97: Commencing Plan

Sloth made his way to the location as fast as they could. His fingers were crossed. If no other Sin was there, he could continue with the plan. He can feel his body loosen up once he sees that no one else is there.

As he comes closer to Father, he can see blood splatters on his ragged shirt. From the looks of it, they were recent.

Who... Sloth gaze fell on a body nearby. His exposed eye widened in shock. Wrath's body had a single wound, a clean one right through the middle of his body. The body lay motionless, facedown in a pool of blood.

"Ira..." He muttered under his breath.

He heard that Envy formed a temporary alliance with Wrath against Herobrine. Wrath held some kind of hatred towards Father, one that Sloth couldn't comprehend fully. He knew Wrath would be too unpredictable so he counted him out of the plan.

The tension grew thicker. It was obvious that Wrath tried to kill Father and in turn, he got killed for it. Any wrong moves and he'll end up like Wrath as well.

"Don't worry about him." Herobrine's voice rang out, causing Sloth's attention to snap back to him. "He was disobedient."

Sloth tried not to let anything show on his face. "... I see..."

"You must be Acedia. I see Gula is here as well..."

Gula?! Sloth feels his heart drop. He didn't think that Gluttony would show at all. They incapacitated him not that long ago. It should have been impossible for him to reassemble.

"Where are the rest of you?"

Sloth noticed something moving. It was a detached hand, somehow dragging itself forward through the debris. He looks around for any other body parts but it seems to be the only one.

He... he's still incapacitated...

Herobrine scowled in distaste, seeing the hand in front of him. "What kind of sorry state is that?" The hand seemed to flinch as if it heard his harsh tone. "Don't come back if you're going to look like this." In a quick motion, he kicked the hand and sent it flying through the air.

Herobrine went to a larger pile of debris and sat on it. "Three Sins have come here and only one is decent enough."

A few more moments after and Envy is coming towards them in the opposite direction where Sloth came from.

"Here is another one."

Envy tried his best to not appear anxious. Every step closer to Herobrine causes his throat to tighten. He doesn't know how Sloth can stand normally around Father. His presence was suffocating.

Can we really do this...?! Is everyone going to be alright? Jason... is he okay right now? Is anything happening?

Envy spotted Wrath's body and his face paled.

Wh-what happened to Ira...?! He looks over to Sloth who is looking away, not trying to make eye contact. Then he glanced at Herobrine, noticing the blood splatters in his clothes. He... killed him... He realized in horror. That... easily...

If Wrath was taken down in a single strike, wouldn't he and Sloth both die in similar ways? He felt himself begin to despair.

If the plan failed—if they couldn't take Father down...

A new thought came to his mind.

He could expose Sloth and then beg Jason to be spared.

At least then, Jason would not be killed. If he had to, he'll offer his own life in exchange. Then Jason would be alive and well.

The safest and best outcome... Envy bites his lips as he finally reaches his destination. He stood on the side of Herobrine, trying not to tremble.

Even if another Sin out the two of them, Envy can say he was only manipulating Sloth and the other Virtues.

Jason... he would be happy since he wasn't killed...

No. Envy hears his own voice scold him. That's not true.

He was reminded of Jason's memories–how he felt toward his friends. If they were gone...

Envy felt ashamed for even thinking about betraying Sloth and the others.

"Invidia."

Envy jolted at the mention of his name.

"Is something wrong? You look pale." Herobrine was looking straight at him. Envy wanted to run away but at the same time, his body won't move.

"I-it's nothing..." Envy managed out, lowering his head.

Will this really work... Acedia?

They only had four Artifacts: Jason's Ocean Hymn, Mitch's Illumina, Jerome's Frostguard, and Quentin's Shooting Star. Unfortunately, Jason seems to be the only one that has unlocked his Essence which allows him to heal others and his Artifact can speed up the progress.

If they had more time, perhaps they could have gotten the rest of the Artifacts.

Sloth stepped forward towards Herobrine. He took a couple of steps before bowing. "Father, I have some important news to tell you..."

Herobrine turns his attention to him. "Important news?" He asked with a tilt of his head.

Sloth nodded slowly. "That's right... it's about what happened..."

This is it. It's been initiated! Herobrine's back is fully facing Envy now. He took a few shaky steps toward, careful not to make any noise at all. There wasn't any space for doubts, he'll just have to go through with the plan.

Sloth continued on, twisting the events that had happened as Envy quietly made his way over. He slowly stretched out his arm, his right hand reaching for Herobrine.

If this works, then none of the Virtues would get involved—

—So Jason and his friends won't get hurt anymore.

—Then I would have successfully protected your reincarnation, Valerie!