out, just throw that Virtue aside and let me speed things up."

Sky can hear how uneven Jimmy's breathing is. On closer inspection, behind the smirks and laughter, the man looks like he will drop any moment now.

He suddenly realizes that Jimmy is just a human—like the rest of them. Injuries like that should incapacitate people instantly yet Jimmy was still standing.

Jimmy's shoulders started shaking. At first, Sky thought he was about to give in to his injuries. He began laughing. It was the same laugh when his arm got severed—a maniac and loud laughter.

"This... must be all because of fate!" He exclaimed.

The dome started shaking. Pride seems alarmed, looking around as his dome breaks apart, cracks appearing throughout it.

Sky's eyes widened in horror as he realized what it was—another quake.

"This too—is happening because of fate!" Jimmy begins laughing more hysterically. The shadow dome broke away and they were back out in the open. The ground crumbles apart beneath their feet.

Jimmy wasn't moving at all, essentially putting Sky in danger as well. "Let go!" Sky cried out.

Pride sneered as he leaped in the air, his wings keeping him in the air. He opened his mouth to ridicule both Jimmy and Sky but paused.

"Wh-what is this?!" Sky exclaimed.

The quakes weren't stopping. From above, Pride can see cracks spreading through the entirety of his field of vision. Everything was rumbling and shaking. He was in the air and yet he was affected by the shaking somehow.

Jimmy was shown off-balance, still laughing and enjoying the spectacle. "It's happening! It's collapsing!" His hold on Sky released, causing him to fall over as well.