88: Undying

Quentin was panicking. Gluttony is right in front of him and everyone else is far ahead of him, not noticing that he was behind.

The Sin's body is hovering slightly as if something was holding him up. His entire body was dangling, making it unnerving to look at.

"Your... body..." Gluttony muttered. "Give me!" His body shot forward and Quentin bolted.

Everyone else isn't that far away. He just has to get close enough for them to hear him.

He glanced back, seeing how unnatural the Sin's movements are. His entire body seems to be dangling as if there were invisible strings holding up his limbs. No... There are strings attached to his limbs. Quentin could barely see them. They looked to be attached to something but Quentin couldn't see anything.

Sloth said Gluttony was dead but there has to be a way to get rid of him permanently.

I'll have to incapacitate him like before.

He aimed Shooting Star at Gluttony and pulled the trigger. The sigil appeared in front of the gun as it charges before shooting a blue beam. It went straight to Gluttony. His body jerked to the side and twisted his torso at a 90 degrees angle. The blue beam missed its shots and his body snapped back into place.

Quentin winced just at the sight of it. It looked painful but Gluttony seemed unaffected.

"Sloth!" He shouted out, seeing that Sloth is the closest one. He didn't seem to have heard him as he cuts down another one of Gluttony's people with his smoke. Quentin glanced back at Gluttony, fast approaching.

He looked down at Shooting Star, seeing the smoke coming out of the muzzle. "Come on now..."

Something grabbed him by the ankles, tripping him. It was half of a body, half skeleton, and half flesh. "What even are these things?!" Quentin exclaimed as he kicked it off of him. He stood back up as soon as he could.

"Zombies." Gluttony's voice answered him. It sounded like he was right behind him.

Quentin whirled around and Gluttony's right hand reached for his throat. Thinking quickly, he used Shooting Star as a shield. It made a loud clang as soon as his hand struck the Artifact.

"Wh-what...?" Quentin sees Gluttony raising his other arm. His eyes widened in horror as he saw multiple blades embedded into the Sin's palm. They dangerously jut out, the ends of the blade pointing straight towards him.

Without much choice, he brought up his left arm and the blades went inside of his skin. "Ugh...!" Quentin winced loudly.

He was stuck in this position.

Shooting Star was stuck in an awkward angle against Gluttony's right hand. The blades dig deeper into his left arm as Gluttony pushes forward. Quentin planted his foot in the ground, trying to fight back.

The blades are in his deep left arm, the longer ones poking out from the other side.

Another blade emerged from Gluttony's left arm, going by Quentin's arm. It was long. Long enough to reach for his throat. It was slowly inching towards Quentin's neck.

"Couldn't... take.. painlessly..." Gluttony said. "I'll... make sure... hurts..."

Quentin leaned back, trying to move further away. The blade stops just a few inches away from his throat.

"Your body... I take... off your head..." Gluttony smiled as his orange eyes seemed to swirl. "I use... your entire body..."

"You're not taking my body." Quentin shot back through gritted teeth.