70: Other Half

Quentin finished cleaning and closing up Ian's wounds. He finished it by wrapping bandages around the wounds. "Ian...?" He asked. There was no response. He swallows hard as his hand touches Ian's neck, searching for a pulse.

Ian was alive.

Relief flooded throughout his body as he took a couple steps back, sliding down the wall. Quentin was completely exhausted.

Had these medical equipment not been here, Ian would have been a goner. Quentin looked out in the hallway, seeing Gluttony's body parts still there. He shuddered before getting up and started going towards them.

He grabbed one of the arms, trying to not gag. He picked up what he could, hastily tossing it all into the room where he found the notes. He closes the door once he waa finished. "That's much better." He muttered, at ease.

Quentin heads back to the room where Ian is at. "What do I do now...? I can't move Ian in that condition..." He closes the door quietly behind him. Just to be safe, Quentin pushes a cabinet in front of the door, blocking the entry.

Feeling tired, he sat down and leaned against it, shutting his eyes.

~

Seto tried to open a ripple but it was no use. He got sent to a place unfamiliar to him. He doesn't know what exactly happened but figured it might have to do with the quakes.

"Everyone else might be separated too..." Seto mumbled. He took in his surroundings. By the looks of it, he is near a large abandoned town.

He heads towards the town, hoping to find a clue of where he's at. Seto cautiously entered the closest house. There was no one inside and the place was in shambles. He stepped in, checking each room. There was nothing useful.

The next houses were the same. Just as Seto was about to leave the house he's in, he hears footsteps from outside. Not one, but two people were outside.

He peers through the door, trying to see who it is. Someone passed by the house he's in. It was a man with black hair and a beard. A large scar runs from one side of his cheek to another. He is dressed in a battered black shirt and brown pants. An amulet hangs around his neck-that looks exactly the same as Sky's.

His eyes widened. No way... Isn't that—

The second person passed by which caught Seto off guard. The world seems to slow down as the person passes.

Wait....

White bandages were wrapped around his head, covering his left eye. His right arm is also wrapped in bandages. His black and yellow shirt is tattered, with the right sleeve torn off. His black pants were in a similar state. The familiar blonde, spiky hair and blue eyes.

No... no way...

Without thinking, Seto bursts out of the house, alerting the two. They whirled around, clearly alarmed to see Seto there.

Seto can see the two clearly now. There was no doubt about it. "You... you are two alive....! Ant and Brice!"

Brice's eyes widened as he took a couple steps back. "H-h-how did Jimmy find us so fast...?!" He cowered behind Ant, trembling. "What do we do..?!"

Ant drew his sword, pointing it at Seto. "Leave us alone!" He looked more frightened than anything, the blade shaking in his grasp.

"Wha... what are you two doing...?" Seto asked, walking towards the two. "It's.. it's me, Seto!"

"Brice... I'll hold him off." Ant said. "I will catch up with you."

"No!" Brice protested. "We escaped together. We will get out of here tog—" He coughed, violently.

Seto's eyes widened as he saw Brice from before, coughing the same way on his bed.

"Brice, are you alright?!" Ant exclaimed.

"Ye.. yes... I'm fine..." Brice wiped away the blood from his mouth, panting. "Let's run."

No.. that can't be... Seto looked at Brice in devastation. He... he's sick... he's sick again...

"W-what.... Why are there two?!" Ant said, looking horrified.

Seto freezes as something ominous is standing right next to him. Two arms wrapped around him tightly. Seto's eyes widened as he saw someone that looked familiar to himself embracing him. The eyes were bizarre. His right eye is dark before turning green in the middle, instead of a pupil it was a black slit. His left eye is a shade of orange, red and yellow.

He had a demented look on his face, smiling widely at Seto as he hugged him from the side.

"Thank you for finding my experiments for me, my other half!"